Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Music problem  (Read 569 times)

spadark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Music problem
« on: February 09, 2012, 08:06:46 am »

I'm using Ironhand mod and it doesn't include any music, can I copy my original DF files to Ironhand fold so I can get back the music. If that's possible which file I need to copy?
Thx.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Music problem
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:23:24 am »

there's a "music" setting in the .ini files. Did you try it?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:49:03 am »

there's a "music" setting in the .ini files. Did you try it?

in your DF folder, data/init/init.txt

You might get a real kick out of 'soundsense' though, I really did, and do - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60287.0

It brought the game to richer life for me, and helped me notice some important-but-nonpausing-things, like COMBAT, as soon as they occur.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 08:57:54 am »

Ooops, had the name wrong  :-[

And yeah, soundsense is a really useful tool. "Errr, what's this 'meatcleaver in the face' kinda sound? Oh, a troll is rampaging in my cave farm, how cute! And that maniacal laughter? A tantrum in the magma forge? OK, things are going to get interesting!"

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 09:02:28 am »

And yeah, soundsense is a really useful tool. "Errr, what's this 'meatcleaver in the face' kinda sound? Oh, a troll is rampaging in my cave farm, how cute! And that maniacal laughter? A tantrum in the magma forge? OK, things are going to get interesting!"

:P

Yeah!  There certain sounds that practically teleport my fingers to the spacebar so I can figure out what just happened before it gets harder to figure out.  Especially the sounds I'd not heard before.

Some of the neatest of those, for me, are the possessions, as that's a pretty rare mood in most of my forts.  The sounds start... I'm not even looking at the screen any more, I've already paused it and just sit there listening, usually not realizing for a couple of seconds that, oh yeah, this is another possession-theme at last.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

spadark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 03:06:56 pm »

I found that init.txt and set sound to YES.
Thx.