Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40740 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 10: Bravely Ran Away]
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2012, 12:26:20 am »

Raise the merc that got insta-killed by the leader for running, and use it to distract the Big Merc while I sneak in attacks with my Brusher's Pike (Infused with necromantic magic, if I can)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2012, 07:07:51 am »

alright, post later today

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:28 pm »

[Turn 11: Learning and Cravens]

Caelondia Group:

Raise the merc that got insta-killed by the leader for running, and use it to distract the Big Merc while I sneak in attacks with my Brusher's Pike (Infused with necromantic magic, if I can)

(5) You summon the creature, not much of a difference from Hound (same type of giant as hound, including the ability to pick up certain items around the area.  It rises from the ground, and stares at Ast in the eye now, oh yeah, he wanted revenge. (6-6=0-2=-2)  It charges Ast and gets flipped into the air and stabbed downwardly (-20 damage)(while I'm at it, i'll explain negatives, -1 is -10 health, -2+ is -20+).  Ast raises his sword to stab again (4+2=6-4=2) but the mutated corpse rolls away and jumps back to his feet, giving a small grunt as he does so.

(2+1 from distraction=3) You manage to continue to sneak past as the corpse is beaten to a pulp. You (2) still manage to get off an attack! he notices you before you can attack.  He stops pounding on the corpse and turns toward you. (5) You empower the pike, it now gives off an extremely powerful chill (+2 to attack for 5 turns) (5+3=8-5=3-2=1) You charge Ast, who side steps and give you a small jab  to the side, nothing deadly though (-5 health).  He prepares to stab again (5+2=7-3=4) And manages to get a quick jab to the ribs, causing some moderate damage (-10 health, 15 overall)

Spoiler: Ast (click to show/hide)

Curse the entrance of the warehouse to cause very mild amnesia and a sense of apprehension, effectively making people forget why they came there and want to leave.
Wait to see how the Necromutation turns out.

(2) You fail to put a curse on the warehouse but luckly no one will probably pass by anyways.  The man screams asking you to kill him, but you just watch as the necromutation progresses it's course. (2) You fail to learn anything before the man dies, giving a small whimper as he does so.

Rename the Healing Wisp > Anima

Re-take that test!

Send Anima with Fluffy. Make sure Fluffy is well covered and send him roaming around town, searching for something useful or something useful to do.

Test: Say my Wisp (Ignis) is my light source (then apologize when out of earshot to it).

Do not forget to write own name on the correct part of the paper.

Greet Sam.

You tell the Wisp that his new name is Anima, and continue on to re-take the test. (5) You pass with flying colors,even remembered to write your own name! You are given access to every place in the library, including the Archives.

Look for a book on meditation. Better control over my magic should help me with body magic.

(4)  You manage to find the book in the tome section of the library, and find one of the reading rooms to practice in. (2) Even with this book, you are unable to succeed the first time.

Blackmarsh Group:

Summon a cloud of vile smoke capable of turning any living being it touches into a Vile Smoke Thrall. Seal it between the individual fish of my Swarm, like a three-dimensional net stretching and shrinking along with the Swarm's formation.
The Swarm will then venture deeper into the ocean to find and enthrall me a sperm whale.

(3) You manage to get the smoke around with some moderate success, it mixes with the black smoke they are already emanating.  The fish each now have their own smoke, giving them a deadly shroud. (extra +1 to dodge, and a +1 to attack)

"Well no, but seeing as I have a pet hippo, servant, and three apprentices, I don't think I'll have to.

The real question is what you're willing to do for it."

Hound, the hippo, and the apprentices step to their master's side dutifully, hoping to intimidate the thieves.  (4) Two drop their knives and run for it, but the first one stays, and manages to keep a hold  on his knife.  "You don' scare me, now brin' it on!

Spoiler: 1x Thieves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:11:48 pm by empfan »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2012, 10:08:17 pm »

:o

So...our other actions went where?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2012, 04:47:49 am »

>.> Have my Mutated Corpse obtain a misc. weapon from the area and attack Ast, order my rats to use their fear spell on Ast, and use Necromancy to slow him down or hold/immobilise him in place, so it's easier to hit him.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2012, 05:27:19 am »

Oh, now I see it. Its all in a messed up spoiler.

Check in the Archives about ancient lore. Search for books referencing to one called "Lightbane" and on "Crand Nightbane".

If possible, try to advance my knowledge on both white and black magic.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:21 am »

Ima just remembered there simply aren't any whales near the Blackmarsh. Perhaps she would have to content her appetites with a normal-looking ship until she got to the northern oceans. For now, Ima needed to get an army of undead to answer Lightbane's call...
Ima's plan was to attack her 'home' kingdom, Roaring Wheels, the demon-worshipping theocracy where slavers and murderers walk free while good people are worked to death in slave pits. Ima didn't have any issues with killing vile, rotten-to-the-core bastards that made up the kingdom's citizenry - especially if they were priests.

Buy a boat and travel to the Roaring Wheels, stopping at the nearest port city in that kingdom.
As soon as we arrive, order my fish to swarm the city's temple and turn their cloud outputs to the max, drowning anyone inside in thick vile smoke.

Defiling the city's temple was a common wake-up call for the Roaring Wheels' slave communes, a message that there's not going to be a single living soul spared in the attack and that anyone who wants to live must run. That might have been an abhorrent strategy from a normal society's point of view, but savage cultures call for savage measures. If you can't get out of the city in time, you'd be a liability to the groups of runaway slaves later on, and liberators would rather kill slow people on the spot than compromise the fast ones' flight.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:35:56 am by HmH »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2012, 07:44:19 am »

Shake head in disappointment and place an illusion over myself so people don't recognize me. Look around for earth worms.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 29, 2012, 03:09:17 pm »

Hound bashes thief to hippo, who bounces him up into the air, where I give him a nonfatal blast of dark magic.

Then I loot their stuff and tell the mage's guild they've been dealt with.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 29, 2012, 03:18:36 pm »

god dammit. FIXED!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 11: Learning and Cravens]
« Reply #115 on: February 29, 2012, 03:23:57 pm »

Get impatient with the useless books and burn everything with black fire.

Restrain my sudden pyromania and try again to focus on the meditation exercises.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »

May I have a spot in the waitlist?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just wonder if I can play a character that is not (and has no interest in) shooting  black bolts from Hell at the enemies and controlling armies of undead.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:09:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »

Done with less-than-witty titles

TURN 12

Caelondia Group:

Get impatient with the useless books and burn everything with black fire.

Restrain my sudden pyromania and try again to focus on the meditation exercises.

(1) You fail. Badly. You get into such a rage you burn down the section of the library your in, the guards will be here shortly.  You also manage to get out with only moderate burns (-10). Somehow Tyrin wasn't caught in the flames, so he continues his business there.

Oh, now I see it. Its all in a messed up spoiler.

Check in the Archives about ancient lore. Search for books referencing to one called "Lightbane" and on "Crand Nightbane".

If possible, try to advance my knowledge on both white and black magic.

(3) You manage to find out things that you already knew about Crand, but the Society that he was in turns out to be an ancient cult known as the Society of the Crypt, they're first leader, As Lightbane.  He was around since the beginnings of time, so it says.  He was betrayed after a large revolt for the cult felt he was growing too powerful, and trapped his soul in a grimoire.  You also find out the body he took was of the old necromancer's that turned hero, the one that trapped his soul.

(3) While reading the books, you learn more about dark magic, and can now more efficiently use it in and out of combat (+1 to dark magic rolls)

(3) You also manage to learn more about the white magic, mostly healing and body modifications, but it's still useful in the end. (+1 to white magic rolls)

Shake head in disappointment and place an illusion over myself so people don't recognize me. Look around for earth worms.

(4) You manage to put on a fairly decent illusion, no one will be able to recognize you.

>.> Have my Mutated Corpse obtain a misc. weapon from the area and attack Ast, order my rats to use their fear spell on Ast, and use Necromancy to slow him down or hold/immobilise him in place, so it's easier to hit him.

(2) The corpse is unable to find any actual things around the area to use, but he continues on to attack Ast. (3-5=-2) Ast does a sliding kick that sends the corpse crashing to the ground and quickly jumps to his feet, ready to kill it. (6+2=8-2=6) He stabs the creature in between the eyes, causing it to die instantaneously

(3) Your rats begin to pump out a decent amount of the fear spell, which causes Ast to become slightly nervous. (-1 to all rolls)

You prepare a spell to immobilize or slow down Ast (3) and he begins to become slightly sluggish, and begins to slowly begins to slow down (-1 to all rolls each turn)

"A-Alright, time for you to die! (4+2-2=4-4=0+1=1) Ast begins to charge but the magic begins to work on him, and the fear spell is not helping at all, you see a chance to attack him without his begin able to stop you (3) You stab him, but even in is sluggish state he can still dodge the blow, but still earns a small cut to the side (-5)

Health: 40/70 (Moderate Bleeding)
Inventory:Steel Battleaxe (+2 attack modifier) | Metal-reinforced leather armour (+2 defense and dodge modifier)[/spoiler]

Blackmarsh Group:

Ima just remembered there simply aren't any whales near the Blackmarsh. Perhaps she would have to content her appetites with a normal-looking ship until she got to the northern oceans. For now, Ima needed to get an army of undead to answer Lightbane's call...
Ima's plan was to attack her 'home' kingdom, Roaring Wheels, the demon-worshipping theocracy where slavers and murderers walk free while good people are worked to death in slave pits. Ima didn't have any issues with killing vile, rotten-to-the-core bastards that made up the kingdom's citizenry - especially if they were priests.

Buy a boat and travel to the Roaring Wheels, stopping at the nearest port city in that kingdom.
As soon as we arrive, order my fish to swarm the city's temple and turn their cloud outputs to the max, drowning anyone inside in thick vile smoke.

Defiling the city's temple was a common wake-up call for the Roaring Wheels' slave communes, a message that there's not going to be a single living soul spared in the attack and that anyone who wants to live must run. That might have been an abhorrent strategy from a normal society's point of view, but savage cultures call for savage measures. If you can't get out of the city in time, you'd be a liability to the groups of runaway slaves later on, and liberators would rather kill slow people on the spot than compromise the fast ones' flight.

(1) You are unable to find any ships that you find available, but you begin to look around for a map and realize that the town is still nearby.  What to do, what to do...

Hound bashes thief to hippo, who bounces him up into the air, where I give him a nonfatal blast of dark magic.

Then I loot their stuff and tell the mage's guild they've been dealt with.

(5+2=7-5=2) He dodges the first blow, but manages to dodge right into the hippo (3-2=1) And he attempts to stab the hippo in the thigh, but the ammount of non-rotten fat still makes the attack futile (-5) he gears up for another shot (2-5=-3) He quickly sees that attack was an idiotic move, but too late the hippo grabs him and starts to maul him savagely (5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 1) And he drops to the floor in a pool of blood with a sickening thud.  You take the knife and armor he had, and begin to search their hideout. (6) You find a mass of treasure and begin to loot it all, with this amount of treasure you could survive off of it for MONTHS (+3 to all treasure rolls for 10 turns)

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Right then, sick of normal RTD rolls, instead of 6 being overshot now, it's a 40 attack or major success instead. anything above for the roll, expect it to rain gold for all you know.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:59:40 am by empfan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 12]
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:30 pm »

Remember: Always lie about your pyromania on tests, so they won't catch you until after you burn everything.

Rapidly egress! Find some secluded area outside of town to practice in.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 12]
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2012, 08:07:29 pm »

Search around for some earthworms.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13