Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: ▪PixelQuest ▪ The Vault▪ (It Begins!) (Currently Full)  (Read 54900 times)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ▪PixelQuest ▪ The Vault▪ (It Begins!)
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2012, 01:37:30 am »

Tabitha thinks for a moment... There may be a settlement somewhere to the East, but you've fled so far you're no longer sure where exactly you are.

Alana enters the backroom, though it's much too dark to see anything. There's a crate just near the door but it's already open, and appears to only contain bits of wood. Perhaps suitable for expanding, or reinforcing this building, but the building seems like it'll do as shelter for now.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2012, 01:50:19 am »

"Hmm, surely there must be a lightsource nearby."

Feel around for a switch//match or candle, or any lightsource.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2012, 02:00:43 am »

Alana finds a light switch, but nothing seems to happen when it's flipped.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2012, 02:01:09 am »

Go back down and enter the storage room.
EDIT: Oops didn't see that post. Go downstairs

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2012, 02:04:48 am »

Tabitha headed to the roof to look east and see if she could spot the settlement, and guesstimate how far it was if so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2012, 02:06:03 am »

"Does this place have a generator, or...did someone cut the circuitry?"

Inspect the room for wiring//any presence of a generator.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ▪PixelQuest: The Vault▪
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2012, 02:12:59 am »

Tabitha makes her way to the roof to look for a settlement, but there are far too many hills to see very far into the distance.

Markus heads back downstairs to the bulk of the group.

Alana wonders if there's any sort of wiring or a generator in the dark room, but it's too dark to inspect anything, and you're not sure if it's a good idea to go stumbling around in the dark. Especially if you're going to be waving around a spear while you're doing so.

9:13 AM, Day 1

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Character Statuses:

Leonardo Sinad:
Health: 65/65
Hunger: 44/45
Thirst: 64/65
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

David Du'vaugh:
Health: 60/60
Hunger: 39/40
Thirst: 59/60

Alana Tyr:

Walrus McBandage:
Health: 60/60
Hunger: 39/40
Thirst: 59/60

Markus Ludwig:

Tabitha Hackman:
Hunger: 49/50
Thirst: 69/70

Bruce Clarkson:
Health: 70/70
Hunger: 49/50
Thirst: 69/70

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2012, 02:30:12 am »

Tabitha decided to climb the hill behind the building and try again, while also keeping an eye out for anything else that could be useful like wild strawberries or lakes and things like that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2012, 02:32:28 am »

Tabitha decided to climb the hill behind the building and try again, while also keeping an eye out for anything else that could be useful like wild strawberries or lakes and things like that.

Alana follows, and is open to any suggestions given by her allies, especially Tabitha.

Because...darkness.

"Nothing else to do..."

Other than be one with the darkness, Alana thought of the best thing possible - checking on her friend, Tabitha.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2012, 02:53:02 am »

"Oh, hey, Alana," Tabitha said as the other woman caught up to her. "I'm glad you're coming along, actually. You're better at all this nature stuff than me, anyway, and, well... it would've been pretty lonely going all the way up here by myself." After a few moments of silence, Tabitha decided to ask a question. "So... what do you think about our current situation?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2012, 03:03:49 am »

Alana took in the beauty of the scenery, the fresh air and the complete peace around her before answering, "Well, we're at peace for now. Whoever is after us isn't here yet. We've only got meager supplies and other items that are of little use against armed enemies.

"But I believe we'll be safe, because we have each other.
. . .
"Those soldiers are pretty slow, eh?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2012, 03:14:55 am »

"That's fine with me. It wouldn't break my heart if they were even slower," she answered with a grin. "But yeah, I think this is a good place, too. It'll take some real effort but I think our little group can fix this shelter up, make it defensible until we need to move on. Hopefully that won't be any time soon." Tabby sighed as she cracked her knuckles. "I don't think we'll be in any trouble on this hike... but if we are, well, you have that spear, and I have this." Tabitha checked the grenade launcher to make sure it wasn't currently loaded; she didn't need to accidentally waste a shell and potentially injure people. "And a knife, too, but I don't think we'll need it unless we find some plants to harvest. Speaking of, do you see anything worthwhile?" She looked at the plants as they walked, but she couldn't be sure what was useful and what wasn't. She was a mechanic first and although she'd grown up with some farm experience, nothing around here particularly looked like corn or potatoes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2012, 03:23:51 am »

Alana begins scouting the nearby landscape from the vantage point of that hill.

"I'll check from the top of this hill.

"Say, we need to find something of a power source to light up the storeroom, I could pry open the crates using this nifty spear you made."

Alana kicked a nearby rock, what had brought them this far? "It's still morning, dew on the grass. Suppose we try hiking off for wood, and other supplies to make a fire, at least?"

Follow what Tabitha would say otherwise. ((Going off  :())

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ▪PixelQuest: The Vault▪
« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2012, 03:26:52 am »

While Alana and Tabitha keep an eye out for an interesting, or at least edible looking plants on their hike up the hill, the hillside is really quite barren. Only grass, and the occasional weed.

It isn't too long at all until you reach the top, but even higher mountains block your view of the North, (Where the army should happen to be...) and the East. However, you can see a good distance to the South, and the West.

There's a large body of water on the horizon to the West, buildings to the Southeast (Perhaps the settlement Tabitha had thought of), and more buildings far to the South.

9:22 AM, Day 1

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Character Statuses:
Alana Tyr:
Hunger: 43/45
Thirst: 63/65

Tabitha Hackman:
Hunger: 48/50
Thirst: 68/70

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2012, 03:30:37 am »

"You know, this is a blessing."

Alana stared out into the skies while she walked up, "We're finally away from whatever is haunting us at the moment, and the scenery depicts exactly what it should - peace.

"But...we'll be returning to the cities soon, right? You know places to scavenge useable material, should we keep on running until we can fight back, or find some place they can't find us? The forests sound like a good place, if there were any nearby..."

Acquiesce to what Tabitha would ask me to do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27