Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ocean embark  (Read 12384 times)

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean embark
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 06:43:50 am »

Merchants go crazy when they can't leave, eg if you lock a door while they're in your fort. If they're already at the map edge I don't know why that would happen.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:00 am »

for some reason... they go crazy.

Trading is SRS BSNS.

In all reality, something's stopping the merchant from leaving.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 09:56:36 am »

for some reason... they go crazy.

Trading is SRS BSNS.

In all reality, something's stopping the merchant from leaving.

Odd. There's nothing I can see, they just arrive on the map - I get messages of no trade depot, blah blah blah - and eventually they decide to leave. Except one, who always stays there until they go crazy for some bizarre reason.

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 03:29:51 pm »

I don't have trade depot up still, so they tend to hang around the edges of the map until they leave - but then one always remains, for some reason, until they go crazy.
Is that one a liaison, instead of a merchant? I remember in 40d when I had the mayor permanently bedded with a nerve wound the liaison remained at her bedside for years(until I genned a new world for raw changes), but that may well have changed since…
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 03:43:08 pm »

Anyone ever seen serpents or seamonsters on ocean embarks
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 03:46:46 pm »

Sea monsters, yep.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 04:15:18 pm »

I don't have trade depot up still, so they tend to hang around the edges of the map until they leave - but then one always remains, for some reason, until they go crazy.
Is that one a liaison, instead of a merchant? I remember in 40d when I had the mayor permanently bedded with a nerve wound the liaison remained at her bedside for years(until I genned a new world for raw changes), but that may well have changed since…

Nope, always a merchant. First from the home civ, and then an elf. Always one merch and one animal stays behind, and goes crazy.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 08:26:23 pm »

Yes, but they're very, very rare, and only appear in certain types of ocean biomes.  It took me a lot of searching to find a site which actually had two sea serpents so I could farm them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:28:07 pm by Sphalerite »
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 [2]