Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 46310 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 6, Broken Limbs and Water Snakes
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2012, 09:14:19 pm »

Lets try summoning that water sprite thing like last time, but have it be angry at the bandit instead of me.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »

Interesting.

Spoiler: Random thoughts (click to show/hide)

Discern malleability of Dreamworld reality by willing myself some stylish robes.
If possible, cast a 20-second duration light spell on myself as a test.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2012, 09:34:44 pm »

What happened to Dorian healing me? D:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2012, 09:51:34 pm »

Lesser Air Sphere the bandit while he is distracted by the water, then Weak Air Shift away towards my staff.

((Also, I think that my Magc Known spoiler ahould list Lesser Air Sphere as 6/10, not 5/10.))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:55:02 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2012, 05:50:18 pm »

Sorry about the wait, I had to go to a place with no internet.  All changes will now be updated, and I'll have the rolls up in a bit.  And to Irony Owl... I screwed up, sorry, you can have two actions next round.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 7, Dreams and Mission Accomplished
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2012, 12:32:53 am »

Turn 8

Sorry about the wait, but now, it is time to Turn.

Kira

She grasped her staff and looked Djork in the eye. It was time to get physical.

Attack with staff!

"Hey Djork, how do you think my skills are?"

Feeling your magical reserves waning, you switch to pure melee combat.  You quip a line, then strike at Djork || and he masterfully counters your sloppy blow,  and swings at you || with an expert precision that overcomes your defenses.  The ax hits your head | and you are instantly knocked unconscious.  The moment before the strike hits your head, Djork mutters, "Adequate."

After your body hits the floor, Djork tells the surrounding members to take you to the infirmary.  After a few minutes, you wake up to a man in black muttering and taking notes while looking over your body.  He is blonde, and rather good looking.  Once he sees that you are awake, he smiles at you and says,

"Hello there.  I'm Georgian Briarhart, one of the several healers at this guild.  Call me George, if you want."

He helps you up into a sitting position, and says, "I ran several diagnostics, but other than the concussion that I've already healed, you are fit as can be.  Your, uh, staff other there," He motions to your staff, which is standing upon the wall, "Has been worried sick, although I have told it several times you were OK," He seems to be exasperated, but quickly regains composure.

"You are free to go, but if I may, I would like to know just where you got that staff."

In a private area, attempt to summon the portal again.  Practice with it, including unsummoning it.

|  You perfectly summon a portal, and feel a tug on your mind to where you want the second portal to be.  You simply decide to have the other end right next to the other.  The procedure takes a few minutes, however.  Soon, the portals appear in front of you.  Inspecting them, they both look to be three dimensional objects, having a height and length, the third dimension in an image in the middle that portrays the immediate view in front of the other portal.  The portals are suspended in midair, and the other side of each portal seems to be just a sort of translucent silver.  You reach your hand through, and look to the other portal to see if it came out.  Surprisingly however, it doesn't.  You have to put your whole arm through to even see your fingers appear out the other portal.  Your arm, while in the portal, feels no different from from when out of the portal.  From your total observations, you can surmise that it is actually a four dimensional object with a width that is within the portal itself.  In total aesthetic, it looks like a still, misshapen puddle with a perfect reflection of the other portals immediate view.  The unsummoning of this portal is fairly second nature, but it takes you just about as much time to unsummon as it does to summon.  You practice summoning and unsummoning the portal, and by the time you are tired, you feel you don't need much more practice with this spell until it is mastered.  You still have your portals in front of you, and you can inspect them or unsummon them and do something else, as you are far too tired to continue practice healthily.

You learn the spell Very Short Range Minor Portal.  It has the range of twenty feet, and takes several minutes to summon.  It also seems to have some sort of space between portals.  When summoning multiple portals, there is no discerning between which portal is which, other than what lies upon the other side.  You gain +7 to Very Short Range Minor Portal.  You gain +3 to Regnum Prodigium.  You gain +1 to Realm Magic.  You are Magically Drained (-1 to all spells).

Lets try summoning that water sprite thing like last time, but have it be angry at the bandit instead of me.

| You succeed in summoning an animated body of water, but it seems rather... laconic.  It just lays there, doing nothing at all.  You did obviously succeed, though, since the water seems to have retained a sort of shape.  You do know how to summon that water deal now, though.

You gain the spell Minor Water Animus, but with a -1 to mastery, so you only summon a water with some shape, and no ability to do anything at all.

Lesser Air Sphere the bandit while he is distracted by the water, then Weak Air Shift away towards my staff.

| You completely miscast the spell, and instead, the blades of wind rip into your hand.  It is now useless (-2 actions requiring the hand, -1 to actions with the arm in general.), but can be healed.  | You still shift towards your staff though, and it lays before you, although it may now be useless to wield it.

+1 to Complexo Ventus.

Bandit 4:  He swings at you |, but drops his sword on his right foot (-1 to movement).

Discern malleability of Dreamworld reality by willing myself some stylish robes.
If possible, cast a 20-second duration light spell on myself as a test.

You seem to have a physical control over this realms reality, and you perfectly will yourself some good looking robes. (+1 to charm rolls).

However, magic seems to still be a realm beyond your perfect control, and you | are unable to cast the spell.

What happened to Dorian healing me? D:

You have been completely healed, and you follow Dorian into the building.  You soon come across a fairly large room, with no other openings than the one you just came out of.  It is a fairly plain room, black and lit by four uncovered candle chandeliers.  In the middle of the room there is a large, round stone table.  You cannot see any specifics from here.

NPC's

Bandit 3:  He's kind of a nonfactor at the moment.

Bandit 4:  Would be contemplating retreat, but saw what happened to his comrade.  He puts up his hands, kicks away his blade, and kneels upon the floor.  His wounds still cause him pain (-2 to movement)

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Somewhere in Ggryymirr.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.  Mangled Hand

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.  Magically Drained

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:17:50 pm by Baradine »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 8, More Portals
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2012, 01:38:37 am »

Shove a Weak Air Sphere in his face with my good hand, then flee towards Ochita.

((Possible mistake: in my Skills tab it lists Complexo Ventus as 4/20 to next level, while every other turn lists it as x/10 to next level.
EDIT: Nevermind, it seems everybody else has it too.))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:07:29 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2012, 06:42:17 am »

Kira

(Bluff, Bluff, Bluff the Generous Medic!)

"I- I can't-...Urgh, please.. excuse me for a moment. I can't think right. You said my staff talked to you? No. Impossible.

Please.. leave me for the moment. I'd want to...rest. Alone. With my gear beside me."

((Hoping the medic would get out. I don't want to reveal my staff.))

"Staff is Oak."

Leave the room and head to the Main Hall.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:50:21 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2012, 06:48:04 am »

Man, I really want to summon something again. But I also don't want to die.

Decisions, decisions.

Use Vogo Plagiarus to move quickly to the stone table, inspecting the chandeliers as I do so.

Use Validus Refragatio to harden my skin against attacks, inspecting the table as I do so.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2012, 08:47:31 am »

Create a basin of water, and try to get it to view first the outside of my cube, and then the place I was fighting bandits. After that, create windows on each wall of the cube and look outside.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2012, 10:07:23 am »

Heal that wounded hand!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2012, 10:59:51 am »

Man, I really want to summon something again. But I also don't want to die.

Decisions, decisions.

Use Vogo Plagiarus to move quickly to the stone table, inspecting the chandeliers as I do so.

Use Validus Refragatio to harden my skin against attacks, inspecting the table as I do so.

You know... you don't have any spells to do this, and you haven't done it before, so you're going to get a -2 to the roll.  You'll have to find the proper ritual, perk, or have training with that type of magic to use magic without spells properly.  Or discover it, whatever.  But this way, you're probably just going to kill yourself.  And you can just walk to the stone table, it would take the same amount of turn time.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:43:36 pm by Baradine »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2012, 12:44:04 pm »

Hmm...

Rest up, then go get another mission.

Can't get my own private lab if I'm a bus boy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2012, 12:46:29 pm »

Starting the rolls, so if you want to change your actions, Irony Owl, do it quick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2012, 01:12:52 pm »

Losing is fun!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13