Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043646 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2012, 02:23:04 pm »

Just remove the END:X completely.

[SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:golem]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:GOLEM:MALE]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2012, 02:25:49 pm »

I just need the tags to specify that the milk is coming from [CREATURE:FLUFFBALL].  Within the fluffball's info, the milk is just LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK, but I don't know how to reference it outside of that for a reaction.

Try [REAGENT:milk:1:LIQUID:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:FLUFFBALL:MILK]
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2012, 02:43:43 pm »

I just need the tags to specify that the milk is coming from [CREATURE:FLUFFBALL].  Within the fluffball's info, the milk is just LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK, but I don't know how to reference it outside of that for a reaction.

Try [REAGENT:milk:1:LIQUID:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:FLUFFBALL:MILK]

I tried that, but now I'm getting these errors:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction FLASK_FLUFF_MILK
FLASK_FLUFF_MILK:Unrecognized Item Token: LIQUID
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction BREW_FLUFF_POTION
BREW_FLUFF_POTION:Unrecognized Item Token: LIQUID

the first reaction just fills a flask with the fluff milk so that I can test it in the arena.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2012, 02:44:22 pm »

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2012, 02:51:22 pm »

Yeah, I should have checked the item tags.  Was going by memory.  It's LIQUID_MISC.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2012, 02:52:06 pm »

I can make a flask and fill it with milk, but my reaction to use it won't recognize that I have the milk.

[REACTION:BREW_FLUFF_POTION]
[NAME:brew fluff potion]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:container:1:FLASK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[NOT_IMPROVED]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:milk container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:milk]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:milk:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:FLUFFBALL:MILK]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:HERB_VALLEY:PLANT]
[PRODUCT:100:3:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POTION_FLUFF:DRINK]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container]
[SKILL:BREWING]
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2012, 02:54:41 pm »

So any one going to make a Necromon mod?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2012, 02:58:39 pm »

I can make a flask and fill it with milk, but my reaction to use it won't recognize that I have the milk.

Does it work if you have the milk in a barrel instead of a flask?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2012, 03:01:23 pm »

I've been trying with a barrel, but then it just creates the milk and puts it in my hand instead of in a barrel.

What if I tried it with cheese instead?  What are the tags to use cheese in a reaction?
It'd be [REAGENT:cheese:1:<something>:<something>:CREATURE_MAT:FLUFFBALL:CHEESE].

Okay, if I just remove the milk requirement, it works perfectly.  I'm going to make it require cheese instead, because milk is far too complicated.  I still need those tags, though.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:16:57 pm by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2012, 03:21:46 pm »

Thanks. I got everything set up properly and it works as planned. I will now make my golem smith :)
They turn out to be friendly pets with all skills as they are, and loose all equipment btw.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2012, 03:27:57 pm »

Can anyone think of a way to make a creature polymorph after a certain amount of time? Something like a caterpillar that can turn into a butterfly- maybe a syndrome that takes a hella long time to kick in? Ideally the butterfly would lay eggs that turn into caterpillars, but one step at a time.

Justice bump!

I think I can do something like make an interaction that would metamorphosize the caterpillar IF it has a requisite Syndrome, and that syndrome... well, that's the rub. I could make an interaction to grant the syndrome, but then there's nothing to prevent it from being used immediately. Would it be possible to make the syndrome itself grant the "Metamorph" interaction, after a set period of time? Then the creature would have an interaction to give itself the ability to transform, and then would eventually be able to use that transformation to continue on its life cycle.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39:09 pm »

I've been trying with a barrel, but then it just creates the milk and puts it in my hand instead of in a barrel.

What if I tried it with cheese instead?  What are the tags to use cheese in a reaction?
It'd be [REAGENT:cheese:1:<something>:<something>:CREATURE_MAT:FLUFFBALL:CHEESE].

Okay, if I just remove the milk requirement, it works perfectly.  I'm going to make it require cheese instead, because milk is far too complicated.  I still need those tags, though.

Got it!
[REACTION:BREW_FLUFF_POTION]
[NAME:brew fluff potion]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:container:1:FLASK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[NOT_IMPROVED]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:HERB_VALLEY:PLANT]
[REAGENT:B:1:CHEESE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:FLUFFBALL:CHEESE]
[PRODUCT:100:3:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POTION_FLUFF:DRINK]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container]
[SKILL:BREWING]

Now I need to make more plants and potions and things!
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »

i haven't modded much yet but i'm wondering if it's possible to make a reaction that creates a corpse, say a cow corpse, in a workshop? ~haunting moo~
if so could you bring the corpse to life? i read earlier in this topic that someone had such a spell to raise the fallen
even if u made a skeleton and raised it could u then use a reaction to make it into something else? like a cow?

btw is it possible to make a caterpillar>cocoon>moth>lay eggs>caterpillar>etc through interactions?
maybe a interaction that requires an amount of kills?
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

mutant mell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2012, 04:57:04 pm »

So, what aspects of Necromancy are still hard coded?  For example, I don't see any tags or anything to allow them to break free from their civ and form a tower, so is that hard-coded behavior, or is it possible to replicate.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2012, 05:03:40 pm »

Alright, newb question time.

You can make different castes of the same creature use different tiles, right? Because I can't figure it out for the life of me- my critters have different Castes, Caste Names, and Regular Names, and different tiles/colors, but it will only use the last one entered for all of them, and I haven't the foggiest idea why. I have confirmed their abilities/body parts are unique like they're supposed to be, the descriptions are right, and selecting them from the Arena menu they have the right name (although it is tucked next to the others for whatever reason.) It is only when they hit the Arena that they all have the same name and tile as the last caste in the creature definition.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 544