Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 46357 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 1, Guild Hazing
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:13 am »

Sorry.  I looked at char's and thought Zerus was a girl name without checking.  And what lead elf?  There's only one there, not counting Thraktor.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 02:42:08 am »

Exactly. The lead elf, not the Thraktor one. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 02:51:25 am »

Ah.  There seems to have been a bit of miscommunication, as I thought there would be no reason for you to follow Thrakor.  For some reason I keep posting it as Thraktor, though.  Need to break that habit.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2012, 07:11:51 am »

Follow Talius. Practice cure minor wounds on Nirathi
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:18:00 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2012, 09:44:20 am »

Force bolt the jerk elf's teeth through his frontal lobe  With nothing better to do, follow along.  Observe the surroundings in an attempt to locate the library.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2012, 09:51:40 am »

Follow along. Practice casting Homing Weapon on rocks during the journey.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2012, 11:21:41 am »

Turn 2

Kira tightened her grip on her staff. She wasn't happy at how Djork regarded her, but she had to find out if she was cut out for real battle first.

"I'd like to test my skills first, just to make sure I'm fit enough."

Agree to...babysitting.

You agree to get in a little practice before you go out.  Djork scowls at you and says, "Feh, how pathetic.  Follow me."

You follow Djork to the training room, and he clears the area of any combatants.  He takes of his battle axe, and picks up a wooden one.  He stands off from you and says, "There is only one rule, you must use nonlethal techniques (-1 to any attack you use, damage and rolls).  Other than that, go ahead."

You nod, bow, and get ready for the start of the spar.  The referee waves his hand, and the battle starts!

Combat Begins Next Round.

Follow Talius, ask how far we are from our destination.

You begin after Talius, and when you catch up, ask how far it is to your destination.  He looks at you and replies, "Not very far.  The next town shouldn't be too far away, and then  we can see if we can get either another carriage ride or someone to teleport us."

You nod your head and begin to walk alongside your fellow mages.

Continue following elf. The lead elf, not the other one.

"If I might ask," Zerus finally said, following with his arms clasped behind his back, "what is your rank here? Do you have a specialty as far as magic is concerned?"

You follow the pretentious elf, and ask him what his rank his, and what he specializes in.

| He completely ignores your presence and says, "I'd rather not tell someone I just met.

Follow Talius.

You are able to complete your task with record efficiency.

Force bolt the jerk elf's teeth through his frontal lobe  With nothing better to do, follow along.  Observe the surroundings in an attempt to locate the library.

You are to be the better man, and ignore the elf.  You follow him, looking for a library of some sort | But all you can find is a stinky bathroom.

As you are walking along, the elf takes you to an extremely large room, filled with all sorts of beings.  The elf stops and tells you about it.

"This, is the Grand Hall of Archaeology.  It is connected so several other rooms, including our library, which is the largest in the world.  Other than this room and your sleeping quarters, you will not really need to go anywhere else.  If you do, though, there is a map on the wall to the left,"

The elf claps his hands together and says, "Alrighty then, time for missions!  Usually, we would let our new members take a while to get settled before taking on missions, but I think you're up to the task,"

He looks at Zerus, taking out a sheet that seems to be filled with missions.

|  "For Zerus, your first mission is to accompany Dorian over there," He gestures over to an elf sitting in the corner, "To an archeological dig, and help him in any way you can,"

He turns to you, still looking at his sheet.

| "For Thrakor, your first mission is to...." he looks up and smirks wildly at this,"Clean all the bathrooms in the guild.  I believe you had already found one earlier, so that should make your task quick as can be!"

Before you have a chance to reply, he slips away.

Follow along. Practice casting Homing Weapon on rocks during the journey.

You follow Talius, picking up rocks and practicing your Homing Weapon enchant on them

|  You enchant your rocks so well that they home in on you! | |  You easily deflect the rocks.  This may have been a fiasco, but you still performed your training rather well.  +2 to Homing Weapon level.  +2 to experience to next level in Inficio Ignotus.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 2, Flying Rocks and Toilet Cleaners
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2012, 11:58:45 am »

I'd thought about practicing on my companions' weaponry. It's probably for the best that I didn't.

Continue following Talius while practicing Homing Weapon on rocks.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2012, 12:04:22 pm »

Yes, it was a very good idea that you didn't, because then you would have lost the roll and been stabbed in the thigh, right in the femoral artery.  And, if you didn't get to a town quick enough (Ochita's healing magic wouldn't have been able to help enough), you may have died.  So good call.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2012, 12:16:16 pm »

Practice using cure minor wounds on Nirathi's burn.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2012, 12:59:03 pm »

I hate when I bleed out from a quarterstaff to the femoral artery on turn 3.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2012, 01:07:28 pm »

Oh, believe me, this is an RTD.  You could be eating cheerios and randomly explode with a bad enough roll.  I can, and will, stab you in the thigh with a blunt weapon, and you will like it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2012, 01:26:16 pm »

Better than the last mage RTD, where I was one-shot by an orc on turn two.

Practice the precise application of force via Weak Push to assist with sanitary maintenance.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2012, 01:37:35 pm »

Oh god.  I hope you don't roll a 1, cause shit will get real.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2012, 01:41:21 pm »

Literally.

(I shouldn't be able to roll a 1 thanks to my 19 int, right?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13