Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40816 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 04:46:23 pm »

The necromancer regenerated 5 health between the end of my action and the end of the turn?

Sam attempts to disrupt Crayon's control over the bone golem.
The kobold gets behind a gravestone to sneak.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 04:58:14 pm »

The necromancer regenerated 5 health between the end of my action and the end of the turn?

Right, that one was my fault, fixed it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 10:16:14 pm »

My dog is perfectly at 40/40 health. Joy!  :P

Tyrin tries to reflect the mist at any nearby hostile while Fluffy pounces on Crand, aiming for the hamstring.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 10:37:34 pm »

Skeleton, Horde of Fish: keep attacking the golem.
Ima: form the darkness into a garrote and strangle Crand with it.
Bat: plant itself at the back of Crand's head and flap at his ears to further disorient him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 01:59:45 am »

Well, that was a rather graceful save to a rather bizarre slipup. Calling my human a Hound, that is.

Also tanking the boss like a boss. :P

Hippo continues to attack!

Hound the Obviously Human grabs himself a tombstone!

I attempt to reinforce the hippo again!

And yeah, I knew I'd have to order him to grab a tombstone or whatever for him to do it, I just didn't realize it'd provide an actual combat bonus. I'm not actually sure what I thought it'd do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 03:15:55 pm »

right then, now we wait for Talarion to make his turn, and we'll hopefully do better

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 01:18:22 am »

Oh. Right.

Order my rats to attack Crand, yet again, while I throw dark bolts of energy at Crand.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:03 am »

[TURN 6:Blood Spitting Confusion]

Adil: Raise hands from the ground to grab and claw at Crand.
Noshtath: Charge Crand as he is grabbed.

(5-1=4) You manage to claw at Crand, and manage to give him some nasty cuts(-10 health) and you (6) were able to grab him, but he is squirming rather hard. (+1 to his dodge when Noshtath attacks)

(6-4=2) Noshtath seems to be a bit distracted, and does nothing.

Sam attempts to disrupt Crayon's control over the bone golem.
The kobold gets behind a gravestone to sneak.

(5-5=0) You were unable to disrupt Crand's control over the Golem!

(6) You Kobold rushes over to the grave, but in doing so, crand managed to spot him!(no sneak attacks allowed next turn)

My dog is perfectly at 40/40 health. Joy!  :P

Tyrin tries to reflect the mist at any nearby hostile while Fluffy pounces on Crand, aiming for the hamstring.

(4) you manage to get the mist off of you and on to (1) Crand! (Blind for two turns, same effects)

(3-3=0) Fluffy manages to get out of the small depression that the golem put him in, but he is unable to attack! He just limps towards him...pitifully.

Skeleton, Horde of Fish: keep attacking the golem.
Ima: form the darkness into a garrote and strangle Crand with it.
Bat: plant itself at the back of Crand's head and flap at his ears to further disorient him.

(5-6(-2)=1) The golem smashes the skeleton into the ground and (3(+1)-3=1) Misses. The skeleton then makes a jab at a joint with its hand, and manages to break one that connects to his right back leg! (-1 to dodge and attack as well as -5 health)

(3-1=2+3(for negatives against golem)=5) The Fish manage to disconnect another leg, the front left one, as well as do some massive damage to the rest of the golem!(-2 more to dodge and attack as well as -20 health)

(2) You fail to make a garrote, but you try to strangle Crand anyways. (5-2(-2 for blind)=5) You rush over to Crand and start choking him, you almost manage to get him to black out to finish the job before he manages to get you off. He begins wheezing for air (-2 to all dodge rolls for two turns)

1-2=-1+2=1) Crand, while gasping for air, still manages to get a shot off at the bat (-5 health).

Well, that was a rather graceful save to a rather bizarre slipup. Calling my human a Hound, that is.

Also tanking the boss like a boss. :P

Hippo continues to attack!

Hound the Obviously Human grabs himself a tombstone!

I attempt to reinforce the hippo again!

And yeah, I knew I'd have to order him to grab a tombstone or whatever for him to do it, I just didn't realize it'd provide an actual combat bonus. I'm not actually sure what I thought it'd do.

(5-1(-2)= 6!) The hippo charges and Crand, and begins to maul him furiously, but while doing so crand manages to let loose a black bolt while screaming, dealing just enough damage to get the hippo to stop chewing on him. (-5 health to hippo, -20 to Crand)

(5) Hound runs and grabs an extremely large tomb stone, perfect as a two handed weapon, it is in the shape of a cross (+3 to all attack rolls)

(2) you still fail at reinforcing the hippo.

Oh. Right.

Order my rats to attack Crand, yet again, while I throw dark bolts of energy at Crand.

(5-6(-2)=1) Crand does some damage to the rat horde, but only killed one (-5 health).

2-4(-2)=0) you and crand both start firing bolts at each other, but they always collide and nullify each other.

Crand begins to start spitting up large amounts of blood, and starts to stagger "I...I don't *cough* understand, how can they be this *cough* powerful?!"

"Oh simple, Crand, I'm just that good of a teacher, mixed with them all having a bit of talent, now, how about we finish this, hm?"  Crand starts to back away as Lightbane begins to un-sheath his greatsword, and (4) stabs Crand in the stomach, Killing him. The bone golem also begins to collapse into a large heap of bones, and then the rest of the graveyard is still.

Lightbane places a hand on Crand's skull, and begins to glow. He begins to transfer Crands knowledge of Necromancy to all of you (+2 to all reanimation, you can no longer fail!). "This is much more grave then I thought...The Society has found out of my reincarnation...Students, I have a task of you, when I call you again, come no matter what you are doing. From here we split off, for now. Go with each other if you want, or go alone, but remember, I shall call upon you once again."

With that, Lightbane walks off into an unknown horizon, into the wilderness.  You can head to Caelondia, the noble city, the village of Novisna, small and has some dotted unmarked graves lying around, Lyondia, the average town, or Blackmarsh, the shady little port town full of cut throats and mercenaries.

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Right then we'll free-roam for about 10 turns, then I'll call all of you back to the storyline, untill then good luck!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 08:24:02 am »

Empower Noshtath to be able to warp space when being ridden (Think boots of striding.), then head to Caelondia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 08:41:47 am »

Tyrin smiled as he strode through the streets, his loyal hound, Fluffy tagging along in it's cloak, making it look like some strange, wonderful dog than an animated...corpse.

He wondered if there was something else he could do. Maybe...risk a bit?

Infuse the dog with magic, focusing on vocalization in human words and wisdom. Then head to Caelondia

Edit: Just noticed, I'm still blind?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:01:16 am by Tiruin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 08:42:18 am »

I'll head to Caelondia. Along the way, I'll try to find a cloak to disguise my kobold.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 09:10:09 am »

Caelondia? Sounds like a place that's about to blow up, if you know what I mean.
I think I'll be better off learning to pirate in the Blackmarsh.

Take Crand's bone-reinforced robe, teach the fish to fill it as if they were a single body, so they can pass for a human when they're wearing the robe. Travel to the Blackmarsh.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:46:18 am by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 07:16:19 pm »

Caelondia... Isn't that the city/nation from Bastion? >.>

Head to Caelondia as well.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 09:49:55 pm »

Caelondia... Isn't that the city/nation from Bastion? >.>

Head to Caelondia as well.

Glad someone got the reference :D. I ran out of ideas, so I decided to use the name of the city from one of my top 3 indie games of all time.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2012, 12:53:44 am »

Bastion is freakin' awesome >.> I want to get a Brusher's Pike in Caelondia. WANT!

Possibly an Army Carbine too, because that was my favourite weapon combo.

Pretty please? :3

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13