Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Miner with Proficient swimming stuck in 2/7 magma.  (Read 2519 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Miner with Proficient swimming stuck in 2/7 magma.
« on: December 10, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »

I dont understand, my miner is digging out some more underground tunneling for my ever expanding magma smelting, but after breaching the wall and magma poured in, he wont move, even though the magma is only 2/7- 3/7.

Movie: http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-214-minertrappedinlowheightmagma

Also if you havent figured out by now, temprature is off.

Is there any way to get him out?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
Re: Miner with Proficient swimming stuck in 2/7 magma.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:15:00 pm »

From my experience with the same, he will drift a bit due to magma flow. If the stairs are 'downriver' nearby, he may have a slim chance of escaping.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Skanky:
<STRONG>From my experience with the same, he will drift a bit due to magma flow. If the stairs are 'downriver' nearby, he may have a slim chance of escaping.</STRONG>

He's in a stagnant pool, because... well, it's not going anywhere, just to feed some furnaces and workshops.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »

Oh wait, I forgot about the teleport utility, stupid me, nevermind.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:17:00 am »

He's swimming...in magma.

Why isn't he dead?

Edit: Ah, nevermind. I thought temperature only affected outside overall tempertature, not magma and fire. If it's not hot, wouldn't it just solidify into obsidian?

[ December 11, 2007: Message edited by: Wooty ]

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 01:36:00 am »

Obviously, Torak must be playing with [[temperature]] off...
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 02:02:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wooty:
<STRONG>He's swimming...in magma.

Why isn't he dead?</STRONG>

How about I let you edit your post, after you do a simple read-over.

malkmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 06:18:00 am »

but i also turned temperature and weather off and my dwarves still die when they walk into magma...

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 06:36:00 am »

There is a difference between a full (7/7) tile and an only about knee deep tile (2/7). Your dwarf probably died of suffocation in pretty much the same way he'd die from water.
I am on a hot streak... literally.