Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 46345 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn3, Strange Portals and Talking Sticks
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:56 pm »

Turn 4

I may not be able to get two turns a day done, like I barely pulled off before, cause I have school during weekdays.  Unless you guys can all post thirty minutes after the first roll, it'll be down to one roll per day till the weekends.

Also, this roll has... reptiles.

Use a Weak Air Shift to move to the nearest bandit, then strike with my staff!

Combat!

| You perfectly cast Weak Air Shift, and move right in front of the bandit! | He is distinctly surprised by the sudden speed, and you are able to strike at him with your staff || but he is able to gracefully move out of the way.

Bandit 1: | He tries to cut you with his shortsword, but somehow manages to | cut off his arm at the shoulder instead!  | he barely manages to stay conscious, but he won't be for long.  He is incredibly demoralized (Must roll each turn to not fall unconcious, then to muster up the courage to fight.  If he falls unconscious, and he doesn't wake up in two turns, he dies from blood loss.

Bandit 4:  Is coming to pick up the slack. | He swings at you with a decent amount of skill.

+1 to Complexo Ventus

Use my rope of water, to wrap around the bandit's feet.

| You cast the spell without a hitch and || wrap it around the bandit's feet so tightly it would be impossible to get out without you letting go of the spell.

Bandit 2:  He is completely unable to do anything.  He contemplates throwing his sword at you, but decides it would be a bad idea to lose his only weapon.

+2 to Rope of Water.

I cast Arcane Pulse on one of the bandits that had been hiding.

| You are able to cast your spell, but it seems to be travelling rather slow... (-1 to hit) || He dodges your Arcane Pulse, but only because he accidentally tripped over himself | but he recovers rather nicely, and charges at you | screaming like a madman (-1 to hit, +1 to damage)

"Of course," Zerus said, falling into step behind Dorian. He decided to vent his restlessness as they went, considering how one might go about summoning a demon.

Follow Dorian, attempt to summon diminutive imp.

| You succeed in your summoning efforts... however the diminutive imp doesn't seem very diminutive.  Or impy.  He's more along the lines of what Dorian yelled out:

"Dragon!"

And he is not seeing things.  It is a dragon, | and something of a giant one at that.  He seems to be an | adult Force Dragon, judging by his almost ethereal appearance and aura of power, perhaps the most powerful species of dragon.  | He thankfully, seems to ignore you, and the dig you're at, and goes off to terrorize some town or something.  You thank every god and goddess you can think of for your good(?) luck.  You seem to have learned a bit about summoning though, but you should be advised to never mess around with that kind of magic again while still being very, very squishy. 

Dorian has merely been staring at you this whole time, but soon shakes his head and wanders over to the entrance of the building you now seem to notice.  It is fairly large, and shaped like a crown.  As you take in more of your surroundings, you seem to be in some sort of mountain haven, completely surrounded by rocky walls. 

You have learned Alius Sive, General Summoning magic.  You gain +2 to Alius Sive experience.

((I already love my staff :3 . Isn't Solers Inficio an enhancement spell? I didn't see anything about minor melee in the list, but that was along the lines. And now I read my own stats and noticed the different spells I had. I'm blind.  :-\))

Kira looked it her staff, then back at Djork in quick fashion. It seemed he was tougher than she thought. It was time babysitting got real.

Cast Complexo Ventus {Weak Air Shift} to dodge that axe, following by Oertus Aer {Minor Blade of Air} directed at the feet!

| You are able to complete the skill so quickly that you have time to feel proud of yourself while the spell takes hold.  However, you seem to have forgotten that magic always takes concentration, and you are sent back right into the wall.  | You feel your pelvic bone cracking. (-1 to movement rolls)  You are in too much pain to follow through with your attack.  Your staff seems to have gained a personality over the course of your flight though, and says,

| "Are you OK?"

Djork:  Djork, being a veteran of many battles, is able to completely ignore your staff asking about your wellbeing, and goes over and grabs his axe off the floor.

+3 to Complexo Ventus.  +1 to Elementus experience.

Study the portal and figure out how it works and how to manipulate it.

| You study the portal, ignoring the strange sounds from within, and you begin to manipulate it with your magic.  After messing around with it for a while, the portal becomes a slight bit larger.  After a bit of time has passed, you are freely manipulating the portal, moving it around and changing it's size however you wish.  As much as you try, however, your basic manipulation doesn't extend to closing the portal, however.

+2 to Regnum Prodigium.  You learn the spell Manipulate Portal.  It allows you to manipulate the portal in any fashion, physically.  You can move it around and change the portals size, but you can't seem to close it.  3/10, no bonus.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.  Cracked Pelvic Bone

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Somewhere in Ggryymirr.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:14:12 pm by Baradine »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 4, Dragons and Bandits
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2012, 09:20:29 pm »

Kira

"Yes, argh, yes I am my good stick."

She tried to push herself up again, forgetting the presence of a wall and moved a hand to feel the bone. It hurt, bad. She straightened herself, wobbling a bit and regained composure.

Kira casts Oertus Aer {Gust} to keep Djork away.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2012, 09:22:36 pm »

Summon a deluge of water, and throw it at bandit 4.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2012, 09:42:26 pm »

Poke my dagger through the portal to see what happens, then shoot an arcane pulse through to see how it interacts with magic.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »

PS:  Now you're thinking with portals, the cake is a lie, etc etc.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »

Block the bandit's attack with my shield and hit him aside the head with my staff.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2012, 10:16:04 pm »

Cast Lesser Air Sphere on my staff, then cast another Weak Air Shift to move behind Bandit 4 and attack!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:42 pm »

Bwahahahaha! I knew summoning an imp was the right course of action! :P

Ahhhh... should probably not do that again, though. Not yet, anyway.

"So, ah, what are we here for?"

Continue following. Practice firing an Arcane Pulse off into the sky.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 12:14:27 am »

You know it's an awesome guild if an underling sees a newbie summon a massive dragon of a seriously nasty variety that goes off to ravage and pillage the surrounding terrain, and he reacts by rolling his eyes and continuing what he was doing.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:57 am »

Turn 5

I have no time to put up the changes, so I just have rolls for now. Done.

Kira

"Yes, argh, yes I am my good stick."

She tried to push herself up again, forgetting the presence of a wall and moved a hand to feel the bone. It hurt, bad. She straightened herself, wobbling a bit and regained composure.

Kira casts Oertus Aer {Gust} to keep Djork away.

| You reply back to your staff that you are OK.  You feel your injury, and it is extremely painful.  So painful, that when you try and cast Gust, absolutely nothing happens  You are able to stand up and defend yourself, slightly.

| Your staff has other plans for you, it seems, and glows with a powerful brightness.  Your pain recedes, and you feel you can move as you did before your injury!

Djork:  He has grabbed his ax, and is now swinging at your head with more power than before! | The blow comes at you with an incredible ferocity! (+1 to damage)

Summon a deluge of water, and throw it at bandit 4.

| You try and summon a deluge of water, but the only water that seems to be nearby is your rope, and your attempts at creating the water makes the rope dissipate!

Bandit 2: He staggers out of his bindings, shocked for a while.

Block the bandit's attack with my shield and hit him aside the head with my staff.

|| You are able to slow the blade down, possibly enough to dodge it! | You cartwheel away... right into a ditch.  | You are able to completely avoid falling in the ditch, but you are too far away now to hit the bandit.

Bandit 4: He comes over to attack you again |, but it seems his skill earlier was just a fluke.  He is swinging at you, but so poorly you think the blade would slip out of his hands. (-1 to hit and -1 to damage)

Bandit 1:| He passes out and dies from blood loss.  It seems that he was anemic.

Cast Lesser Air Sphere on my staff, then cast another Weak Air Shift to move behind Bandit 4 and attack!

| You try to cast your touch attack on your staff, but it is a good thing it fizzles out, because you probably would have blown your spear to smithereens (It's a touch attack, not an enchant).  You now also have to try and make a last minute dodge, or just be completely killed. ||.  You dodge the poorly aimed attack, and you are able to counter attack! || You are completely and utterly free swinging at his upper back! || Your staff smashes into his back, and you hear a deadly Crack! as the bandit crumples to the ground, not moving.  He seems to be alive though, since he keeps saying "I can't feel my legs".  He is helpless.

Bandit 3:Is moaning, paralyzed.

+2 to Staves experience.

Poke my dagger through the portal to see what happens, then shoot an arcane pulse through to see how it interacts with magic.

You poke your dagger through.  Nothing happens.  Frustrated at the result, you shoot an arcane pulse through the portal.  | You miscast the spell.

Bwahahahaha! I knew summoning an imp was the right course of action! :P

Ahhhh... should probably not do that again, though. Not yet, anyway.

"So, ah, what are we here for?"

Continue following. Practice firing an Arcane Pulse off into the sky.

| You cast Arcane Pulse at the sky, but it comes out with such a ferocity you are thrown to the ground. || You dislocate your left shoulder! (-2 to anything using that arm, including magic).

You are able to pick yourself up, though, and ask what you are doing here.

"We are here to discover this places secrets." And says nothing more.

You have arrived at the crown, but there seems to be no entrance.  However, Dorian says,"Patefacio is Relinquo ianua," and a slab of the crown moves out of the way, making a passage into the building!

+3 to Arcane Pulse.  +1 to Redimio Ianus.

NPC's

Bandit 1: Dead.

Bandit 2: Staggered, can move next round.

Bandit 3: Is paralyzed from the waist down.

Bandit 4: Is sloppily swinging his sword at Nirur Torir.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Somewhere in Ggryymirr. Dislocated Left Shoulder

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:04:52 am by Baradine »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 5, Fail Magic and Dislocated Shoulders
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2012, 10:11:51 am »

Look around for more bandits; if there are any left, Shift to them and punt them with my staff.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 5, Fail Magic and Dislocated Shoulders
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2012, 10:15:03 am »

Dodge behind the bandit and try to knock him over with a staff to the back of his knees.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2012, 10:45:07 am »

I kind of figured something worse would happen on a 2.

Try again with the spell!  If nothing still happens, try again to close it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2012, 11:16:16 am »

Water rope, at the bandit who I had water-roped before. Force it down his throat, to drown him.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2012, 10:37:05 pm »

Kira glanced behind her, then at the incoming axe. Well, if this messed up, then at least she won't be hitting a wall.

Cast Complexo Ventus {Weak Air Shift} to move away from the melee; Followed by Oertus Aer {Gust}
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13