Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released  (Read 107242 times)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2012, 07:14:04 am »

How to check my hunger/thirst status?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2012, 07:22:55 am »

How to check my hunger/thirst status?

It will appear when you are hungry/thirsty.

Come to think of it, someone must make a "DF2012 Little Questions Thread" in the appropriate sub-forum so as not to clutter this important one.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2012, 07:40:31 am »

Any plans for Nursery zone? 'Cause it seems that catsplosion been replaced with babysplosion - I've seen 14 births in a month on a beginning of the third year with 70+ adults.
I took a peek in Legends mode on the first world I genned, and I suspect that dwarves have more children than before -maybe to prevent as many dwarf extinctions. One randomly viewed dwarfette had 8 children.
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2012, 08:15:36 am »

Most likely, without dwarf therapist, you've just got too many idle dwarves, hence more romance. Or you're getting more married couples migrating.

Pretty much every immigrant I have seen so far has been married, except the children.  Having half your immigrants arrive on the map pregnant is going to lead to a population surge.

Oh, one totally unrelated thing, except that it involved immigrants: I noticed that one of my dwarves was wearing some voracious cave crawler bone earrings.  I didn't recall making those....  It turns out, he was an immigrant, and he had a couple cave crawlers listed on his "kills" page.  So my conclusion is that he had killed them, and then had their bones turned into jewelry, which he was wearing.  Pretty cool.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:17:46 am by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

dunenkoff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2012, 08:40:57 am »

Pretty much every immigrant I have seen so far has been married, except the children.  Having half your immigrants arrive on the map pregnant is going to lead to a population surge.

Oh, one totally unrelated thing, except that it involved immigrants: I noticed that one of my dwarves was wearing some voracious cave crawler bone earrings.  I didn't recall making those....  It turns out, he was an immigrant, and he had a couple cave crawlers listed on his "kills" page.  So my conclusion is that he had killed them, and then had their bones turned into jewelry, which he was wearing.  Pretty cool.

If a world has long history, then most migrants are historical figures with solid background. Mine wear crowns made of bones of some exotic animals they've killed themselves.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2012, 09:20:16 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've noticed adventurers falling asleep and then waking up on the roof. Did that ever happen before? Well it happens now apparently.

But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2012, 09:33:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've noticed adventurers falling asleep and then waking up on the roof. Did that ever happen before? Well it happens now apparently.

It did before, but now houses are much higher. Fast travel off... Or roll off.

drummingpariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2012, 10:00:55 am »

I just peed my pants.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
  • Buggrit, millennium hand and shrimp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:40 am »

I dont really know how to respond to this...
Almost a year of checking the /dwarves page on a daily basis, and now its finally out.
Ill just stick to "Thanks, Toady!", until my senses return to me.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2012, 10:54:58 am »

There's way, way too much bone junk for sale in this city that I'm in. I've been shopping for a simple crutch for about an hour. The lag in cities makes it take a lot longer.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:44 am »

well, i can't wait to bring clown corpses to the surface and get an army of undead clowns
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2012, 11:33:18 am »

I strongly hope the upcoming bugfixes address the bugged marksdwarves who refuse to train no matter what is done.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2012, 12:10:15 pm »

O my god, ponds now come with ramps!

No more random drownings every spring xD

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2012, 12:26:52 pm »

I had to leave worldgen running overnight when it ignored my request to stop at year 125 but it looked like a good world so I wanted to wait for it...

... the laptop overheated and did an emergency shutdown.

Not Dwarf Fortress's fault per se, but it means I still haven't played.  :'(
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2012, 12:38:47 pm »

All hail toady!
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22