Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042355 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2520 on: August 29, 2012, 04:59:33 pm »

Does the [ARMORLEVEL] control the level of protection in some manner, or is it simply for categorization purpose like Is Clothing, or a dorf deciding if something is a Partial Match for it's uniform?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: August 29, 2012, 07:59:51 pm »

Does the [ARMORLEVEL] control the level of protection in some manner, or is it simply for categorization purpose like Is Clothing, or a dorf deciding if something is a Partial Match for it's uniform?
It's for categorization purposes only.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2522 on: August 30, 2012, 09:30:49 am »

1. Multiple Transformations: How do they work?

2. Megabeasts with aquatic / underground / good / evil / savage tags, do they respect them?

3. Friendly animated corpses that do not frighten civilians. Or just friendly animated corpses... possible, and if yes, what is the interaction for it?

4. Stupid question: How to change the name/color/state (liquid/gas) of creature blood, but still allow them to bleed to death? (I replaced some things a while ago, with oil/hydraulic fluid, but the constructs wont bleed to death anymore)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: August 30, 2012, 11:25:50 am »

1. Multiple Transformations: How do they work?

2. Megabeasts with aquatic / underground / good / evil / savage tags, do they respect them?

3. Friendly animated corpses that do not frighten civilians. Or just friendly animated corpses... possible, and if yes, what is the interaction for it?

4. Stupid question: How to change the name/color/state (liquid/gas) of creature blood, but still allow them to bleed to death? (I replaced some things a while ago, with oil/hydraulic fluid, but the constructs wont bleed to death anymore)
1) I believe you can just throw a second syndrome that causes the second transformation (or maybe potentially a second transformation within the same syndrome but that stats at a later TIME:X, but I haven't done any actual testing on it myself to know if that actually works or if it's all just rumors.

2)I don't believe so.

3)The thing that makes undead hostile is the adding of the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE token (or CRAZED) in the event of husks/thralls. If you just copy the basic raise interaction and then make it not add that token, your undead will function identical to how they did in life. Whether or not this will cause dwarves to be unafraid of friendly creatures or if fear of the undead is hardcoded I don't know.

4)I believe you just define your material and then have [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:"material name":"blood state (liquid, solid, etc.)"].
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: August 30, 2012, 10:17:30 pm »

How much time do dwarves usually spend before getting tired?

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #2525 on: August 30, 2012, 11:12:13 pm »

Why doesn't my building appear in the workshop build menu?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The most obvious thing is covered. I genned a new world
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 30, 2012, 11:13:26 pm »

Did you enable the building in the dwarven entity? ([PERMITTED_BUILDING:SLING_MAKER]?)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #2527 on: August 30, 2012, 11:16:29 pm »

*head smack* That's probbably it.

I was vaugely aware of the purpose of that file but hadn't cracked it open yet. This if my first attempt to add stuff. :D

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 30, 2012, 11:26:23 pm »

*head smack* That's probbably it.

I was vaugely aware of the purpose of that file but hadn't cracked it open yet. This if my first attempt to add stuff. :D
At least you got the file headers right, I can't even start to count the number of times people have forgotten to put the "building_xxxx" or [OBJECT:BUILDING] lines at the top. :P

And welcome to the world of DF modding, as with everything DF, if you ever have a question feel free to post and somebody is usually around to answer your question.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #2529 on: August 31, 2012, 10:55:55 am »

Thanks that worked.

Is it possible to organize custom reactions into submenus, the way things are in the metalsmith's forge for example? I can't find anything about that on the wiki, just how to set the workshop and a single shortcut key.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 31, 2012, 10:59:02 am »

Is it possible to organize custom reactions into submenus, the way things are in the metalsmith's forge for example? I can't find anything about that on the wiki, just how to set the workshop and a single shortcut key.
I don't believe so, no.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 01, 2012, 04:05:54 am »

Does the interaction system work mainly the same as it's predcessor in 31.25? Mainly, can a creature select from two interactions for an attack?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 01, 2012, 04:37:35 am »

It can, and you can also give it a hint when to use the interaction (otherwise they won't use it).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: September 01, 2012, 04:49:13 am »

Damn. That explains why my megabeast won't fight back with it's interaction. Thanks.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: September 01, 2012, 04:54:19 am »

Just add [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK] if you want it to attack with it, or [CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING] if you want some effect like speeding up or casting smoke/invisibility when they run away. A creature with NOFEAR won't flee though.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 544