Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40694 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 13]
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2012, 05:27:41 pm »

Continue on with the worm mutating and the digging and the sinister scheming. Add an evil laugh as the worms begin to bore into the floor for good measure.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2012, 04:26:17 am »

((Waiting on Talarion and Caellath to make a move.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2012, 06:47:29 am »

Verace:

Shrug, look for a neaby blacksmith, borrow his workshop and work on finishing the finer details of my armor.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2012, 03:12:41 pm »

Continue on with the worm mutating and the digging and the sinister scheming. Add an evil laugh as the worms begin to bore into the floor for good measure.

Why am I reminded of Tremors?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2012, 09:01:23 pm »

Stab Ast in the face.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2012, 01:45:58 am »

Um, before I set down the post. What does a 7 or 8 do? A 0 or negative roll?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2012, 02:18:32 am »

Whatever you feel they ought to as a GM.

In my case (ridiculous treasure rolls bonus) I believe it was just even more awesome than a 6 would be, without any noticeable downsides to said awesomeness. Presumably it'd follow a similar pattern into abysmal failure for 0 or lower, but it's your call.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2012, 02:27:59 am »

In my case (ridiculous treasure rolls bonus) I believe it was just even more awesome than a 6 would be, without any noticeable downsides to said awesomeness. Presumably it'd follow a similar pattern into abysmal failure for 0 or lower, but it's your call.

with a 0...Let me put it this way, if that would happen to Talarion, that would mean Ast would backhand him through the wall of the inn out sending him through the other side and into the house next to it.  So in other words, what the fuck roll.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2012, 03:41:07 am »

with a 0...Let me put it this way, if that would happen to Talarion, that would mean Ast would backhand him through the wall of the inn out sending him through the other side and into the house next to it.  So in other words, what the fuck roll.

If that's just a zero imagine how horrible it is if you manage negative.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2012, 04:07:42 am »

Turn 14: Revelations upon
Revelations

Somewhere in the streets and open spaces of Caelondia

Pump the worms full of dark energy to make them grow and mutate. Order them to start
digging a tunnel in the warehouse.

Add an evil laugh as the worms begin to bore into the floor for good measure.
"Rise, carrion of the dead! Heed my command and dig! DIG!" cried Adil, gesturing at the worms that lay beneath him.

The worms squirm under the power of the Dwarf's word. They stop moving and sink slowly into the corpse. Few moments pass, and Adil feels part of his power leave him. Suddenly, the corpse explodes and showers the warehouse floor with blood and bile. Underneath what used to be a corpse, lay a grotesque mass of flesh, indiscernible from the floorboards. It looks like the worms did not take otherworldly energy well.

However, failure was the least of Adil's worries for as he looked upon the amalgam he could see strange pus like secretions exuding from it's membrane, melting away the wooden floor. A few undisturbed moments later, as it seems nobody had noticed the sound of the infusing, there is now a hole wide enough for a human to fit through. At the bottom of the hole lies the Mass of Flesh, still secreting corrosive bile.

~~~

Stab Ast in the face.
"C'mon, is that the best ye go-"
Without waiting for Ast to finish his monologue, Leon thrusts his Pike forward, aiming at the torso for greater effect. Ast smiles, as if prepared for the strike and readies his weapon while speaking. The sound of metal on metal echoes through the dimly lit streets, as the tip of the pike hits the haft of the Battleaxe.

"Basic rule of combat. Do not monologue."

With those words, Leon counterswings and uses the momentum of his pike to change it's direction midway through, slicing through the unarmored neckline and cutting the jugular!

Ast drops his Battleaxe and staggers backwards, pressing a hand to the mortal wound, emitting only brief sputters and chokes and he realizes death approaching. A holds up his free hand, most likely in an attempt to grab you despite the distance but falls to the ground in his own blood.

The last feeling Ast has, was of his own warm blood.
Spoiler: Ast (click to show/hide)

~~~
Shrug, look for a neaby blacksmith, borrow his workshop and work on finishing the finer
details of my armor.

Enidri looked at the wisp, and shook his head. Another one of those mist lights or a figment of his imagination, he guessed. He bent over and picked up the sack, stuffing in his belongings and proceeded to the gate.

A few steps out and the familiar smell of burning coal wafted through the street. Enidri looked to the east, the smithy was hidden in plain sight! As he approached the structure, the same wisp flies around him, stopping over certain points of his body and then darting forward to a new position, finally stopping over his left shoulder.

A rapping on the door was heard and was soon opened by a tall, burly man, clad in nothing but a black apron, leather pants and thick hide boots. He stands at the doorway and bends over to inspect Enidri at face level.

"Ye look like them traveling folk!" said he, clasping Enidri's shoulder with a gloved hand and following it up with a wide smile and straightening himself. "A pleasure. Forren Talbrin at your service. As it is late at night I usually don't do my services but-...I'll give you some leeway. Come inside, traveler."

The Smithy was a warm and welcoming place. The fires of the forge flickered and sparked as the two moved to a nearby table. After showing him his belongings, Forren removes his gloves and examines each piece. "Pretty much workable. Now, which one would you like repaired?"

"Forgive me, but I'd wish to use your forge as my own, being a Smith myself, I would-"

"Oho! A traveling Smith! If it wasn't for your friend here, I'd be reluctant to believe you there, but by all means. My hammer is yours and my forge I shall share!"

"Thank you, kind sir. Um, who is my friend?"

"Don't tell me you ignored your Wisp there. I may be an old smith, but I know those sorts of stuffing. A Wisp is generally a Spirit: benevolent or malevolent, depending on it's purpose. Thems are usually natural types. Now, I won't be rude and question you as to how you got yours but I say, they are wondrous beings." Forren said, noting the lightball move about erratically overhead. Now, I'll be off for the night. I expect this place to be just the way I left it, but without pay of course. I'm not one to deny a fellowman his work.

. . .

Hours pass, and even in the dark of night, Enidri finishes his work. He stands and stretches his muscles from his labor. The heat of the hearth relaxing them, easing his recovery.

He turns to the anvil to admire his work: a single set of copper plating that could cover his whole body if utilized properly.It looks durable enough to sustain blunt attacks from rudimentary weaponry. A bit more work could've made it better, but this would do in the meantime.

In the slaver town of Gin

Both the Fish Horde and I shall look for cargo ships carrying the Roaring Wheels'
flags.
When we find one, circle it and try to assess the ship's dangerousness and value in
loot.

Quote from: Except from the book: Histories of the Land
Gin; City

Aptly named from it's inhabitants, this sprawling metropolis serves as both a seaport and a trading zone for much of the continent's people. Wide harbors and dry docks, both allowing the passage of large trade freighters and Caravels, dot the beachfront. It's populace, though, is mostly made up of the commonfolk: traders and merchants among the rest.

However, it is also a melting pot of smugglers and slavers. As a city, it's sewage system stretches from the walls of the City gates, across the adjacent river and throughout the whole area ending at the seaside. A magnificent construct of architects and engineers. One which certain unscrupulous groups have found wise to stay in as their own 'safehouses', divided into different sectors with code known only to their factions. Caution is advised for anyone traveling at night in Gin, for even the local Militia has problems in keeping their more 'colorful' citizens in check.

Ima strode through the gate after getting clearance from the annoyed guard, woken up at this late hour. Keeping a hand on the hilt of her Cutlass, she made her way to the dock, where she was re-united with her Companions.

Gazing across the harbor, No ship bearing the Roaring Wheels' flag or any insignia resembling such could be seen. Even if it were day, those symbols could easily be discerned, as the harbor watch usually kept their clients heavily guarded by hired mercenaries or the ship's own crew. Though, much of the ships here do not look like part of the King's military. Trade ships, at the most.

The sea breeze refreshes Ima, reminding her much of her home. A paper flies into her from the breeze, tattered and old, the ink looks fairly new. Judging by how it still bleeds into the paper.

Quote from: What is written on that paper?
Montago,

On Second Watch I follow the Pole. The northern light in the heaven. For neath the waves my secret is known, in the dank places it shall be awoken.

Bring your friends.

D.

~~~
Meanwhile, in the shady town of Blackmarsh

Go back to mages, report complete success at displacing thieves.

Shalla smiled as she approached the Guild door, striding up to one of the Guards at the gate and presenting him with proof that her mission was a total success. With a curt nod, the man lets you in.

Through hallways made of marble, supported by wooden beams of Oak and Pine, Shalla makes her way towards what the Guard pointed out as the Guild Hall. As she opens the doors, her arrival couldn't be better. The door slams shut behind her, covering the whole room in darkness. There were no windows, strangely.

A few moments later, the place is lit in a blue, eerie glow. Turning back to the door, the human finds that it is covered in archaic glyphs and strange scrawl which she cannot recognize. Shalla is alone, as her companions are on the other side of the door and unable to pass.

"You have passed our simple test, I see." a voice said. It sounded low and deep, much like one used to rhythmic chanting yet not monotone in pitch. "Shalla Halfdark. Daughter of a common man and wielder of the azure flame, I take it?

"State your purpose. How strange it is, for our Guild to accept a novice with power enough to deal with a group of thieves and brigands which even the local guard is harried to deal with."

~~
Summon the spirit of a Dead Knight

Zakroff observes the spirit, it was just floating there without doing anything substantial. Musing to himself, reminded of the rumors, maybe this was a sign of greater things to come?

He approached the windowsill, absently knocking the candle down and out into the streets below. He held up his arms and stretched them out wide, staring at the Dark spirit in front of him. There was no sign of people below his area, so it wouldn't hurt to experiment, he guessed.

"Spirit! Can you understand me?"

The wisp stopped hovering and floated closer to him, exuding an aura of malevolence and heat. Suddenly, it darted through his torso, but left no mark in it's passing. Zakroff turned around to see the spirit bobbing up and down on his only chair.

"Hmmm ... quite interesting, maybe if I try this ..."

Zakroff remembered one of his marks, a rich Noble whose name he had forgotten. A Noble who, having a squad of well armored knights at his command, died of a 'heartattack' one night, leaving much at loss for his relatives and neighbors. He drew himself up and straightened his gait; rubbing his fingers with their own sweat in anticipation. If the rumors were right, then he could be able to use this spirit to his will.

In an act just like one of the Wandering Wizards, he uses his arms to gesticulate and copy most of what he knew, adding a bit of his own flair to the combination.

Moments pass, the only light in the room being from the moon. Zakroff stops and bends over to catch his breath after ten whole minutes of doing so. He looked up to see the effect.

Minutes come and go, and Zakroff watches the wisp intently. It is only by a glint of light behind him that he notices that nothing is on the chair, the wisp had vanished entirely!

Turning around to close the windows for the night, he comes face to face with a suit of armor, or that is what he could fathom, if it wasn't bathed in bright white light. The suit looked as if it was made of full plate, the armor used by knights and Nobles, covering the whole body from top to bottom. Ornately made; the trim had an archaic tone to it as it glowed gold in the moonlight. Strangely, there was no sign of heraldry or a coat of arms or any insignia at all.

Zakroff blinked. The helmet was enclosed on all sides, with no opening for it's owner. He leaned closer, tapping it in places that would prove it to be sentient. Which it proves by quickly unsheathing it's longsword and bashing the poor man with the pommel of it's blade, knocking him back onto the wall! (-10hp)

"Stand forth and proclaim thine name, fiend! Fere, or foe? Who hath awaken me from my slumber? I wist mine end had come, yet I speak and breathe once more!" the being said in highly accented gothic. It's words were not silenced by the helmet, but it seemed to be amplified by it and shook the walls of the hut. The force of the voice could be felt through Zakroff's bones.

It levels it's blade at the only being in sight, poising as if ready to strike at him, but waiting for a response. No expression could be gleaned, due to his helmet covering his face.

Spoiler: Venerable Knight (click to show/hide)

~~
examine the dog.
Tyver looked at the creature and bent down to inspect it.

"Hey there boy, you look mightily joyful to see a stranger like me, eh?"

The dog barked in response, "Oh yes I do!"

Tyver lets out a small yelp before grabbing his pike and leveling the blade at the thing. "You-You can t-...was that you?!"

The dog shakes off it's cloak, revealing nothing but bone and sharp fangs and. "Yes I speak. You're my new master! For Lightbane!"

The dog-thing then begins to relate it's tale of Lightbane noisily and jovily; what it is and how the dog is now bonded to Tyver, strangely.

The stories were true then. In his small cadre, Tyver heard rumors of magic and sorcery spreading throughout the lands. Those who had the power to even call on those forces carried a double-edged sword over their head. Immense power, but their effects would be disastrous in the wrong hands.

And he just earned himself one of it's creations.

"Oy! Whats with all the racket!"

Tyver turns around and hears the footsteps of a man heading down the tavern stairs. It is the local scullion. A worker of the tavern.

"Hey, another friend of yours?" the dog pipes up.

Spoiler: Undead Dog (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH ; Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion ; Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf ; Zakroff Alzar (click to show/hide)

Comments, suggestions and criticism is very much needed.

Is everyone OK with acronyms? For me, I've hidden rolls in the words under acronyms. Is it true that in all computers, a dotted line is seen? Just making sure that is the case.

Also, turn held up because I couldn't find that one word that is needed in description. Very sorry.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:36:09 am by Tiruin »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2012, 06:20:50 am »

Leon grins slightly as he sees the enemy die... and he raises his hand in a claw before him face, as dark energy started to flicker around him. "Now, Ast... ARISE! Be proof of what happens to those that defy me!" He said as he poured the dark energy into the corpse before him!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2012, 06:21:29 am »

Enidri:

Verace blinked twice. Someone had stolen most of his belongings whilst he was asleep, because he was sure there were some material and items missing...Namely steel, his weapons and the rest of the armor.

Check belongings, leave the place and look for the thief.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:41:58 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2012, 08:58:14 am »

Comments as required:
Your style of writing provides the players with a sufficient number of details. In other words, your writing's good and I haven't been able to notice any significant issues with it.
I believe all new browsers support acronyms. I haven't heard anyone complain about acronyms for more than a year in this subforum.
Also, I just found out that the Fish Horde doesn't have the +1 to attack and defense from the clouds made on Turn 11. Asking to fix this.

As she approached, Ima noticed with surprise that there was no temple anymore in the City of Gin. In the past days, one could see the City's temple miles away: a metal-clad, spike-covered tower of black stone with a red fire on top of it, often serving as a lighthouse for those unwise enough to approach the city in bad weather.
The city itself seems to have changed for the better in the few decades after Ima's last visit: there was not a single paper on the wall devoted to the 'glory of the Old Lord Imidi' or one of his silly, dwarf-like laws; indeed, it almost seemed as if the city, while less than pristine in the ethics department, no longer bore that strangling mood of fear and decay that was all too common in the Roaring Wheels back under Imidi's rule.
In other words, the wretched scum of Roaring Wheels was finally free from its demonic oppressor... which, while not making the kingdom's scum any less wretched, suggested the possibility that its slave community grew complacent and wasn't prepared for an all-out necromancer's attack on the place. Ima decided to put off sieging the city until she got a better look at it; instead, she turned her attention on the mysterious note that oh so subtly slapped into her face a few moments ago.

Ima had no idea what the Second Watch may possibly be if not a metaphor for two hours past midnight, but she sure knew what 'northern light in the heaven' stood for: it meant the Brightest Star, an informal deity of the slave community, pointing north without fault and telling the escaped slaves where they should run. As for where exactly the place in question was... 'neath the waves' and 'dank places' suggested a seaside location, probably a grotto, probably with underwater access to it.
Thus, Ima deduced, whoever had written this letter will leave the city at two o'clock, most probably on a boat, in the northern direction, and probably to a seaside cliff of some sort. Armed with this knowledge, she gave her fish an order to look out for those signs and went to watch the City's northern gate for any suspicious travelers passing through.

Have my summons scour the coastline for any boats going North; stand watch at the city's northern gate in case whoever wrote this note decided to travel by foot.
When either of us find what we seek, call for my barracuda and follow the D. by air.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2012, 09:45:04 am »

"Forgive me Knight, I am a friend, and one in need of your blade. Your work is not yet quite done in this world, so once again you must walk these lands, help me and I will free you of this world if that is what you wish. I can even bind you here if that also be your wish, all I ask is for your help, I seek to destroy those who have power, and use it to harm others, I wish to wage a war against the world, and unite it as one, but for this I need your help, and I ask you will you pledge to me your blade?" Zakroff said as he looked at the Knight, this was what he needed, this being wass a powerful one, and he needed to destroy the corrupt, and unite this continent.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2012, 10:18:01 am »

empfan, stats on that flying Barracuda? I noticed it wasn't put in.
Also, talking is a free action, right?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 11:50:56 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13