Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 46340 times)

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile

That was pretty much amazing.  It does raise a question, however.  If one was to "major" in.... Oh, I don't remember the name Everto Voco,could they also go  about summoning objects, just without the bonus?

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Well, they could, if they got good enough.  Because majoring in that subject would raise the above magic (Whether it's mind magic or I created a meta magic for summoning, I forget which) they could probably summon that.  Other than that, people will just have to find out in game.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Question: How does one invent/learn new spells or magic types?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Well, right now, the only way your characters know of is through tomes, people teaching you, and random experimentation.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Use a Weak Air Shift to move to the nearest bandit, then strike with my staff!

Suggestion: Perhaps you could separate groups of mages with horizontal rules? I just think it would look better, and make it easier to see who else is nearby.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Ooh, I like that last one.

"Of course," Zerus said, falling into step behind Dorian. He decided to vent his restlessness as they went, considering how one might go about summoning a demon.

Follow Dorian, attempt to summon diminutive imp.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((I already love my staff :3 . Isn't Solers Inficio an enhancement spell? I didn't see anything about minor melee in the list, but that was along the lines. And now I read my own stats and noticed the different spells I had. I'm blind.  :-\))

Kira looked it her staff, then back at Djork in quick fashion. It seemed he was tougher than she thought. It was time babysitting got real.

Cast Complexo Ventus {Weak Air Shift} to dodge that axe, following by Oertus Aer {Minor Blade of Air} directed at the feet!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Did I just discover an entirely new kind of magic by accident?

Oh, to report it and probably get someone pissed off at me, or just leave it alone and risk someone getting much more pissed at me?

Let's split the difference.  Screw it- this guild would probably be impressed with this sort of thing.

Go find someone higher ranked in the guild and show them my work- ideally not that damn elf.  REDACTED- see below.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:36:54 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Use my rope of water, to wrap around the bandit's feet.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cast Arcane Pulse on one of the bandits that had been hiding.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Use a Weak Air Shift to move to the nearest bandit, then strike with my staff!

Suggestion: Perhaps you could separate groups of mages with horizontal rules? I just think it would look better, and make it easier to see who else is nearby.

This is a pretty good idea.  Thank you, I'll start doing that.

Did I just discover an entirely new kind of magic by accident?

Oh, to report it and probably get someone pissed off at me, or just leave it alone and risk someone getting much more pissed at me?

Let's split the difference.  Screw it- this guild would probably be impressed with this sort of thing.

Go find someone higher ranked in the guild and show them my work- ideally not that damn elf.

If you can get back here to change your roll before I'm done rolling, I would recommend against telling somebody.  You guys are still pretty early in the game, and still haven't assimilated into this worlds way of thinking, so I'll help you out on these kinds of decisions for now.  There are a few reasons against telling someone.  First, discovering a new magic is incredibly  powerful.  Most people won't know about it.  You may just be putting yourself at a disadvantage for telling somebody.  Secondly, there is a high chance the person you tell will take credit for your work.  Thirdly, you still don't know what's beyond that portal.  If it's bad, and you can't fix it, you will probably get kicked out.

And secondly, remember this:  Just because you have discovered a magic that isn't documented doesn't mean no body else knows that magic.  Magical secrets are highly guarded in this world, don't just hand them out for brownie points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Okay.

Study the portal and figure out how it works and how to manipulate it.

This way I can at least duplicate it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Hey Dantal."
"What do you-"
"Summon Portal."
"Nooooooooooooo-!" *slurp*

:D

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ooo!

Does the Archeologist Guild subscribe to the Unseen University's methodology of promotion?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well, if they're ascribing to the "Harass your lessers, steal credit for their accomplishments, and then kick them out on the street" approach, I don't see why not.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13