Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40695 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 13]
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2012, 10:29:32 am »

Tiruin is in charge now, I'll still be watching and updating the OP.
Caellath is not amused. Maybe because he already knew Tiruin wanted to run a RTD.
*Cough* wanted to. I am new.

So, waiting for further confirmation now. Is everyone alright with the shift?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2012, 11:14:43 am »

Sure. Let there be actions!

Pump the worms full of dark energy to make them grow and mutate. Order them to start digging a tunnel in the warehouse.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2012, 12:26:48 pm »

No problems with Tiruin as a GM.

Both the Fish Horde and I shall look for cargo ships carrying the Roaring Wheels' flags.
When we find one, circle it and try to assess the ship's dangerousness and value in loot.

UPD: Changed my action. I believe that while trying to get a city-sized army of zombies is untimately a good idea, I won't be able to fit it all into two turns... so I'll settle for a ship instead.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:12:37 am by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2012, 01:56:44 pm »

Sounds good to me.

Will have to think a bit about action, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2012, 10:07:01 pm »

The passing over has been confirmed. State your actions now, apprentices of the one called Lightbane.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2012, 10:14:49 pm »

Uhhhhhh Go back to mages, report complete success at displacing thieves.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2012, 10:49:25 pm »

Other note, updating may take a bit in the start, as I'm busy re-reading and shaping what is to come, thanks to empfan's work.

Also, sent PMs to those in the waitlist, to see if they are still interested.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2012, 10:56:32 pm »

Alive, kicking and interested.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2012, 11:52:09 pm »

Quote from: Action List
Pump the worms full of dark energy to make them grow and mutate. Order them to start digging a tunnel in the warehouse.
As I travel, order the Fish Horde to spread out and keep watch for any trade ships under the Roaring Wheels' flags.
If they find one, approach the ship and circle it as I assess the ship's dangerousness. If they don't, continue onwards to the City of Gin.

Go back to mages, report complete success at displacing thieves.

Awaiting Talarion and Nirur Torir's actions before we continue. Still working out which goes where in this place :3

Also, waitlisters confirmed. Remember that free-turns end after turn SIXTEEN. You all have until then to get...acquainted with your surroundings and summons before something unusual happens. This will be my only token to you.

Death still affects those who try evade it. Try not to get yourselves killed.

edit: Yep, after turn sixteen.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:54:14 pm by Tiruin »

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2012, 03:04:30 am »

Tyver looked around the tavern of Blackmarsh he had just seen the big man and the necromancer go out. He had just finished his drink and decided to go out and see what was going on.

Exit tavern and look around

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2012, 04:09:27 am »

Tyver looked around the tavern of Blackmarsh he had just seen the big man and the necromancer go out. He had just finished his drink and decided to go out and see what was going on.

Exit tavern and look around
Not yet in  :)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2012, 08:53:35 am »

I think I'm going to drop this and give my spot to a wait listed person.

Get beat to near-death by the angry guards who don't think their prison is necromancer-safe, play dead, and pass on my magic to some soon-to-be-PC with my dying breath.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2012, 12:33:01 pm »

This is a sub-turn, for those waitlisters to catch up and also while waiting for Talarion. Also, found out that the colored voice does not look that good in the normal forum format. Darklight sees it better.  8)

Also, I guess I have to shift into second person, to stay with the original writing style.

If your character had any pre-existing bonuses not noted down, please say so as it is hard tracking those sorts of details with all the +/-'s going around.

Turn 13b: In the eyes of the Commoners

It was night. The hooting of an owl could be heard throughout the city of Caelondia, echoing through the dank cobblestone streets and off thick stone walls. A man looked up from his study, ignored the noise and continued perusing the book entitled 'Histories of the Land'. A nearby ball of fire illuminating the scene. The only light visible from deep within the Librarium. He closed the tome slowly and sighed, there was nothing to be gained and his wish of summoning another wisp had gone unheeded.

Return, my follower. Relinquish my gifts to those who need them.

The man abruptly stood up and turned to where the voice was speaking, but where could he turn? It was omnipotent, and seemed to be coming from directly within his own mind. Before he could utter any word, he felt a sudden jolt in his body, followed by a wave of pain coursing through his veins. The man screamed, his cry tore through the walls of the library and out through the gates. If he would die, then at least someone may hear him.

That was, if only sound could escape from his mouth as nothing came out. The Wisp that hovered over his shoulder stopped in motion for a second and flew off out the nearest window and into the night.

When the Library Clerk would check the Archives next day, there would be nothing left of the man who requested entry. No trace would be found nor would any search party be created. It would become just another fable to scare the children who do bad things at night.

Somewhere in noble trading town of Caelondia
The chill night air swept through the streets, a cold and calming mix of sea-swept breeze and smoke of a dying fire. A man strides through the cemetery gates, hefting a thick sack over his shoulder that held all his belongings from his parent's armory. A few steps in this town proved he was in the right place, it was a cold night, matching the gloomy atmosphere of the houses of the dead.

He moved up to one of the headstones, knelt and uttered a solemn prayer. After a few minutes, he rose and turned to leave, encountering three armored guards on the road out of the cemetery. There was a man bound and flanked on each side by two guards. The last one takes a quick look at you before snorting and muttering a few curse words under his breath. "Prisoner" the leader spoke without turning his head. "Caught for Arson of the town library. People these days..."

But it wasn't this that caught the man's attention, the prisoner was staring at him with two beaten eyes. They widened in fear, or possibly recognition, as the distance between he and the man widened. As the group was about to turn a corner, the man could make out the prisoner's lips move.

"Enidri Verace."

The only word muttered came as if the prisoner was standing right next to the man. Upon hearing the word, Enidri felt a surge of power flow through him. The sound of a body hitting the pavement was heard in the distance, with the startled yells of his guards.

The prisoner was dead.

. . .

A sudden jolt wakes you up from your position. You glance around and notice that you've fallen asleep on the headstone of your older brother. It is still night, as if no time has passed whence you entered this city. Your belongings are still with you, but you feel...different. As if what you've experienced earlier was not a dream, though surreal it was.

As you inspect yourself for any alterations to your body, a crimson ball of light floats through the air from the direction of the city and stops above your head, hovering like a bird in mid-air. It doesn't seem harmful, but benevolent actually, judging by the warm pulses of heat it emits, it looks like you've come upon a wisp! Though it doesn't seem like it has a face to talk to or anything. Just a superfluous ball of fire and light.

Meanwhile, in the shady port town of Blackmarsh
Tyver Thornos

Night, the best time to spring an attack on unwary folk -which meant travelers, as every citizen of this town kept one eye on the road and the other at their back. It was at this time that you would get another worthy trinket for your fence and maybe a bit along the side for yourself.

Exiting the tavern, you see the usual sights of one at night in a backwater town such as this: Oil lanterns dotting the street, a few people numbering at about one or two near narrow alleys and doorways of public buildings. Nothing much to do really, as all travelers and merchants have rented a room at the inns of this place. Many of the stores were boarded up and closed, general and magical alike. There was also a light mist near the eastern city gate, clearly visible from where you are standing,

As you are about to turn back inside, you hear barking coming from behind you. A dog fully covered in a dark cloak bounds up to you and nudges your leg softly. It is surprising how the dog moved with all that clothing wrapped upon it; come to think of it, who in their right mind would've even clothed a dog at this time?

You lean on your pike while deciding the course of action to take. It doesn't seem aggressive at all, friendly would be the best term for it however you cannot shake off the feeling that something is wrong.

~~~
Zakroff Alzar
The light of the moon shone through the holes in your roof, illuminating most of your room better than the weak candle that lay near the windowsill. With a sigh, you turn towards the window and look out onto the city below.

It was dimly lit, judging by the lanterns along the street. Numerous stores that should be open at this hour were closed. Only a few people were out on the streets now, and they were doing a bad deal of making themselves scarce. The sound of a barking dog echoed across the town, other than that, nothing else looked to be of mention.

To your east lay the local librarium, along with the entrance to the Guild district while to the west of you lay the marketplace and prison chambers as well as the town square.

Before all this, you can recall the stories you've read and the news that came from the townsfolk about the land. Currently, the memories are vague and non-distinct, but it was along the lines of Magic and it's effects on people or something.

'Magic? Just a passing rumor. Not much people'll tell ya. A load of hubbub if you ask me...'
You can hear that same dog panting and trotting around in circles, far below you on the street below.
'...a scary dream that I'd not want again. I tell you, something is out there and it has power beyond our comprehension!...'
The stars twinkle in the heavens above. A multitude of lights, shining down below.
'...and it's being shared! Magic can be taught by those who wield it! Nothing is what it seems!'
The candle's wick seems like it's burning faster than usual.

With all these thoughts, going to bed early seems like the best idea for the moment. That is, until the candle's flame starts growing and growing, slowly enveloping the entire candle and melting it thoroughly. The flames flicker and turn into a dark hue.

You step back in what may be fear, candles weren't supposed to do that! Suddenly, the flames rise and hover right outside the window, floating at about fifty feet in the air above the street below, emitting an aura of heat and light, if light was tinted black that is.

A few moments staring at it produced no negative effects, as it just hovered there, bouncing up and down on some invisible platform. It doesn't look friendly, or aggressive for that matter nor does it seem like it wants anything from you.

This isn't a dream.

Spoiler: adwarf ; Zakroff Alzar (click to show/hide)

Everyone else:

Spoiler: HmH ; Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion ; Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

So, first post as a GM! Sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to make sure everything was in order.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:46:19 pm by Tiruin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2012, 12:41:18 pm »

"Hmmm ... quite interesting, maybe if I try this ..." Zakroff said as he began trying to Summon the spirit of a Dead Knight

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2012, 05:13:25 pm »

examine the dog.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13