Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What do you do with your goblinite?  (Read 7338 times)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do with your goblinite?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 12:29:12 pm »

Sell sell sell.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

me with goblinite when I do have Iron-producing ores on site:

BAHAHAHA! Foolish goblins! Your ill-made equipment is no match for that of the metal masterworks crafted by the hands of skilled dwarven smithies! Now, quickly, bring that trash to the smelters! I cannot bear to gaze upon such pitiful craftsmanship any longer!

Me with goblinite when I don't have iron-producing ores on site:

SWEET MERCIFUL BABY JESUS! A copper helm!!! Thank the heavens!! Quickly, grab it before a kobold thief arrives! Our militia shall be eternally grateful for this most generous donation from our green-skinned neighbors!
This is pretty much what I do all of the time. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 01:15:19 pm »

The goblins that aren't killed by my militia are caught in my few (no more than 6 per site) cage traps.

Caged goblins are stripped of weapons, and sent to fight the militia for training.

Dead goblins are dumped either outside or in the magma chute.

Anything metal is melted down, and either reforged for trade or use on site.  I pretty much always embark with a skilled smith, so rarely is anything the goblins have worthy of use in and of itself.  Even if it was, no self-respecting dwarf would use "inferior" goblin gear.

Anything else is dumped down the magma chute.

I have a pretty strict quarantine policy; I believe my dwarves wouldn't want to handle goblin and troll clothing, having no idea where it's been or the like, and it wouldn't live up to their standards for goods to export (we have a reputation to maintain as dwarves, that we sell only the finest crafted goods).
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 01:46:33 pm »

Smelt metal, keep rest for no reason and without doing anything whit it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 02:37:22 am »

...I can imagine the scene of traders coming to my depot:

In this mental image is an image of trolls and dwarves. The trolls are dead. The dwarves are looting the corpses of the trolls.
In this mental image is an image of a pile of clothes. The clothes ase covered in blood and vomit, encircled with bands of mud and decorated with hanging pieces of previous owners.
In this mental image is an image  'Sus' Soothedcoal the Dwarf Broker, a troll fur sock and elves. 'Sus' Soothedcoal is raising the troll fur sock. The troll fur sock is dripping with Mato's troll blood, vomit and Mato's troll pus. The elves are looking terrified. This image relates to offering the troll fur sock looted off of Mato the troll's corpse to the elves for trade by 'Sus' Soothedcoal.

"Did you just loot that sock off your dead friend?"
"What? No no, sure not! Tailor just made! Is fine sock! You buy!"
"There's... Uh, there's a foot still in here..."
> Novice Liar
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:22:05 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 06:05:59 am »

I let the dwarves equip anything useful made of iron.  Copper and silver stuff gets melted down along with iron stuff that won't be used.  Generally ignore the cloth stuff unless its GCS silk or leather stuff my army will equip.  Or nice socks.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 04:58:05 pm »

"What? No no, sure not! Tailor just made! Is fine sock! You buy!"

> Novice Liar

Is it wrong I imagined that being said in a really thick east asian accent?
Pages: 1 2 [3]