Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 34.01 Small Changes  (Read 11518 times)

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
Re: 34.01 Small Changes
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 11:51:06 am »

Either humans are awesomer, or those dwarves are pozrs and prepz. And you know what I think about pozrs and prepz.

Judging from your user icon, you love them lots? :P

Are there new Ages? I've been genning a couple worlds and saw some I've never seen before; but to be fair I always went short histories before this version.
I've got one genning now that's in the Age of Heroes.

Age of Heroes is one of the common ones, that has been in the game forevaaaaah!
It indicates that heroes (or any old NPC or PC) have killed off most of the megabeasts.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:02:31 pm by Naros »

Necro

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trunk with her iron battlaxe, bruising the fat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 11:56:18 am »

A fiendish fog drifted by my fortress (I think) and my dwarves were slaughtered to a man by a giant mantis fiendish fog fiend.
Fun!  :)

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:33 am »

This release really is fast(er?) ... I'm at 110 dwarves now, a shitton of "item inaccessible" spam. Yet I still get ~200 FPS. :o

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 12:20:32 pm »

I'm not sure if this was in the game before, but a deer-demon and a goblin had a duel to see who would become the law-giver of The Great Evil. The deer-demon won, but the goblin managed to escape unscathed.

FAKEDIT: In the late summer of 8, the Duel of the elf Tise Combinedbeaches and the dwarf Aban Flasheddrag occured during the battle of "The Clash of Soldiers". Tise Combinedbeaches was repelled while Aban Flasheddrag stood fast (The dwarfs still lost the battle though).

REALEDIT: Thoughts about races after browsing legends:

Dwarfs are badass killing machines in this new version. After a hundred years they can field armies of at least 600, and they rarely take any loses against goblins and humans.

Elves basically have one shot at winning any war. If they can win the first battle/siege, then peace is made soon after that. If they lose the first battle, well, then they'll just have to suffer a bunch of armies marching through their lands pillaging everything.

No clue about the goblin's prowess, since they field at best 12 goblins and three trolls at a time.

Humans suck, period. 600+ humans vs. 3 goblins and 2 trolls. The humans kill 4 of the defenders. The goblins kill 448 humans in return, winning the battle. The only time that I've seen the humans win a war was when they were fighting other humans or when they were attacking civilizations that the dwarfs had already weakened.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:26:52 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

gordogomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 12:58:00 pm »

It seems to me that bows are slower to shot. Also, while sleeping inside a house in a hamlet, the water inside my water skin turned into ice and teleported to my backpack. I unfroze it with a fire camp (inside the house lol) and after dropping and picking it up again it would't go back to the water skin. It's stored in the backpack instead..bug maybe?

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 01:00:14 pm »

Just genning a world: "The Fourth Age of Myth" seems new to me?

Not new, it's just that before it was unbelievably unlikely. Now, with new ware-beasts arising, it's more likely to jump back and forth.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:05 pm »

Seems rather pointless. Are the seeds in hex, or base 36? Just a number, regardless.

Maybe typing in "magmaaaaa" as a seed would be amusing, though.

It's easier to remember words than arbitrary strings of numbers.

Although since these days there's an entire file's worth of parameters to copy/paste I guess there really isn't much of a point. Would have been nice back in 2007.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 01:28:03 pm »

I just noticed that the Economy is on by default again in the init. Quick, somebody get that far in the game!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 01:35:19 pm »

There are tongues now.
There are a lot of new words, mostly regarding color.
The untoward words have been removed.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 01:44:42 pm »

From what I've seen in adventure mode, right now the absolute majority of soldiers in an average human civ army is made up from elves and dwarves. It would be interesting to see a human siege in Fortress mode.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:47:50 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 01:50:27 pm »

I just noticed that the Economy is on by default again in the init. Quick, somebody get that far in the game!

Really?  Geez I don't even remember what the economy does anymore.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 01:50:59 pm »

Teeth are abstracted a bit now, so instead off having a bunch of tentacle teeth humanoid creatures have groups of teeth that explode into several individual teeth when they are severed.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 09:21:05 pm »

ZOMG - i just found a new* source of Fun:

1) Go into Legends mode
2) Open up Underground Regions
3) Go to the last region.  Note the slightly different name
4) Find one of the inhabitants who has 'escaped' and a legendary name
5) Search for the inhabitant in the Historical Figures section
6) Scroll down to the number of kills
7) Be very afraid......
...or be mildly amused.

I had four creatures escape from "Unnamed Underworld area" in my world.  One was imprisoned by humans, one got killed by a goblin, and the remaining two were either "hacked to pieces" or "fed to beasts" by an elf.  None had more than two kills.

"Fed to beasts", yeesh.  What a way to go.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 09:38:00 pm »

From what I've seen in adventure mode, right now the absolute majority of soldiers in an average human civ army is made up from elves and dwarves. It would be interesting to see a human siege in Fortress mode.
Being someone who was modding a 40k mod and was disappointed to see Spess Mehrines knocking elbows with traitor guardsmen, this has been happening for a while. The difference is that they now exist outside of Legends .xml export.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:12 pm »

"Fed to beasts", yeesh.  What a way to go.

There's always been cruel and unusual execution methods listed in Legends, usually they occur during the 'Destruction of X' by some goblin civilisation, usually it's 'impaled on a wooden spear' or 'hanged from a tree' but I've seen 'crucifixion' before, among others.

Presumably vampires that are elected law-givers and other positions of power in this release simply rule through fear :P I've had a quest given by a farmer to travel to the capital and kill the vampire law-giver that ruled from the keep. Obviously nobody was brave enough to attempt to overthrow him until then.

Edit: Just found something to corroborate that, a vampire in my current worldgen became lawgiver of her home civilisation, she then 'aroused general suspicion' after appearing not to age, in that same season she 'laid a series of oppressive edicts upon' her home civ. (Followed by the creation of five 'lord' positions, presumably for fortresses?)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:48:59 pm by Ringmaster »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4