Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043726 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1590 on: May 18, 2012, 10:49:06 pm »

So I tested the reaction for making meat out of plants and water. It shows up but it wont let me select the water.
I have yet to test the ranged weapon, but im getting to it soon
Odd... Here have an old example from Regeneration to pick at
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
It worked flawlessly for me
EDIT2:
My god.. looking at that it would make 450 portions of Acid D: I must have forgot I added PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150
EDIT3:
Regeneration looks like it might crawl its way from the grave yet.

If Regeneration makes a resurrection, i will definitely want to get it. On a totally unrelated note, how would i make a reaction to make a casket in adventure mode?

EDIT: So here is the raw for the water and plant into meat code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have the terrible feeling that im doing something wrong...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:10:06 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1591 on: May 18, 2012, 10:54:45 pm »

I might just name it that Regneration: Resurrection :P doesn't feel right rolling off the tonge, but reading it looks cool lol

anyways Item ID "COFFIN" that is how you make coffins/caskets download Project Clockwerks (I embedded a small wiki source html manual within it, very one I"m using now. I update it when I have to use a certain wiki page over and over)

[REACTION:MAKE_MEAT_FROM_P_W]
   [NAME:make false meat]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:A:3:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER]
   [REAGENT:B:1:FLASK:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:A][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [REAGENT:C:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:PLANT] <--------------------------this. Just say PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE
   [PRODUCT:100:1:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:MUSCLE]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:20:43 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 18, 2012, 11:40:07 pm »

I might just name it that Regneration: Resurrection :P doesn't feel right rolling off the tonge, but reading it looks cool lol

anyways Item ID "COFFIN" that is how you make coffins/caskets download Project Clockwerks (I embedded a small wiki source html manual within it, very one I"m using now. I update it when I have to use a certain wiki page over and over)
-snip-

Ok, so downloaded Project Clockwerks and checked out the small wiki source.. and i think i understand syndromes now lol. anyways, i tested the coffin and the false meat reactions and still not letting me use the water from my water skin and the coffin works. now i wonder if i can make it so that a corpse in a coffin cant be a target for necromancy
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 18, 2012, 11:49:42 pm »

add a NONE after WATER:

so
[REAGENT:A:450:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE]
liquid/powder_misc go my 150's unless you use a PRODUCT_DIMISION then it just acts as a multipier for whatever # you place for requirement/product

And an interaction to stop the dead from raising I think you target a corpse and add the NOT_LIVING tag.

EDIT: check your error logs too. I always do.
Run a quick arena mode just to see if everything loaded ok (and it loads all the raws and checks them)

EDIT2:
btw how you like my very crudy layout for the wiki source lol
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:51:54 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 19, 2012, 12:00:16 am »

:P I wondered why my Amazons wouldn't appear during world gen. I really should check the error log a lot more.
The Wiki source looks good and is easy to read, at least for me, so I think you did a good job on it.

EDIT: Somehow it brings a smile to my face when I generate a new world and see a kobold hamlet :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:05:03 am by Sanure »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 19, 2012, 12:09:11 am »

It's still a WIP every page but the Creature tokens are orphens (no way to get back) and someday I might finally snap and just copy the whole wiki lol

Yup errorlog is your best friend, basically every new thing I add or change has an error. It's nice to know what I screwed up :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 19, 2012, 01:11:23 am »

Ok, so after a couple of test worlds: Coffins are nice, my railgun tends to cut limbs and body parts off nicely but no propulsion, and the make false meat reaction only works if i remove the water reagent. still haven't figured out the last one yet...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 19, 2012, 02:08:25 am »

Wouldn't doing a CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN:TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW do the trick? or does Obsidian lack a melting temp?

Seems to work. Although magma doesn't condense in tiles and is yellow. Thanks anyway !

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 19, 2012, 05:46:35 am »

So while I was messing around with ammo and such, I began to wonder whether I could have an ammo with a syndrome attached to it, and allow it to be made out of any material. Is this possible?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 19, 2012, 10:23:32 am »

So while I was messing around with ammo and such, I began to wonder whether I could have an ammo with a syndrome attached to it, and allow it to be made out of any material. Is this possible?
Not without some fancyness and micromanagement ingame as far as I know.  You would have to make the ammo out of a materiel with the syndrome, so making the syndrome on the ammo is out.   And even then the materiel would probably have to be stable at cave temperature, but melt or boil in outside temperature, so it can become a contaminant.  And then it can only be fired from underground to a dug out open sky pit to get the necessary temperature change.

I would be pleasantly suprised if somebody would prove me wrong though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also coming up with a bit of a problem.  I have been attempting to make some of the more useless animal byproducts have a use.  A lot of things like cartilage can currently be made into "mystery meat" which is meat from a fake critter that's meat has a small chance for a nausea and stomach pain ingested syndrome.  Good fun.

But my attempts to use feathers or scales have been coming up with a problem.  They create the item as desired but they will be perfectly happy to take the output of the previous reaction as a reagent for the next time they do it.

Code: (Reaction) [Select]
[REACTION:FEATHER_BED]
[NAME:Make a bed with cloth and feathers]
[BUILDING:CRUDE_SHOP:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:10000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FEATHER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE]
[SKILL:CLOTHESMAKING]
*Reaction class feather was added to feathers in the vanilla raws*
That reaction for example will make a perfectly functional feather bed.  But the clothesmaker will then take that bed as the feather reagent if he tries to make another.  Same with a reaction to take scale and leather to make scale leather armor.  They will take the armor as the scale reagent.

Any way around that?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 19, 2012, 10:46:24 am »

[REACTION:FEATHER_BED]
   [NAME:Make a bed with cloth and feathers]
   [BUILDING:CRUDE_SHOP:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:10000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FEATHER]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE]
   [SKILL:CLOTHESMAKING]

With reaction_classes it is like making your own [ANY_(class)_MATERIAL]

and since your old reagent was:    [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FEATHER]
it would simply grab anything that is the FEATHER class, so now you have to limit Item Types
like CORPSEPIECE which would be any butchered/forcefully removed Body part.

Or add [USE_BODY_COMPONENT] right after your REACTION_CLASS

@Syndrome ammo
search DOOMIUM it's a metal that was made for 40d, it melts at a creatures HOMOTHERM meaning stuckins it will melt and coat/or boil and sometimes get breathed in appling the desired SYN_CONTACT or SYN_INHALED syndromes repectivly.

Sometimes ammo might melt when being hauled but when it gets placed in a quiver it should be ok. Also very hot places might melt ammo too.

EDIT:
added more to the reaction
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:48:12 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 19, 2012, 10:52:47 am »

Ah, I did not know of the corpsepiece bit. And didn't think of use body component. Thanks Hugo! Also the ammo sounds interesting too, wasn't aware creatures transferred their body temperature to items.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 19, 2012, 12:34:10 pm »

Make the itemtype CORPSEPIECE

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 19, 2012, 05:54:35 pm »

Hello all. I have been away for several months and have been looking through all the changes. I didn't see anything official so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has thought of a work around.

1. Is the boiling stone trick still the best way to get an interaction to occur from a reaction?

2. Is it still not possible to preserve item quality in a reaction? (i.e. you can make the new item out of the same material as the old, can you make the new item the same quality as the old?)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 19, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »

Boiling stones
other interactions
consumable syndromes

Still not possilbe however you can use the reagents material for the new product
The product gets remade, so new quilty
unless you do a IMPROVEMENT instead of PRODUCT
but thats different
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 544