Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Free Web Browser-based MMORTS: Illyriad// Limited Recruiting for Bay12 Alliance!  (Read 57106 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Web Browser-based game: Illyriad// Bay12 Alliance recruiting!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 06:52:14 am »

Alliance forums are curious. Looks like the alliance was a lot bigger at some point, with more active people, and a lot of them are no longer there. Would feel like gravedigging to reply to any thread there.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 10:08:08 am »

Yes we are as old as the biggest alliances in the game. BuriBuri Zaemon used to play. So did GliphGryph. There is another Illyriad thread but it is old. Try typing Illyriad into the search bar.

Also the reason this thread is here is to gain some more membership. :)

That's why I started it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:55:01 pm by Chaos Armor »
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 04:08:29 pm »

Yes it is that awesome. :)

I know what you mean about the mass slaughter of neighbors. I've been one of the slaughtered on another game.
Lurking since 2009

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »

Hiya Nory.

Yeah, the alliance forums are pretty dusty Muz. If you're interested in having us start to use it that sounds good, all it would require would be posting the links in Alliance chat or better send it in an alliance-wide message. Otherwise people probably won't realize it's being used again. It was mostly useful before you could send messages to your whole alliance at once but I'm sure it would have some utility still.

Also I could probably organize it a bit better if we want to use it. Unless they've added the ability to delete forums though, I can't remove the old ones which makes it seem kind of cluttered.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 09:11:31 pm »

(CLT)Forums :)
Lurking since 2009

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »

Well my negotiations research finished, and I joined the alliance :)

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 09:43:44 pm »

Welcome! I'll have Duuvian send you some resources. I don't have the caravans to right now.
Lurking since 2009

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 10:22:05 pm »

As a note Spiders are Cavalry Units, they have advantage on open ground, do not attack with small groups of yeomen.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 03:18:05 pm »

Looks.. interesting.. I'll creeate an accounbt and se if it'äs fun enough to last more than a few days..
Any.. limits of how many times per day you can do something?

edit: Username is the same as.. well.. here..
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:20:17 pm by Ultimuh »

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 04:51:11 pm »

Well, you're limited by resources that you can spend, though at the start you can pretty much upgrade things constantly. Also there are "quests" later that come up every so often.

Of the MMORTS games I've played, this one is definitely the most chill and builder-friendly. There's fighting going on, but it's a tournament for prizes.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:53:58 pm by loose nut »

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 07:07:05 am »

Yes and we're proud to say that we actually rid a tournament square (The one were fighting over) of the most powerful alliance in the game. Then they sent attack after attack and we held for a day or two. Then they sent an attack that had the same amount of troops as when we rid the square of them and... bam. We lost the square.  :(  But we will retake it!
Lurking since 2009

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 01:28:49 pm »

Alrighty, let's give it a try. The game looks similar to the pretty good Stronghold Kingdoms, but with a lot more depth. I'm not so sure about premium accounts not having a big advantage, they can insta-complete buildings by paying prestige and stuff like that, but let's see how it turns out. I created an account as Omicron and researched diplomacy, can you invite me to the alliance?

I don't expect to have much time for stuff like coordinated attacks, though. I'm more of a "log in once a day to build my two buildings and start a research" kind of guy.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 06:00:34 pm »

The game lets you slowly accumulate prestige at the rate of one per day if you want that, so non-paying customers get to insta-complete buildings too.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2012, 08:16:46 pm »

I have played Stronghold Kingdoms and left it. Then I joined Illyriad. I must say that Stronghold Kingdoms was too much of a "Let's raze this newb" and it was very annoying how it was all about war. That was the only aspect of the game. The relations between factions were horrible. Along with the monopoly of House 1 and how there were very few friendly people. But that's my opinion.

Welcome to Illyriad isitanos! I'll send you the invite if someone hasn't already.
Lurking since 2009

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 03:24:58 am »

Played a little bit and the players are indeed very nice. After I asked a few questions in the general chat, two of them gifted me a large amount of materials. The game looks good overall but I hate some aspects of the interface (worse is probably finding the resource caches on the map, I end up doing it very much zoomed out and with everything else filtered out. bleh.) - maybe I'm asking too much from a web game, I dunno.

Tech tree looks nice, maybe a bit light on the magic side with only 14 spells and their upgrades (and 10 of those 14 are "Buff production of resource X by Y%" or "Debuff enemy's production of resource X by Y%").
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19