Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042358 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3525 on: January 01, 2013, 06:57:33 am »

But, those characteristics being only a third each of the creature's dimensions, wouldn't it take all three to make a scaled proportion? Or are you assuming 200 means full-blown meters?

There is unfortunately scant information on the wiki on how this works...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: January 01, 2013, 11:25:29 am »

What determines a shields weight?
EDIT: Other than it's material, of course.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: January 01, 2013, 01:02:42 pm »

[MATERIAL_SIZE], I expect.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: January 01, 2013, 01:24:04 pm »

But, those characteristics being only a third each of the creature's dimensions, wouldn't it take all three to make a scaled proportion? Or are you assuming 200 means full-blown meters?

A) It would take all three to make a scaled proportion, but they would have to be different in scale.
B) Seeing as body size is taken in cm3, I would guess that anything else relating to the body size would also use cm, and 200cm is 2m.

EDIT: failed at my conversions... 1m is 100 cm, not 10...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:17:57 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3529 on: January 01, 2013, 01:39:34 pm »

Wiki says: Shields    : Based on UPSTEP and the race that crafted it. The bigger your creature, the heavier the shield.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: January 01, 2013, 02:52:52 pm »

A) It would take all three to make a scaled proportion, but they would have to be different in scale.
B) Seeing as body size is taken in cm3, I would guess that anything else relating to the body size would also use cm, and 200cm is 20m.

200cm is 2m. Just wondering if anyone knows the ratios between the different body shape characteristics and actual size.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: January 01, 2013, 03:20:10 pm »

They're percentages, not units. 200 means double, not +200 cm.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3532 on: January 01, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »

It appears bar weight is capped at 1200. Can anyone comfirm this? I would like to make them heavier, but changing solid density of the material does not work.

I also have a problem with interactions. I use [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:SPAWN] and [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION] to raise the bodyparts of a specific creature, the Spawn. The interaction should only target bodyparts and/or corpses of creature:spawn. But it does target all bodyparts that are fit for reanimation. Is the it_affected_creature broken when it comes to corpses?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: January 01, 2013, 04:02:02 pm »

B) Seeing as body size is taken in cm3, I would guess that anything else relating to the body size would also use cm, and 200cm is 20m.

200cm is 2m. Just wondering if anyone knows the ratios between the different body shape characteristics and actual size.

Oops, I was getting those mixed up with the speed things that add speed or some such thing... Sorry for that. Also,

I also have a problem with interactions. I use [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:SPAWN] and [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION] to raise the bodyparts of a specific creature, the Spawn. The interaction should only target bodyparts and/or corpses of creature:spawn. But it does target all bodyparts that are fit for reanimation. Is the it_affected_creature broken when it comes to corpses?

I am ~97.21% that your [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:SPAWN] requires a caste to be designated (based on every other instances for referencing creatures in reactions and interactions)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: January 01, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »

I dunno, I had a recent success with simply [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:HUMAN]

If what you've got isn't working, giving the spawn [CREATURE_CLASS:SPAWN] and using [IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:SPAWN] should work.

Geoman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:43 am »

Is there any way to make building depend on energy? Just like millstone or gear assembly for example.
And how create a new building-generator (building, that creates an energy like water wheel)?
What tokens i should add to building description?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Geoman strikes the forum reader in the eyes with his craptacular english and the injured part explodes into gore!
An artery has been opened by the attack!

The forum reader has bled to death.
Geoman: Death... This is truly horrifying.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3536 on: January 02, 2013, 11:23:11 am »

See the dfhack thread and readme. You want to look for the steam engine. It produces power. I dont think a power-needing workshop has been done yet.

Geoman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: January 02, 2013, 01:38:35 pm »

How create submenu in workshop menu (as in Metalsmith's Forge for kind of production - armor/weapon/furniture and for material - steel/iron and so on)?
Geoman strikes the forum reader in the eyes with his craptacular english and the injured part explodes into gore!
An artery has been opened by the attack!

The forum reader has bled to death.
Geoman: Death... This is truly horrifying.

hieronumos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: January 02, 2013, 01:48:39 pm »

How can I set immigrants skill levels to 0 so that they would look the second guy from the left in the top row in this image. I believe you used to be able to do so with RuneSmith by hand after they arrive, but it doesn't support the latest version of DF anymore. So what would be a good way to edit skills without RuneSmith?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They would then look like this afterwards hopefully:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3539 on: January 02, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »

@geoman: You cant do this with modding. Thats hardcoded.

@hieronumos:You cant do this with modding. But I saw you posted in the dfhack thread as well, thats the better place for such things...

Quick question, couldnt find anything on the wiki...
I can change CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE and CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE... What about personality traits? These ones: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Personality_trait

Can I change them by syndrome and/or interaction ? I know I can manually change it in the creature raw, but that would count for all creatures of the type, not for individuals. I could use castes, and transform someone into that caste. That is the only thing I found. Think of the Tranquil in DragonAge. Transform dwarf into tranquil dwarf, gets slow-learner, but a ton of patience/orderliness/cooperation and low anger/thrillseeking...
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 544