Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i have genned a 4041 year old world and was wondering  (Read 991 times)

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
i have genned a 4041 year old world and was wondering
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »

i have genned a 4041 year old world and was wondering dose any one wish to play it?

i plan to upload it. ( as soon as i find out how)

it has some changes to it i removed a few types of stone that  bothers me and modded dragons to repopulate faster than cats by about 10000% and added no eat no drink to dwarfs and kobalds to get them past world gen in high numbers.

-------------

would any one like this world for there own use?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:25:40 pm by Uthric »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: i have genned a 4041 year old world and was wondering
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:34:52 pm »

Genning a long world is one of the first thing players do. You'll generally find you can hit up to the 6-10k on a decent computer.

The problem however is that letting a world gen for more than 600ish is a waste of time. You'll generally find that one race has slaughtered the rest (generally humans and Elves) and since there's really no inter-civilisation politics the world will stay static and extremely boring with the only events being attacks by Mega-Beast(if there's any left) or mundane creatures.

A world can easily be used at 0 years of History Gen (HG) for building fortress but letting the world generate to around 100-500 HG allow for humans to build a couple fortress and towns so you can adventure later, and (mostly) keep the races intact.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »

I too set it very young. It makes for more and better embark points, because civ creation/expansion at world gen will pick "ideally suited" ones for other civs as they expand.

What I think would be neat, is if toady gets bridges going properly at worldgen in the next release, would be for an "island chain" worldmap, where the civs are still connected by trade routes, but still sufficiently isolated to be safe from evil sieges.

Such a world would be safe to gen for extended periods.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:41:58 pm »

Genning a long world is one of the first thing players do. You'll generally find you can hit up to the 6-10k on a decent computer.

The problem however is that letting a world gen for more than 600ish is a waste of time. You'll generally find that one race has slaughtered the rest (generally humans and Elves) and since there's really no inter-civilisation politics the world will stay static and extremely boring with the only events being attacks by Mega-Beast(if there's any left) or mundane creatures.

A world can easily be used at 0 years of History Gen (HG) for building fortress but letting the world generate to around 100-500 HG allow for humans to build a couple fortress and towns so you can adventure later, and (mostly) keep the races intact.
I like medium regions with 125 year history, as it gives a decent chance of embarking as a dwarf civ at war with elves. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 10:01:07 pm »

well i gened this world to have a stupid amount of fully grown dragons as in.

min clutch size is 3500 eggs there fully grown at age 1. and it genned for 4000 years.

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 10:07:37 pm »

well i gened this world to have a stupid amount of fully grown dragons as in.

min clutch size is 3500 eggs there fully grown at age 1. and it genned for 4000 years.

That sounds both amazing an terrifying.
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 10:08:50 pm »

*embark*
"dragon arrived x100"

I want
I created a max megabeast young world just for it.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

LittleJP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 10:19:43 pm »

It is rather interesting to read the legends on ultra old worlds.
Reminds me of when I genned a world with 500 titans. It only got to age of heroes around 8000 years...tried to embark and for some reason, the neighbourly civs were marked as Forgotten Beasts.
In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 10:24:44 pm »

The stars were right, and the great old ones broke through. It's inevitable. These things happen.

Just rejoice in killing and being killed like fate demands, and all will be well! :)