Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 46329 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 5, Fail Magic and Dislocated Shoulders
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2012, 02:04:17 am »

I'm good at being overkill, aren't I?

Use Navitas Curatio (or whatever would be appropriate) to relocate my shoulder, then use Validus Refragatio to (temporarily!) harden my flesh so this doesn't happen again. Follow Dorian into the crown building, or just glance inside if he doesn't enter.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 5, Fail Magic and Dislocated Shoulders
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2012, 01:00:43 am »

Turn 6

More weirdness with spells and painful miscasts.  Hurray!

Look around for more bandits; if there are any left, Shift to them and punt them with my staff.

You | shift to bandit 4 with incredible speed, with a bit too much speed in fact, as you are knocked off balance after the shift. | You miraculously recover, and swing at the bandit so quickly that you can barely control it's direction! (-1 to hit, +1 to damage) || You miss so spectacularly that you loose control of your staff, sending it flying at Nirur Torir!  || He is hit directly in the knee |, shattering the kneecap, tearing the tendons and dislocating his femur from his tibia and fibula! | He is unable to withstand the pain, and falls unconscious. (-2 to all rolls, epic failguard)

Bandit 4: Seeing that his quarry has been taken care of, he turns on you!  | He swings with an intense precision. (+1 to hit).

+2 to Complexo Ventus

Dodge behind the bandit and try to knock him over with a staff to the back of his knees.

You can't particularly do too much right now, being unconscious and all.

Water rope, at the bandit who I had water-roped before. Force it down his throat, to drown him.

| Nope.  As a matter of fact, you cast the spell so wrong, you cast a different spell entirely.  Your rope of water comes to life, and is intensely hostile towards you!

Bandit 2: He has shaken off his shock, and now sees you fighting with the rope of water.  He decides that this scene is a little to weird for him and books it out of here.  | However, he probably had a better chance with you, seeing as a blade of water shears his head off.  It's source is, of course, Talius.

Rope of Water: It is direct in its hatred of you, and goes straight for the throat! | | It misses, slightly, but instead gets an intense hold around your head, and squeezes!  || Your head withstands the pressure.

Try again with the spell!  If nothing still happens, try again to close it.

You once again cast your spell, | this time, perfectly, and send it through the portal.  || It seems that the portal is extremely hostile towards other magics, and tries to overpower your blast, but fails.  It | goes up in a small explosion, blackening the floor.  However the explosion is not enough to harm you, and there was no shrapnel.  But, now you have to clean up the black marks.  Lucky you.

+3 to Arcane Pulse.  +1 to Redimio Ianus.

Kira glanced behind her, then at the incoming axe. Well, if this messed up, then at least she won't be hitting a wall.

Cast Complexo Ventus {Weak Air Shift} to move away from the melee; Followed by Oertus Aer {Gust}

| You cast Weak Air Shift, and fly past Djork.  |  He swings at you as you go past, but misses!  You follow up your movement transition with a Gust| It is rather strong, strong enough to blow you back as well.  |  Not very far though.  Djork rams into the wall you were recently at || and smashes his head upon the wall, causing extreme | dizziness (-1 to attack for one round).  You are beginning to feel the effects of casting so many spells in a row.  It won't be long now 'till you are exhausted from the casting.

+2 to Complexo Ventus.  +3 to Ortus Aer, +1 to Elementus.

Use Navitas Curatio (or whatever would be appropriate) to relocate my shoulder, then use Validus Refragatio to (temporarily!) harden my flesh so this doesn't happen again. Follow Dorian into the crown building, or just glance inside if he doesn't enter.

| Your healing magic completely backfires, and you break your radius in your attempts.  (Another -1 to left arm rolls).  Luckily, Dorian looks back and sees the shape you are in, and stops.

"What the hell have you gotten yourself into?  Whatever, let's rest for a bit, while I heal your arm up.  I may not be the best healer, but I can do my part."  (You can meditate next turn or something, but you are incapacitated for one turn).

NPC's

Bandit 1: Dead.

Bandit 2: Decapitated

Bandit 3: Is paralyzed from the waist down.

Bandit 4: Trying to murder Zofus.

Rope of Water:  Trying to crush Ochita's head.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.  UnconsciousSeverely Damaged Leg

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Somewhere in Ggryymirr. Dislocated Left Shoulder Broken Left Radius

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:04:25 am by Baradine »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 6, Broken Limbs and Water Snakes
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2012, 01:15:56 am »

Oh dear. I'm sorry Nirur, I didn't mean to do that at all!

Block the blow with my shield, then attack with a Lesser Air Sphere.

I think Talius overestimated our competence somewhat...

((Just to be clear, I no longer have my staff with me right?))

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2012, 01:20:35 am »

So now we know what happens when you try to cast magic you don't know.  Eeeek.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2012, 01:37:16 am »

Oh dear. I'm sorry Nirur, I didn't mean to do that at all!

I think Talius overestimated our competence somewhat...

((Just to be clear, I no longer have my staff with me right?))

Yep, no staff.  Unless you want to go over and get it, it's right beside Nirur.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2012, 02:29:48 am »

Magically force the water away from me, throwing it at bandit number 4.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2012, 02:36:35 am »

Damn it. What exactly can meditating or what have you accomplish?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2012, 05:52:13 am »

Kira

Ortus Aer {Minor Blade of Air} aimed at the feet. Follow up with movement into the melee and a bash with the butt of my staff.

'Somehow, I don't feel like hitting him with the top of my staff for some reason.'

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2012, 07:32:30 am »

Then I shall become a dream mage.

Try to induce lucid dreaming.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2012, 09:00:38 am »

Well, at least I got rid of the portal.

Clean up the black marks, finish cleaning the bathrooms, and report the task complete to Teethy the Elf.  Don't mention the portal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2012, 02:32:17 am »

Meditate on proper healing magic while holding still for Dorian to do his thing.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2012, 04:14:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Waitlist please.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:06:00 pm by antlion12 »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2012, 06:58:09 pm »

Turn 7

Sorry for the half assery, I'll be gone for a few days as well.

|| You successfully block against the blow, and maneuver yourself into a better position for your attack (+1 to hit) | You cast the spell without a hitch, and you strike at him || so quickly it overwhelms his defenses, and he flinches madly, unable to dodge.  You are unable to change course in time, and can only hit his leg (-1 to damage) | and it tears the muscle apart!  It is not particularly damaging, just debilitating.  (-1 to the bandits movement.)

+1 to Lesser Air Sphere.

Magically force the water away from me, throwing it at bandit number 4.

You regain control over the water sprite thingy, and throw it at bandit 4.  Unfortunately, you chuck it so hard that you lose control half way there, so it's just a bunch of water splashing in his face.

+3 to Rope of Water, +1 to Liquidus Umbra.  You have mastered Rope of Water, gaining the bonuses: The spell can now be used as a whip with a +.5 to damage.  Instant cast.

Then I shall become a dream mage.

Try to induce lucid dreaming.

| You use your magical powers to induce an extremely powerful lucid dream.  In fact, the magic is so powerful, your body disappears from the mortal plane!  You wake up, stark naked, your body completely healed.  Looking around you is an extremely boring task, as you seem to be in a small white cube.  All around you however, you hear odd... metal sounds churning.  | You are able to discern that it is a mechanism of some sort, most likely cogs.  There is nothing else you know about your situation.

You have discovered Nox noctis Visum, Dream Magic!  It is governed by Intelligence and Mind.  You gain +2 to Nox noctis Visum.

Kira

Ortus Aer {Minor Blade of Air} aimed at the feet. Follow up with movement into the melee and a bash with the butt of my staff.

'Somehow, I don't feel like hitting him with the top of my staff for some reason.'

| You successfully cast the magic, and it slams into his ankles, | | doing a large load of nothing.  The casting too some time, though, and it is all you can do to not fall over as well (if you use magic twice more within 3 turns, you become tired, with a -1 to all rolls.  After that, if you continue to cast without letting your body rest, you can become exhausted, with a -2 to all rolls.  After exhausted, you become extremely exhausted, with a -3 to all rolls.  After that, you must make a constant roll to not fall unconcious).

Well, at least I got rid of the portal.

Clean up the black marks, finish cleaning the bathrooms, and report the task complete to Teethy the Elf.  Don't mention the portal.

| You accomplish your task, and report in.  You get two gold pieces!  You may go on another mission, train, read or do whatever.

Meditate on proper healing magic while holding still for Dorian to do his thing.

| Your meditation does nothing at all.

NPC's

Djork: Unharmed, preparing to unleash pain upon Kira's body.

Bandit 3: He's pretty incapable of doing anything.

Bandit 4: In pain because of his injury.  Can still fight though. (-1 to movement)

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael. 

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Somewhere in Ggryymirr. Dislocated Left Shoulder Broken Left Radius

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:18:14 pm by Baradine »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2012, 08:40:55 pm »

Kira

She grasped her staff and looked Djork in the eye. It was time to get physical.

Attack with staff!

"Hey Djork, how do you think my skills are?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2012, 08:54:54 pm »

In a private area, attempt to summon the portal again.  Practice with it, including unsummoning it.

There is no way this could go badly.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:33:36 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13