Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043944 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1365 on: April 20, 2012, 03:45:19 pm »

You do not define the OBJECT which becomes the itemcorpse, only material.

To get a log, you need:
[ITEMCORPSE:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:HIGHWOOD:WOOD]
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 20, 2012, 03:46:08 pm »

Thanks!

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 20, 2012, 10:44:53 pm »

I don't believe I can resolve this with interactions, as they also appear to have a fixed chance to operate, and currently the only way I can think of to obfuscate this information from the player is to insert dummy venoms so enough injection reports will appear that the player can not be be certain (unless they get a minimum or maximum number of reports).

Why use venom at all? Put this under their bite attack definition (replacing ZOMBIE_PLAGUE with whatever infection interaction that you created, of course).

Code: [Select]
[SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_PLAGUE]
If you don't want a 100% infection rate, you could put the priority for the infectious bite low and maybe have a normal non-infectious bite that looks the same, so you wouldn't be able to tell from the combat reports if your dwarf (or hiver) caught the plague until symptoms started to develop.

Of course, multiple attacks, such a simple solution!  Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm actually not using interactions at all, just the new CE syndrome tokens in an injected creature extract syndrome.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 21, 2012, 01:01:17 am »

Alright. I started continuing making my dragon-people called Dragos (Not inspired by Greiger in any way. I thought about making them before I found out about the forums.). I'm currently developing the chromatic dragos and metallic dragos. Chromatic dragos will be meaner and metallic dragos will be nicer. Problem is, I know next to nothing about personality modifiers.

I'd also like to know how to toughen their scales up a bit. They bruise pretty easily. I want specifically them to have stronger scales, not anything else.
So, can anyone help?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 21, 2012, 02:52:21 am »

Change the material that their scales are made from.  You will want to look into the material_template_default and tissue_template_default files.

In tissues you will find the scale tissue, which has a variety of properties including what material it is made from, which you can modify in the material templates file.  You probably want to make a new one for your creatures unless you want all creatures with scales to be buffed.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 21, 2012, 03:00:31 am »

Look at any big mod, most large creatures have thicker leather and tougher body materials.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 21, 2012, 03:48:50 am »

Thanks. I also figured out the personalities. Chromatic dragos are quicker to anger and less cheerful, while metallic dragos are slower to anger and more cheerful. They're also friendlier.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 21, 2012, 05:15:25 pm »

Is there any way that I can replace necromancers? I removed their example interaction, but they still show up, and when I rename secret_death the game spawns an error saying that secret_death was not found and crashes.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »

Just set "number of secret types" to 0 in the advanced worldgen. The example interactions don't actually do anything, it's all hardcoded.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 22, 2012, 01:48:01 pm »

Any ideas what's wrong with this reaction?

[REACTION:PONY_PAINT_WOOD_BLACK_BASIC]
   [NAME:forge long sword]
   [BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_SHIFT_L]
   [REAGENT:metal:1:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
   [FUEL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:metal]
   [SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

For reference I'm trying to retroactively add in the ability to forge swords in the pony mod because I forgot to fix that before genning the world and embarking 10 game years ago.  I'm replacing one of the reactions I don't care about with this one.

While fooling around with this I once got a worker to go to the smelter, and take a bar of charcoal and a bar of iron to the smelter, do something and then nothing happened.  As far as I can tell nothing was produced.  I thought I had something broken in the material token for the reagent, so I changed it to INORGANIC:STEEL (can't remember what it was before), and now nobody will even try the reaction.  It just stays in the work queue forever on the smelter and never gets executed.

What gives?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 22, 2012, 01:52:01 pm »

Replace your reagent line with this.
[REAGENT:metal:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 22, 2012, 02:00:54 pm »

That sort of helped.  The guy actually went to the smelter, hauled a steel bar and bar of charcoal to it and performed the reaction.  Still nothing was produced though.  Any other ideas?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 22, 2012, 02:07:48 pm »

That sort of helped.  The guy actually went to the smelter, hauled a steel bar and bar of charcoal to it and performed the reaction.  Still nothing was produced though.  Any other ideas?

[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:metal:NONE]

Try that.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 22, 2012, 02:26:58 pm »

Ah, that did it, thanks you two.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 24, 2012, 10:52:39 am »

Okay, I need help. Again. I'm making an xenomorph-tyranid-zerg-like creature called the Pragheel. They'll have tendrils for grasping instead of hands, due to their bulky claws. But here's the problem. The errorlog spits out that the tendrils have no tissue thickness. I don't know why. Here are the creature raws,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the tendril raws. Don't mind the lack of a [BODY:X], it's already part of one.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 544