Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: First thoughts.  (Read 88770 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: First thoughts.
« Reply #225 on: February 14, 2012, 06:33:24 pm »

Oh shit now I'm being attacked by undead horse hair from the horse I just butchered!

You know, I predicted just this sort of thing in the "Make up bugs in the next release' thread!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:34 pm »

Uh.
Okay, a few bugs: it's running at 50FPS at 22 dwarves when in .25 it was running at ~190FPS, and also every single kind of stone is available for cutting in the jeweler's workshop.
くコ:彡

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2012, 06:38:24 pm »

Awsome. because appearently now civs can conquer the others' shit.

Got two dwarf civs that have done so.

1 conquered at least a few forest retrets, and another toock a goblin fortress according to the embark screen.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2012, 06:46:20 pm »

I just lost my first fort to zombie ogres who eventually killed my dogs who etc, etc

In the evil biomes it seems like getting an effective disposal system in place for corpses is going to be even more important than setting up farms and a well.

I was lucky, I started with 8 zombie elephants across the river from my fortress and watched them kill everything that wasn't already dead on their side.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2012, 06:48:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This guy must have a meager creativity.

Maybe it's the Voldemort of books, and you can't say it's name? :)
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2012, 06:51:00 pm »

Uh.
Okay, a few bugs: it's running at 50FPS at 22 dwarves when in .25 it was running at ~190FPS, and also every single kind of stone is available for cutting in the jeweler's workshop.

Don't think the stone one is much of a bug. I've found it pretty nifty myself.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Fayceless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2012, 06:52:13 pm »

Giant slimes: Immobile and have only a body. No head, limbs, etc.

Don't think that means they aren't dangerous.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2012, 06:58:55 pm »

I take it back. It seems Adv mode is bugged pretty badly (for me anyway) Can't get quests cause the game crashes when I try to greet people, and appearently wildlife/night creature/bandit ambush is out too as a result.

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2012, 07:33:45 pm »

I was ambushed by wolves right as I traveled out of the starting town, but I made short work of them, as is expected of any decent adventurer. I unintentionally beheaded one of them, so I decided to take the head as a trophy and search for a bigger challenge.

I enter a tomb and find a platinum coffin in the middle of a room filled with peasant corpses.

A mummy Lye maker pops out.

Let me restate that: an undead Lye maker (I shit you not) pops out of a coffin made out a very valuable metal in a room chock-full of corpses.

I chop off its right arm while he reanimates every single dead thing in the room, including the wolf head in my backpack.The wolf head bites my sword arm, while the mummy stabs me in the right leg, robbing me of the ability to fight back or escape.

All the corpses in the room (all 20+ of them) swarm me and rip me apart in a couple of turns.

This the best Valentine's Day ever.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:35:37 pm by Alnos »

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2012, 07:38:53 pm »

It is now too fat to live.

Got to year 225 in world gen and then my processor redlined.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2012, 07:39:35 pm »

It is now too fat to live.

Got to year 225 in world gen and then my processor redlined.

And i thought the new version was supposed to have been put on a diet and excersized twice a day :|
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2012, 07:41:11 pm »

I take it back. It seems Adv mode is bugged pretty badly (for me anyway) Can't get quests cause the game crashes when I try to greet people, and appearently wildlife/night creature/bandit ambush is out too as a result.
Just gen a new world.  It should work then.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »

Just gen a new world.  It should work then.
Ah alright. thanks.
And wolverines make great fighting animals. Black bear wandered in, modded the wolverines so i could bring and train them, brought an assload since they're small. Lady luck smiled on the little buggers and they tore it to shreds. DF is now made of more win.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2012, 07:56:52 pm »

I'm following an idea of mine, a long shot but it just might work...  In the process, I told a miner to channel straight down.  He breached the first cavern, fell, shattered his legs totally, and went missing a week later.  Of course he died.

Shortly after, I've got my metalcrafter making crafts on repeat.  He produces a figurine.  The figuring is an image of greaves and the miner.  The miner is surrounded by the greaves.

...the miner died from leg-related injuries.

There are no words.

thebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »

Watch out for were creatures! I had a werelizard rampage through my fort during the second spring. He mauled a few of my dwarves, then turned into a human. Turning into a human seemed to negate my kill order to the militia, which allowed him to saunter off the map as a friendly. Then the dwarves he mauled turned into werelizards in my hospital and killed my doctor, then they all bled out. Pretty devastating to an early fort, especially considering my migrants are more than 50 percent children. The danger level in non-evil biomes has definitely been ramped up.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22