Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042859 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2145 on: July 13, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »

@9487
Drop that same syndrome under the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTUAL:......]

@Telgin
Nest Boxes, but you must forbid the eggs and only married females will lay fertilized eggs

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 13, 2012, 02:21:54 pm »

I'm pleasantly surprised that it works.  :)  If you don't forbid the eggs will they haul them off to the food stockpile?  Also, I assume the mother will actually stay on the eggs until they hatch?  Will getting thirsty or the like cause them to go wander off to get a drink and kill the eggs?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 13, 2012, 02:37:58 pm »

remember this is a controlled civ, if hungry/thirsty someone will bring food/drink

but I think as long as the eggs stay in the box they will hatch still (someone correct me, don't work with eggs too much)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 13, 2012, 02:54:45 pm »

Notwithstanding the tendency for thirsty / hungry dwarves / critters to go unnoticed by their friends, but it's reassuring to know that it will work in some form or another.  Time to actually go off to mod in the new species and try them out.  Thanks.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 13, 2012, 06:32:34 pm »

I have another question: If a creature somehow acquires the SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS for a syndrome while they have it, will it negate the syndrome's effects?

Also: I'm having trouble getting CE_PAIN to work. It's not throwing errors or anything, but it isn't causing the "pain" thing to show up on the wounding screen for the creature. The severity is at 200, is that low for CE_PAIN or something?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:36:04 pm by LordRandomness »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: July 13, 2012, 07:59:27 pm »

It's low for an INTERACTION since interactions give the syndrome like the smallest creature would.

A 70000 sized creature injecting a venom to another 70000 creature will have a greater effect with a CE_PAIN:SEV:200 then an INTERACTION imagin

size 1 creature biting a 70000 sized one. That venom is gonna have a hard time effecting just a greater sized beast.

CE_PAIN:SEV:9000 should help (play with other numbers, as I know CE_PARALYSIS needs a sev level of 9000 to fully paralyize a creature with an INTERACTION)

as for your other question I have no idea.

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: July 13, 2012, 08:34:11 pm »

Awesome, thanks. Turns out a million is the ballpark value for getting a pain effect against size:26490, guess it's different to CE_PARALYSIS.

EDIT: Well, a million KOed something due to pain but it managed to struggle to its feet for a bit afterwards while still under the syndrome's effect.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, it's variable based on attributes and such...point is, a million is a good starting point for tweaking, I've found.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:45:02 pm by LordRandomness »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: July 13, 2012, 09:11:36 pm »

if you use too high of numbers you might cause a stack overflow inwhich it exceeds the max and rolls over into negatives which get reset to defaults

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: July 14, 2012, 01:18:33 am »

Well, I'm guessing up to 200000000 (size of a sperm whale) is safe, unless Toady is using different sizes for his ints, and even then given that syndrome severity is directly linked to size it seems unlikely that he'd skimp on size for syndrome severity.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: July 14, 2012, 01:19:55 am »

Well, I'm guessing up to 200000000 (size of a sperm whale) is safe, unless Toady is using different sizes for his ints, and even then given that syndrome severity is directly linked to size it seems unlikely that he'd skimp on size for syndrome severity.
What about giant sperm whale?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: July 14, 2012, 09:22:08 am »

Oh, I guess that's the size of a giant one then. It's the wiki's quoted largest size ever :p

Unrelated: I'm attempting to put a PSYCHIC_JEWEL body part on something's head, code follows:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:PSYCHIC_JEWEL]

[BP:HEAD_JEWEL:jewel:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SMALL][SKELETON][LIMB][CATEGORY:JEWEL][GRASP]

[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:10]

Shamelessly borrowing the pony mod's idea of making it a grasper to represent telekinesis, but anyway. It's nearly identical to the horn in that mod, but every time I try to look at a creature with it in arena mode (with ENTER), Dwarf Fortress crashes with THIS nonsense in the terminal:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm running an old version of Ubuntu, but I'm pretty sure the problem lies with how I've done the part itself (not having problems with the ponies, OR an identical version of this caste without the jewel attached). It's attached like this:

[BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:3TOES_FQ_REG:3TOES_RQ_REG:GRASP_MOUTH:PSYCHIC_JEWEL:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
Pretty much just the basic quadruped body with the grasping mouth (which is posing no problems whatsoever) and the jewel. So anyone have any idea what's causing the memory corruption?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 14, 2012, 11:37:58 am »

Oh, I guess that's the size of a giant one then. It's the wiki's quoted largest size ever :p

Unrelated: I'm attempting to put a PSYCHIC_JEWEL body part on something's head, code follows:

[BODY:PSYCHIC_JEWEL]

[BP:HEAD_JEWEL:jewel:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SMALL][SKELETON][LIMB][CATEGORY:JEWEL][GRASP]

[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:10]

Shamelessly borrowing the pony mod's idea of making it a grasper to represent telekinesis, but anyway. It's nearly identical to the horn in that mod, but every time I try to look at a creature with it in arena mode (with ENTER), Dwarf Fortress crashes with THIS nonsense in the terminal:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm running an old version of Ubuntu, but I'm pretty sure the problem lies with how I've done the part itself (not having problems with the ponies, OR an identical version of this caste without the jewel attached). It's attached like this:

[BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:3TOES_FQ_REG:3TOES_RQ_REG:GRASP_MOUTH:PSYCHIC_JEWEL:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
Pretty much just the basic quadruped body with the grasping mouth (which is posing no problems whatsoever) and the jewel. So anyone have any idea what's causing the memory corruption?
Ponies corrupt all, only a few like me can see their true evil and thus don't fall into the trap.
But I'm a Windows user and a Memory Corruption seems a bit much for a simple BP addition.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: July 14, 2012, 11:59:51 am »

I like ponies. They taste good in +roast+
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: July 14, 2012, 01:16:17 pm »

I was wondering if someone has any idea how to make a plant how an indigestible syndrome that causes permanent blindness? I think eyes are overrated, especially for marksdwarves.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: July 14, 2012, 01:30:22 pm »

I was wondering if someone has any idea how to make a plant how an indigestible syndrome that causes permanent blindness? I think eyes are overrated, especially for marksdwarves.
impaire teh function of eyes?
and would that not stop your archers from acually shooting anything? be good for laborers since they will never go "Oh Noes a bunny!" unless they stepped on it.

and it's simple as adding the injested syndrome on the STRUCTUAL call in the plant

Edit:
I like ponies. They taste good in +roast+
Not sure if to +1 for eating them. Or leave neutral for "I like ponies." lol
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 544