Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pull The Lever - A Game  (Read 2690 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Pull The Lever - A Game
« on: February 11, 2012, 08:42:38 am »

After seeing a certain image for the 9001th time, an idea for a community game suddenly struck me.

It goes like this:

One person sends their fort to everyone else. The others then have to see how much time passes before everyone is dead. Raw modding and init file changing not allowed. Whoever kills off all the inhabitants of the fortress in the least time (check game date), wins! They then choose one of their forts, and everyone gets to kill their dwarves!

Of course, the only possible name for this game is

What do you think? :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
Re: Pull The Lever - A Game
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:08:25 am »

Sounds good.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 09:27:44 am »

Rules:

No digging to the circus!
No burrows!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:34:37 am »

Least time? As in fastest fort death?

Well, I'm very much interested.

But...if least meant how long can that fort stand, then nobody would win as many forts can last millenia without innovation.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:40:29 am »

Least time? As in fastest fort death?

Well, I'm very much interested.

But...if least meant how long can that fort stand, then nobody would win as many forts can last millenia without innovation.

Whoever kills off all the inhabitants of the fortress in the least time (check game date), wins!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 09:47:56 am »

Great, misread the word kill. Though I wonder if to achieve the goal, the player would just order every squad into the military in a hopeless crusade against any hostiles nearby or get creative with the execution. It may be hopeless to just say 'kill them all' as the effort in making forts would be lost, to kill them all, that is.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 09:56:25 am »

Maybe we award extra points on creativity. But yeah, the point is you could either just post up one of your forts randomly, or get creative and make a specific fort where it'd be really hard/easy/clever to kill everyone off just to see what the community do.

If anyone wants to put one up, we could try to start? :P

Also, screenshots, videos etc. for MegaDorfBonus. :P