Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 46356 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 2, Flying Rocks and Toilet Cleaners
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »

Also, Irony, I didn't even realize that our characters were so similar.  Doh.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2012, 01:45:37 pm »

No, you can't roll a one, unless you get some type of negative modifier for it.  Which may happen if you roll a six then roll a one.  (One for casting, one for the effect the spell does.  Actually, just two sixes would probably get the job done.)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2012, 01:50:30 pm »

Oh and to being killed this early on... probably not going to happen.  I won't do any deus ex machina's, but hopefully any character death won't be happening for a long time.  There's a difference between hard, and unfairly hard.  You guys are pretty weak, any person with even a 3/10 in a combat magic could probably kill you, unless you're just ungodly lucky with rolls.  I'll make your enemies hard, not unfair.  You can probably die if you do something stupid though.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:52:23 pm by Baradine »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2012, 03:00:06 pm »

Continue along, ask Talius if he knows anything about the next town.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2012, 03:11:07 pm »

I'm torn between wanting you guys to die horrible, gruesome deaths and wanting to see you accomplish your goals and go as far as possible....

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »

I'm torn between wanting you guys to die horrible, gruesome deaths and wanting to see you accomplish your goals and go as far as possible....
In my opinion, the latter is almost always more entertaining.

Also, Baradine, why am I a pedophile? Is that just the name for one who is unskilled in Tactus Regnum?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2012, 03:52:16 pm »

Because you like to touch people.

Its a touch based magic, you pervert.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, 04:47:08 pm »

This.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2012, 06:23:30 pm »

Go speak with this Dorian fellow, explain that I'm here to assist him.

Also, Irony, I didn't even realize that our characters were so similar.  Doh.
They're not that similar. Both archaological mind mages with foce push and magic missile, sure, but our stats and gear are totally different. Aside from both lacking in common sense, which is only natural for proper wizards.

This has made my day. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2012, 06:30:35 pm »

I just realized what all of these wizards are missing; sausages and fine cheeses.  You really can't be a wizard without those. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 07:05:16 pm »

Plus, if I branch out, it'll be toward ranged lightning (because flinging lightning bolts is totally awesome no matter what kind of mage you are.)

And common sense isn't useful as a mage- it was my dump stat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 07:11:38 pm »

Yeah, it's more useful for psychics and healers.  And I guess no one wanted to be psychic.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:16:12 pm by Baradine »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2012, 07:17:58 pm »

Waiting for Tiruin, I already have every else's rolls done.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2012, 09:56:10 pm »

((Sorry there, timezone trouble  :P))

Kira looks her opponent in the eye and spreads her hands out, both wielding a staff and shield, and begins.

Cast Solers Inficio on weapon, followed up by Complexo Ventus {Weak Air Shift} to move near and bash to the lower body using the staff.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:58:27 pm by Tiruin »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2012, 12:25:49 am »

Turn 3

Holy crap, this roll...

It gets kinda awesome.

Continue following Talius while practicing Homing Weapon on rocks.

You continue to practice your Homing Weapon on rocks.  | Your spell mastery improves.  +2 to Homing Weapon, +1 to Inficio Ignotus.

| You soon come across two stereotypical bandits on a bridge.  Two stereotypical bandits on a bridge badly dressed up as toll collectors, in fact.  The "Toll Collector" holds out his arm in a stop gesture, and says,

"Uh, This 'ere's bridge's got a tax, set by the King 'imself.  It'll cost you, uh... two gold pieces to cross!  Per person!"

Talius steps forward and says, "Two gold pieces?  That is a far too expensive tax, I refuse to pay... bandit."

The bandit chuckles and throws off his poor disguise, along with his partner. | You spot two more bandits coming out of some brush by to your sides, and loudly yell out that they are there.

Talius sighs and mumbles about some people not understanding how combat works.

"Guess the jig's up, eh?" The bandit says, "But yer not very smart, are yeh?  If ya would've just played ignorant and payed the tax, you wouldn't 'ave had to die, would ya?"

Talius looks back at you and your compatriots and says, "You guys take care of this.  You need the experience, and I need to conserve energy in case we come across any real foes."

Combat Starts Next Round

Practice using cure minor wounds on Nirathi's burn.

| You do absolutely nothing, other than look silly waving your arms around Nirathi's wound.

His wound will have to come later, though, as you look like you have to take care of some incompetent bandits.

Practice the precise application of force via Weak Push to assist with sanitary maintenance.

| You start to clean up the bathrooms, using your Weak Push spell to help you.  You are very good at your task, but it starts to get boring.  Very boring.  So you decide to mix up how you use your spell, targeting dust particles smaller and smaller.  You start at the millimeter level, but you start working down to nanometres, then yoctometres.  Soon, you're down to atoms, protons, then electrons, and in no time at all, you start on the quantum level.  Quark by quark, you move the dust.  However, playing with quantum physics is a very, very bad idea.  You move a quark, and all of a sudden, the space in front of you rips in two, creating a portal!  The portal is four feet tall and three feet wide, big enough for a man to crawl into.  You hear some very strange sounds coming from the portal.  You have discovered Regnum Prodigium, Portal Magic!  It is a Realm magic, governed by Wisdom.  You gain +2 experience to Regnum Prodigium.  You gain +5 to mastery of Weak Push and +5 experience to Ianus Somes.  You master Weak Push! You gain the bonus of: You can push foes several feet away, at fast enough velocity to possibly break a bone.  You gain a level in Ianus Somes! You now get a +1 bonus to Level 0 spells of that category.  You gain the title Lame Arcanist. +2 to Mind Magic experience.  +3 to Ianus experience

Continue along, ask Talius if he knows anything about the next town.

Talius answers in the negative.

The point will be moot anyways if you don't defeat the bandits.

Go speak with this Dorian fellow, explain that I'm here to assist him.

You go up to Dorian and tell him that you're his assistant at the dig.

"So you're the one I'm babysitting.  Alright then, let's go.  We're going to have Matellian Teleport us there."

Dorian gets up and leaves the room, with you following.  You arrive at a room completely white except for a black pavilion in the center.  There is a man standing in the pavilion.

"Are you here to be teleported?  Of course you are, why else would you be here.  Where to?"

Dorian heads up to the pavilion, you right behind, saying, "The Dantool Dig in Ggryymirr."

Matellian winces at the name Ggryymirr, and says, "Tough show.  Don't die, okay?"

Dorian merely grunts, and Matellian puts his hands on both of your shoulders, and starts chanting.  You soon feel the world swirling around you violently and unpleasantly.  Uncommon to popular belief, teleporting is not instant, and it nearly takes a minute to get there.  | Your stomach seems to handle itself though, as you don't become nauseated.

|  You appear three feet above the ground, positioned parallel to it.  You fall down painfully, | but you are fairly unhurt.  Dorian is standing above you, having landed without all the hubbub.  You stand up as well, feeling embarrassed.

"Come on, we have work to do."

Kira looks her opponent in the eye and spreads her hands out, both wielding a staff and shield, and begins.

Cast Solers Inficio on weapon, followed up by Complexo Ventus {Weak Air Shift} to move near and bash to the lower body using the staff.

Combat!

(I assume you mean Imbue Minor Melee?) | You Imbue your weapon, and it glows incredibly powerfully, and seems to shake in your hand.  To your immense surprise, the staff starts to talk,

"What the hell is going on here?".

| You are able to brush off the shock of the weapon suddenly speaking, and try to cast Complexo Ventus as well |.  You perform it expertly, | taking him by extreme surprise!  You gain an attack of opportunity, and you try to strike him in the stomach || but all you are able to accomplish is a clip in the side ||, which sends the staff back at your face with incredible velocity, ||, which merely hits you painfully in the face, eliciting a loud "Ouch" from both you and the staff.

Djork: | Djork Counter attacks, swinging ferociously at your head, but the wooden axe seems to fly out of his grip, still headed straight for you!

+10 to Solers Inficio experience.  +3 to Body Magic experience.  +2 to Complexo Ventus Expereince. +4 to Elementus experience.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13