Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Townsgame  (Read 4229 times)

NaTT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Townsgame
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 06:01:55 pm »

I love how you imply that i hate the "Towns" dev or I will do everything to stop him or wish he would stop.

No hard filings for him and i wish him luck with his project. People answering to my topic act like they didn't see the Towns game. Even the text messages are the same. I'm not, as i said before, against similar concepts. I love them. But when look at Towns and look at DF I have a deja vu filling. It's like i was playing memorable 1001 games on a cartridge. Contra had 100 versions. Yep but they were the same but with diffrent colors or lil map designs.

Even if i wanted Dungeons to be next DK which was in some way i hated it for it's similar concept which went into a dunegon zoo rather than being a master of evil. Similar concept but different result. Despite not liking dungeon zoo i would have ever said it's a rip off. I'm not even impying the Towns won't develop in smth completly diffrent. I'm just saying now it feels and looks like a total rip off.

Yes I played Towns cause i love to support indie developers and I supported many other indie titles. (wink to TB's WTF).

Don't understand your "oh man why so hate? idiot sir it's like with doom and battlefield" when I'm deeply describing what is a rip off in my opinion and what is a similar concept. I'm not disgusted that one man was inspired by DF. I'm disgusted that for now he just didn't do much to shape his own ideas just copied them from Toady and added some photoshop effects.

And I'm completly relaxed just sharing my opinion and thoughts. I'm not swearing, I'm not shouting or saying that your ideas are stupid idiotic or "you crack me up". I think you just have enough of such topics and try to shut me up for God knows what reason ; P

PS:
Should have really used search option this time ;P Just close the topic if you wish and i will join the lengthiest topic about Towns ; )
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:05:32 pm by NaTT »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 06:07:06 pm »

I love how you imply that i hate the "Towns" dev or I will do everything to stop him or wish he would stop.

No hard filings for him and i wish him luck with his project. People answering to my topic act like they didn't see the Towns game. Even the text messages are the same. I'm not, as i said before, against similar concepts. I love them. But when look at Towns and look at DF I have a deja vu filling. It's like i was playing memorable 1001 games on a cartridge. Contra had 100 versions. Yep but they were the same but with diffrent colors or lil map designs.

Even if i wanted Dungeons to be next DK which was in some way i hated it for it's similar concept which went into a dunegon zoo rather than being a master of evil. Similar concept but different result. Despite not liking dungeon zoo i would have ever said it's a rip off. I'm not even impying the Towns won't develop in smth completly diffrent. I'm just saying now it feels and looks like a total rip off.

Yes I played Towns cause i love to support indie developers and I supported many other indie titles. (wink to TB's WTF).

Don't understand your "oh man why so hate? idiot sir it's like with doom and battlefield" when I'm deeply describing what is a rip off in my opinion and what is a similar concept. I'm not disgusted that one man was inspired by DF. I'm disgusted that for now he just didn't do much to shape his own ideas just copied them from Toady and added some photoshop effects.

And I'm completly relaxed just sharing my opinion and thoughts. I'm not swearing, I'm not shouting or saying that your ideas are stupid idiotic or "you crack me up". I think you just have enough of such topics and try to shut me up for God knows what reason ; P
we been on here fall longer than you and apparently spent the time within the community. We hate you as your first post is "OMFG COPY!!!"

Why the fuck does it matter they copied the idea? don't you think other games should try to mimic the system too?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 06:10:39 pm »

If it doesn't bother Toady it shouldn't bother you.

When I look at Towns it doesn't make me think of Dwarf Fortress.  The graphics are different, the style is different, the direction is different.  Yes both of them involve managing a community.  That is not enough to be a "rip off". 

I know that the industry loves to copy cat ideas but this is just $#@%^ disgusting...

And to be fair, you absolutely do sound like you are hating on the guys.  They are all pretty cool people, and the community doesn't really like to see them taking unwarranted abuse.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:10 pm »

Towns is a good game, based of the ideas of many great classics with its own twist.
Bought it, played it, dont regret it at all.

The guys working on it also provide frequent updates, they listen hard and respond to user feedback. They are everything that is great about niche indie game development.

NaTT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 06:14:06 pm »

I'm sad you hate me Tellemerius i really am : (.

Copying idea 1:1 one isn't bad for ya? : ) Sad world you live in...

Why if it doesn't bother Toady should't bother me? He is my God or what/

Im not abusing them. When "No hard filings for him and i wish him luck with his project." is abusing them? Just close the topic people here don't read posts... They write reply with emotions like was my mistake with the first post... disgust = hate. Have to remember that thought.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »

I'm sad you hate me Tellemerius i really am : (.

Why if it doesn't bother Toady should't bother me? He is my God or what/

Im not abusing them. When "No hard filings for him and i wish him luck with his project." is abusing them? Just close the topic people here don't read posts... They write reply with emotions like was my mistake with the first post... disgust = hate. Have to remember that thought.
God you are the worse troll ever and don't listen.

They can never be 1:1 copies, amd isn't the same as Intel, both are going for the same market but both have different ideas on how to approach us. I don't care if they got the idea from someone else, if it works then good, if its nothing new then shit i won't play it. I hate you because these people spent alot of time developing and you are basically saying they are a bunch of copycats. We had a copycat, hes gone, he try breaking Toady's code, Towns is making all their code on their own.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 06:25:46 pm »

NaTT, how, anywhere in that addled brain of yours, does Towns even remotely approach a 1:1 copy?! All of your credibility(not that you had much) is gone. If you have any interest in hanging around the "other games" sub-forum I would suggest starting a new account with a completely different name and wait a while to post anything. The one thing this community absolutely detests it is the complete absence on common sense.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

NaTT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 06:27:30 pm »

I have a common sense and you can't read. Haven't said ever that Towns game is a copy cat 1:1. Geez...

End of discussion for me. I'm sry i was dissgusted, i'm sry i have my own opinion you don't like and i'm sry you can't understand my point. Won't start such topics ever again, promise ; P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:29:29 pm by NaTT »

RaySmuckles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 06:29:36 pm »

I have a common sense and you can't read. Haven't said ever that Towns game is a copy cat 1:1. Geez...

Oh, right, all you said was...

I'm disgusted with this game. It's a total rip off DF. Only the graphics and the concept of switching fotress to towns are diffrent. Also it's more casual friendly.

So it's more like a... 1:0.99 copy cat maybe?

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »

Delete account. Troll.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 06:31:01 pm »

I'm disgusted with this game. It's a total rip off DF. Only the graphics and the concept of switching fotress to towns are diffrent. Also it's more casual friendly.
The fact you even compliment it in the end amazes me.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 06:36:56 pm »

I think this is why we all thought you said that. Because you did. Moron.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:47:40 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

NaTT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 07:14:55 pm »

Love the hate <3

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 07:16:34 pm »

You got to understand, this place probably has the greatest number of indie lovers, indie devs and DF lovers you're ever going to find. Don't insult indies, especially as your first contribution to the forum.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 07:16:53 pm »

OP be trollin: check.

Forum members be counter-trollin': check.

Thread serving no real purpose other than letting everyone take shots at each other: check.

Time for the report button.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2] 3