Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Free Web Browser-based MMORTS: Illyriad// Limited Recruiting for Bay12 Alliance!  (Read 57110 times)

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Free Web Browser-based game: Illyriad// Bay12 Alliance recruiting!
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 06:17:36 am »

They are working on adding new spells and more schools of magic, soon(tm). Yes the player base is what I say sets the game away from others like it. Do you use Chrome? If not I would suggest getting a Chrome Frame at least. Chrome or Chrome frame allows you to drag the map with your pointer and use the mouse wheel to zoom out. I would highly suggest the Chrome Frame if you wish to keep your current browser as it doesn't change the look of your web browser but just gives you the best of both worlds.

Finding resources on the map will come to you in time. It's like Dwarf Fortress if you play it with the normal ASCII, you have to adjust to seeing everything. I couldn't hardly tell what was what when I first joined Illyriad but soon I adjusted and I could read the map. It will come to you. I'm going to send you the invite now, I didn't have time to get on last night. 

EDIT: I see someone already invited you. That's great!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:19:48 am by Chaos Armor »
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 07:44:49 pm »

Yup, using Chrome already so dragging/zooming with mousewheel works.

What I hate about the map is that when you zoom out the icons for the points of interest like resources don't scale to stay visible. But you need to be zoomed out to see what resource stashes are in reasonable range of your town (50 min or so). I still manage because with everything else filtered out I know that tiny blotches in the corner of tiles are resources, which I then check with mouseover, but it's hardly nice to use.

Still hoping for a webgame that uses a Google Maps-style map. (Like those awesome Minecraft map-generating server plugins. 8) )

The Dwarf Dragon

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [TRAINABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 03:11:55 pm »

Just started playing this morning, like it so far. If you have room, I'd love to join you alliance.

In-game user name: The Dwarf Dragon

Hope to talk to you guys in-game soon!

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 06:28:40 pm »

I'll send you an invite if you haven't already received one.
Lurking since 2009

Marat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:47 pm »

The current tournament is now drawing to a close.  As mentioned earlier, it is a king of the hill style tournament fought over ~30 tiles spread over the map.  We have been fighting the number one ranked alliance for control of a nearby square.  Early in the tournament, the heroic armies of KillianBlack, Liberty, and Duuvian killed the ~24,000 elf-beasts that were guarding the square, capturing it for our alliance. 

The rest of our alliance sent in whatever armies they had to hold the square.  The other alliance was not pleased and came at us with massive armies.  We held off the attacks of the largest and most powerful alliance in the game for over a day.  The enemy finally retook the square after killing off ~84,000 of our troops (we killed nearly as many as we lost).  BearundertheMountain, Liberty, Jimlad, DorfusMaximus and I had armies that were sent to reinforce our location, but arrived too late and found enemies instead.  Another ~11,000 enemies died throughout the next day. 

We rebuilt our troops, with larger players sending weapons and armor to smaller players so that everyone could help in the war effort.  We launched our second offensive on the square just recently.  A coordinated attack by Jimlad, Killian, and Kendar retook the square.  Other players participated in the coordinated assault, but sadly there were not enough enemies left by the time the other players arrived.  At the moment, most of us have armies helping to defend the square and it looks like we might hold it until the end of the tournament.

Congratulations everyone!

GirlscoutBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2012, 03:35:33 pm »

Greetings!

Congratulations on the great comeback in the tournament!

I am TomBombadil in-game.

I've only recently established a new stronghold on Windseeker isle (part of our great homeland), but my 2 island fortresses near the centre of the Elgean continent is doing well. So let me know if you have a village nearby that needs some help.

Be warned though, I might be very active for a week and then disappear for another. The great thing about Illyriad is that I can disappear for a week or two and return to an intact kingdom (unless of course I made some bad people really really angry before I left ;).

Have a nice day.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 08:10:54 pm »

The StA came in 14th in the tournament! Despite being 49th in the alliance rankings we were able to beat the number one alliance out of a square two times. What our alliance has accomplished is a great feat. We placed in front of almost half of the first page alliances. We had great !!FUN!! too.

Long live Bay12 and the Great Toad!
Lurking since 2009

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 08:21:42 pm »

Do I have to play as dwarves to join this alliance? Cause I'm about to pick elf.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 08:29:46 pm »

Nope, whichever you want. They each have different strengths and weaknesses and a specialized military unit (They are better with that unit in general). Ever since they redid there page it shows that stuff I think. So pick whichever your heart desires.
Lurking since 2009

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 09:01:40 pm »

Okay now how do I join the alliance???

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 09:03:28 pm »

Have you researched diplomacy? If not then do so and I will invite you to the alliance.
Lurking since 2009

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »

K thanks, its about to finish in a minute and My town is ravenside, my name is the same as here. Thanks :D

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 09:15:35 pm »

No problem. Your in now that you accepted the invite. Just refresh your page and you should see the alliance chat below the Global chat. Don't be afraid to talk in Global Chat. In fact if you find it fun do it all the time!
Lurking since 2009

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 09:02:52 pm »

Ya'll should come play vidja games with us in this here thingy.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2012, 09:15:53 pm »

Noryasha sez:

"Vot havink been goink on in da absence of da Grunks? How vares da halliance? Goot?

Hy em enjoyink retirement. Iz very goot to not hef to vorry about da boys, but hy hope dat tinks is goink vell for yous."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19