Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042512 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2625 on: September 13, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »

I think he was asking specifically about digger+chopper tools, which are impossible.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: September 13, 2012, 10:54:06 pm »

So what about the breeding problem in my creature raws, any heads?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: September 13, 2012, 11:28:34 pm »

Define "as intended".

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: September 14, 2012, 05:32:23 am »

Huh, guess I'd have to wait a few more in-game years. Say, can migrant waves be modified?

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: September 14, 2012, 12:32:08 pm »

Not that I'm aware of.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2630 on: September 14, 2012, 12:38:26 pm »

Could I give a creature meat/muscle that carries a syndrome that needs to be ingested ? I know I can make potions by adding this to plants/alcohol, but would it work on the butchery products of the animal as well?

For example making rat-meat cause nausea, or give scorpion/spider meat a low chance to affect dwarves with the poison they carry, or have diseased animals, like rabies in dogs, or mad-cow disease (read the "mad cow" thread title, and this is what I initially thought of) ... so, if this is possible, how would I do it ?

EDIT: Oh, and migrant waves cant by modded, except in the init, with population cap. First 2 waves are hardcoded though.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ZawB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: September 14, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »

Hi sorry, nearly-complete modding noob here... I've searched around and the answer may be obvious, or maybe it's impossible.

Can I mod the raws to make Dwarven names appear in English by standard? Or even better, only their last names. So instead of Urist Gobblygook, I get Urist Awesomename. I use nicknames for organization, so I'd like to use their real names to remember who they are from one second to the next. Obviously I could just bite the bullet and learn dwarvish by heart, but in lieu of that is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: September 14, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »

Just cut out all the dwarven language raws and replace them with the ones in the language_words file.

ZawB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: September 14, 2012, 03:00:32 pm »

Just cut out all the dwarven language raws and replace them with the ones in the language_words file.

Wouldn't that put all dwarven words into English?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: September 14, 2012, 03:03:08 pm »

Damn, I forgot. Well, no. There is no way of having English last names. That I know of.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: September 14, 2012, 03:14:04 pm »

Could I give a creature meat/muscle that carries a syndrome that needs to be ingested ? I know I can make potions by adding this to plants/alcohol, but would it work on the butchery products of the animal as well?possible, how would I do it ?
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:MUSCLE]
     [SYNDROME]
          [SYN_INGESTED]
           etc.
Should work. You can also use additional [PLUS_MATERIAL:XXXX] to modify multiple materials at once. The complete list of all the various material names is found in body_detail_plan_default.txt under the respective body plan that your creature uses.

Wouldn't that put all dwarven words into English?
Those are your options really. You can either have names be all dwarven (so Urist Alak-mabdug) or you can have them all in english (Dagger Ace-ale). There currently is no way to set it up so first names are in dwarven and last names are in english on all screens.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: September 14, 2012, 05:46:28 pm »

I'm trying to make my first mod (A practice really) so I settled with a custom "cheat" workshop, to see if I can get reactions to work and (in a pinch) help out my first few fortresses.
I managed to create the custom workshop, it shows in the "Buildings, workshop" page including key to press. I can place it down but for some reason none of the reactions show up in it's task bar?
Here are the two files that I made:
The actual building file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The reaction file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also added: "[PERMITTED_BUILDING:CHEAT_WORKSHOP]" to the entity_default along with a load of "[PERMITTED_REACTION:FREE_(insert whatever here)]" Example: "[PERMITTED_REACTION:FREE_WILD_STRAWBERRIES]"
Anyone help me with what I've done wrong?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: September 14, 2012, 07:57:45 pm »

You have [OBJECT_REACTION] at the top of your reaction file instead of [OBJECT:REACTION]. Stupid mistake to make but we all do it at some point or other, and it will stop the game from recognizing all of the reactions in that file.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: September 15, 2012, 02:45:14 am »

I had a random curiosity: my goal is to make an entity make their clothing primarily out of a selection of custom leather materials (representing cured, layered, scaled, etc). I also do not want them to be making these items out of any regular old cow hide. Would removing [USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] and giving them cheat reactions to just stockpile these materials work, or would they just not use -anything- leather then?

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: September 15, 2012, 03:10:12 am »

To i2amroy
Ah thank you!
I'm surprised that that's the only thing that went wrong :P
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 544