Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40742 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [TURN 2: The Dead Walk]
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 01:47:06 am »

With that done, try to create necromantic fire. Like I did before by accident, but controlled. If I succeed, try to discern if it has special properties aside from burning things.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 10:26:23 am »

Rolls?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 03:50:50 pm »

As of yet, no. Waiting on IronyOwl

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 05:21:05 pm »

Ah crap, thought I'd posted already. My bad.

Reinforce hippo.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [TURN 4: A Heart breaking reunion.]
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 07:22:43 pm »

[TURN 4: A Heart breaking reunion.]

Interesting...

Tyrin shrugged and followed, his mind set on the path before him. His family, they wouldn't miss him, having already passed away with honor. Well, the canine now reminded him of one of the dogs he saw in a dream. It gave him joy to see it in the flesh-...erm, bone.

Search the trail going to the graveyard for anything useful, related to the dog.

(3)You found a little cloak to cover up the rotting parts, it'll look silly, but it'll stop people from freaking out the instant you walk into towns.

Ima didn't have a family or anything of the sort, but she also didn't want the city that housed her to suffer from her carelessness. If she wielded power enough to begin her own life, then she would gladly go into isolation. She did need some rest after seven decades of living in human lands, after all...
But that was in the future, Ima reminded herself. What mattered now is to make the fish into formidable fighters, so her fellow students would stop giving her mocking glares all the time. What do these young'uns know about life? Ima still remembered the grim tales about the zombie carp of old... they never failed to put unruly children into a state of terrified obedience. Maybe the world has changed, but some legends must live on!

Give the fish-horde an ability to breathe clouds of the same darkness that my shroud was made of.

(2) You failed to do anything, but while the others weren't looking, the Wraith did what you intended, making they now constantly excrete a black shroud that can hide them in combat (-1 to all attack rolls against the fish-horde).

In your mind, the Lightbane talks to you. Do not fret, Ima, you shall show them your true potential in time...oh yes, in time..."

Use a light absorption spell to make the kobold nearly invisible in low-light areas.

(2) You fail to do this, so the kobold is still the same, except maybe a little more rotten.

Practice channeling to increase the amount of dark energy held in the body at any one time.
(Because every necromancer needs glowy eyes of doom.)

(4) You now emanate darkness, your eyes now glow a pure blue with little whisps of it billowing out. It also happens whenever you start to chant dark incantations (+1 to all dark art combat rolls)

With that done, try to create necromantic fire. Like I did before by accident, but controlled. If I succeed, try to discern if it has special properties aside from burning things.

(3) You manage to create a ball of blue fire! It (roll for power 4) is sentient! It now starts to follow you around, squeaking and starts talking as it goes. Dark Whisp 20/20

Ah crap, thought I'd posted already. My bad.

Reinforce hippo.

(2) the hippo stays the same, you sigh and continue walking.

"We have arrived, my students. Its time we have a...lovely reunion with my friend, the hero that trapped me within my grimoire... " says Lightbane. He then starts to chant, and the door for a finely decorated tomb opens, and a sudden figure lumbers out. It is fully armoured, and has a greatsword equiped, everything made of the finest human steel. The figure starts to twitch and tries to make for its sword, but Lightbane stops it. "You no longer have the power to stop me, Viceryon, YOU.ARE.MINE!".

With that last word, Lightbane dissapates into a fog and envelops the corpse of Viceryon, making him unseeable. When the fog dissipates, they see that his dead and missing  flesh had regenerated, his armour turned pure black, and that his sword was now a blade of pure darkness, constantly shifting in his hand. The figure laughs " I AM REBORN!"

You all have already realize that this is Lightbane already, but thats not what is surprising you. A hooded figure steps out from behind the tomb, and a colossal Bone Golem (Idea be kisame12794) with him. "Oh, quite the show, Lightbane, quite the show!" The hooded figure laughs. "Ahhhhh, so the Society has already found out about my resurrection, have they, apprentice necromancer?" Lightbane queries towards the necromancer. The man laughs. "I shan't be an apprentice for long, bringing you in will bump me right up to master!" he laughs. "Yes...too bad you die where you stands. Er, students, it appears its time for your first test...kill this man and his golem would you?". "You dare mock me by sending your STUDENTS?! I AM CRAND NIGHTBANE, PREPARE TO DIE!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Necromancer Crand (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bone Golem (click to show/hide)

Player: Nirur Torir
Name:Sam McFrederickson
Health: 100/100
Inventory:
Companions: Undead Kobold
Health:40/40 (stealth unit, +1 for stealth rolls)

Player: IronyOwl
Name: Shalla Halfdark
Inventory:
Companions: Undead Hippo
Health:40/40,
Undead Human
Health: 40/40(can use misc. heavy items around area, adding to combat roll)

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Adil Borushdumat
Health: 100/100 (+1 to all dark arts)
Inventory:
Companions: Undead alligator
Health: 40/40(+1 Combat modifier, mountable)

Player: HmH
Name: Ima Erifithili
Inventory:
Companions:Demonic Bat (non-combat),
Undead swarm of Fish
Health: 40/40 (can walk on land, can shroud themselves in darkness for +1 to dodge)

Player: Tiruin
NAME: Tyrin Karos
Inventory:
Companions: Undead Dog
Health: 40/40 (+1 combat modifier)

Player: Talarion
NAME: Leon Jyos
Inventory:
Companions: Horde of Rats
Health: 40/40 (equiped with a fear spell)
Dark Whisp:
Health: 20/20 (Sentient, cannot burn out untill dead)

Right then, heres how combat is going to go: You make a command for your companions and yourself, and multiple units of the same type stack, so if you have two undead humans with 40/40 health, then you now have 2x undead humans with 80/80 health.

Right then, time to ring the bell and begin the boss fight!

DING DING DING!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 07:32:18 pm »

Kobold sneaks up on and backstabs Crayon.
I attempt to counter Crayon's magic.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 08:06:04 pm »

"Kneel, Beast!"
Adil: Fire a beam of subjugating darkness at the head of the golem to confuse and subdue it.
Noshtath: Chew on Crayon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 08:19:09 pm »

GO GOLEM! AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 08:48:37 pm »

"You people target the man, I'll try to hold the golem off! He will command it to guard him!"

Tyrin: Envelop Crand in a dark mist, hopefully blinding him.

Dog(Which I request to be renamed "Fluffy"): Distract that golem by hounding it!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 08:53:15 pm »

Hippo & Hound: Attack!

Use enfeebling magic to weaken the necromancer!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 10:17:38 pm »

When the wraith has helped her strengthen the fish, Ima felt that she should express her gratitude somehow. However, saying thanks openly would make the whole idea pointless, as she would have revealed the wraith's action... so she decided to give mind-to-mind communication a try. She imagined saying 'Understood. Thank you, Lifebane.' while doing nothing unusual physically.

Once she saw the bone golem, Ima noticed that while its bones were thick, its joints weren't fastened to each other. If her fish reached the golem, they would have dismembered it with ease...

Swarm of Fish: Pull the bone golem's legs off.
Ima: Raise a corpse from the nearest grave.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:17:06 am by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:05 pm »

Consume Crand with necromantic black fire and my rat horde.

I.e, Burn and Devour :3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 05:34:12 am »

So your human is now your dog, oh my.   :P

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 04:22:09 pm »

Right...I'm assuming by crayon you all mean Crand, welp, lets begin!
(damage system: 3=5 4=10 5=20 | 1 equals means your effects have failed and whatever you aimed at attacks you, 2 and 0 means nothing happens)
[TURN 4: A Dance with Death]

Kobold sneaks up on and backstabs Crayon.
I attempt to counter Crayon's magic.

(5+1=6) You Kobold manages to sneak around him rather easily, and manages to get behind Crand and (3) manages to get a nice stab to the back, dealing about 5 damage.

(5-2=3) You prepare yourself for the attack, which he attempts via a Dark Bolt. You raise your hands and catch the bolt mid-throw and send it back at him, dealing 5 damage
CRAND: 50/60

"Kneel, Beast!"
Adil: Fire a beam of subjugating darkness at the head of the golem to confuse and subdue it.
Noshtath: Chew on Crayon.

(5-5=0) You fire the beam at the golem, but Crand blocks it and nullifies it's effect with his Dark Bolt.

(4-2=2) Noshtath charges at Crand, but crand shoots off a beam that stops the gator in his tracks, but he is unharmed

"You people target the man, I'll try to hold the golem off! He will command it to guard him!"

Tyrin: Envelop Crand in a dark mist, hopefully blinding him.

Dog(Which I request to be renamed "Fluffy"): Distract that golem by hounding it!

(2-3=1) You Create the mist but Crand easily uses it against you, and you are now blinded by it (Blind effect for two turns, -2 to all defence and attack rolls)

(5-4=1) Fluffy charges at the golem, and attempts to gnaw through the bone, but it only angers the golem, which kicks Fluffy off and (6) Smashes fluffy into the ground (-20 health)! The golem goes into a Blind Fury! (-2 to all dodge rolls, but +1 to all attack rolls for two turns)

Use enfeebling magic to weaken the necromancer!

(4-2=2) The hippo charges the necromancer, but he fires off a black beam that does nothing to the hippo, except stopping it in it's tracks.)

(2-5 = -3[means he wins the attack]) Your undead servant Hound rushes at the necromancer, at an amazing speed, but a shot from a Black bolt sends Hound sprawling in the dust. He appears slightly injured (-5 health)

When the wraith has helped her strengthen the fish, Ima felt that she should express her gratitude somehow. However, saying thanks openly would make the whole idea pointless, as she would have revealed the wraith's action... so she decided to give mind-to-mind communication a try. She imagined saying 'Understood. Thank you, Lifebane.' while doing nothing unusual physically.

Once she saw the bone golem, Ima noticed that while its bones were thick, its joints weren't fastened to each other. If her fish reached the golem, they would have dismembered it with ease...

Swarm of Fish: Pull the bone golem's legs off.
Ima: Raise a corpse from the nearest grave.

(2+2=0-2(from fury)-1(from shroud)=3(you) The horde of Carp rushes at the golem, their shroud enveloping them. The golem takes no notice in it's blind rage, untill they nibble on his joints for his legs (-5 health). He kicks them off and looks at Ima, ready to charge.

(5) You raise a corpse (roll for creature:4) and a skeleton pops out. It quickly looks at the golem, ready to obey it's master's command.

Golem: 65/70

Consume Crand with necromantic black fire and my rat horde.

I.e, Burn and Devour :3

(I'm assuming you mean the whisp when you say necromantic fire)(1-6=-5) The whisp flares up, but before it can even attack, Crand shoots a dark beam, killing it almost instantly, it squeaks out "I'm sorry master..." before it dies.

(6-6=0) The horde charges at the necromancer, but he fires off multiple beams, causing them to squeak and run off before they could do any damage.

"THESE are your "students" that are supposed to defeat me? How pathetic!" he says. He looks at(roll to see who, thats why I picked 6 people  ;D) Shalla and (4-6=2) attacks her with a dark bolt, but she uses her own dark powers to nullify the attack.

(3-2=1) The golem roars once through its flame of a heart, and charges Ima, who procedes to not only procedes to stop it in it's tracks, but (4) fires off a black blast, causing it to stagger from the blast! (-10 health.)

BOSS' HEALTH
Crand: 50/60
Golem: 55/70

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Right...this is not going as planned. I'm done with status, it ain't helping the fact that I'm starting to understand what the people on the RTD webchat were talking about by "GM fatigue". Also, IronyOwl, you have to get your human to pick up items around the area manually, via an action. And the human you named hound, I instantly thing of Sandor Clegane  :P. Talarion, you can also reclaim the whisps afterwords via roll if you want it back.

Also changing that Demonic bat's status from non-combat to combat-usable so we don't forget about it. However it's going to be weak, but I'm giving it a neat little ability. Check the spoiler if you want to see what it is.

Also made some other minor changes, everyone check your respective spoilers to see what they are. As per usual, if I said anything odd or forgot something, tell me via chat and I'll fix it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:57:40 am by empfan »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 04:41:20 pm »

Adil: Raise hands from the ground to grab and claw at Crand.
Noshtath: Charge Crand as he is grabbed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13