Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101616 times)

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile

NativeForeigner: You need to tell us where you stand on the issues. And so does Bookthras.

Re: scumpicks, I direct my honoured colleague to my previous submission. To reiterate:
Dariush is scum for being a lying liar who lies a lot. And I don't believe Tiruin's issueclaim at all.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NativeForeigner: You need to tell us where you stand on the issues. And so does Bookthras.

Re: scumpicks, I direct my honoured colleague to my previous submission. To reiterate:
Dariush is scum for being a lying liar who lies a lot. And I don't believe Tiruin's issueclaim at all.

As I said before, I did not posses the resources to shift any issues last night.

Why do you have your doubts about Tiruin's issueclaim?

I am also hesitant to take the inspect results with anything more than a grain of salt, it just seems too risky to believe that you and Bookthras both inspected Dariush. With no way to confirm the truth of your claims, it's possible that you are both Liberals collaborating with one another to undermine the Conservative party.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Native, he's talking about your position on the issues, not what you may or may not have tried to shift public opinion on last night.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I said before, I did not posses the resources to shift any issues last night.
What the other Urist said.

Fishing for the second inspect before you make your own claim, eh?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was merely labeled as a Conservative ((as in: I didn't receive anything in my PM telling me if I was "Conservative Social" or anything). I can only assume that means I am Conservative across the board.

No, actually. Just wondering if you had an actual reason to make such a claim.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was merely labeled as a Conservative ((as in: I didn't receive anything in my PM telling me if I was "Conservative Social" or anything). I can only assume that means I am Conservative across the board.
I'd request that you re-read your role PM and/or PM the mod for clarification. Because considering the number of issuecops we have here, that's a pretty major mechanic you're missing.

No, actually. Just wondering if you had an actual reason to make such a claim.
I do.

And that's all I'm telling you until Bookthras stops lurking and gives a full issueclaim.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Urist McUselessNoble
Do you have proof that it is so? No.

Maybe I do, Mr. OMGUS. Maybe I do. I did inspect two chaps, remember?

NativeForeigner: Who is scum and why?
Why the useless question? You're acting as if the guy who jumped in (Bastardy Mafia!) knows already who is who? With a blunt and vague question.
Why are you chainsawing for Native? "Who is scum and why?" is a perfectly reasonable question, in the same way that "please give me your read on everyone and your top scumpicks" is a reasonable demand.

OMGUS how? Your post made no sense. And after reading the rest, you still fail to provide sense. I have a feeling you're lying about that investigate thing, being all 'I don't like your issue claim'. Just because you are liberal in the Social issues.

Also, a one-shot and you do say you've investigated more than one?
And on that note, I want to see full issueclaims from everyone. Right now. Because I also had a one-shot investigative role related to issues (not telling who I investigated for what until I see some claims, though). Which makes me think we all got one.
What do you want with issues by the way?

Urist McUselessNoble
Do you have proof that it is so? No.

Maybe I do, Mr. OMGUS. Maybe I do. I did inspect two chaps, remember?

But I want to hear from Bookthras, Mii, Toaster and NativeForeigner before I reveal who the second one is. Y'know, to keep people honest. Or at least looking over their shoulder.
Oh look. Continuation.

You want to lie about that one-shot or keep on being vague on why you don't trust my claim? Liberal.

(Also, Toaster, I think I see a loophole in your plan. Those who claim first may be less liable to err than those who claim last. Timezones there.)

Dariush: You cannot greenvote yourself.

Mii: Lurking there?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd request that you re-read your role PM and/or PM the mod for clarification. Because considering the number of issuecops we have here, that's a pretty major mechanic you're missing.

I agree, but I've read my PM plenty of times and all it says is "You are a Conservative". I've already sent GG a PM asking if I was right to assume that I'm Conservative across the board and, if not, what I am. I'll claim fully when I hear back.

I do.

And that's all I'm telling you until Bookthras stops lurking and gives a full issueclaim.

Fair enough. I eagerly await your reasoning.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

Sorry, been away today. I'll catch up with posts and questions later, but to get the claiming thing completed: I am: Social Super-Conservative, Religious Arch-Conservative, Economic Moderate. I shifted Religious towards conservative.

I should simplify my votes too, at least until I catch up. Unvote everybody. Vote Dariush.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Toaster: Did you actually claim as a resurrector (or whatever the formal Mafia name is for that) just to avoid discrepancy in decision? Or are you saving it up until you are sure that the lynched is absolutely town?

Not quite sure what you mean by the first question.  I didn't actually plan on being able to post anything today, as I expected to use my ability on anyone that flipped town.  For now, I'm saving it for people I am absolutely sure on.  Given that we can no longer multilynch, it's less useful for that plan.
I question this. So now that we all know that roles don't flip (am I using that term right?), then how can you be truly sure on the lynch if he or she was town? I'm really at odds here, because it would take a lot of reasoning on a mislynched townie. To me, this sounds like a hidden 'safe' card, though.

Mod: Updated Votecount; Timecount and if possible, issue count.

NativeForeigner: Who is scum and why?
Why the useless question? You're acting as if the guy who jumped in (Bastardy Mafia!) knows already who is who? With a blunt and vague question.
Why are you chainsawing for Native? "Who is scum and why?" is a perfectly reasonable question, in the same way that "please give me your read on everyone and your top scumpicks" is a reasonable demand.
Chainsaw what? Do I seem like trying to stop your attack? I can't stop a finger from attacking someone. You too are reading too much into that question. Going on the defense because of a wrongly worded question eh?

Toaster: I learned that finding out who the Liberals are might turn out to be a little more difficult that I first thought. I did, in fact, know that I would become a player, but it wouldn't happen until I decided to announce my candidacy. At the rate things were going, I was worried about any of your chances of beating the incumbent (whom I believe might be a third-party), not to mention the liberals. That's why I'm here. I'm don't care about getting elected or even nominated, my primary concern is to tweak things enough to give us a chance of victory.

Tiruin: If you recall, I said that was my only post of the day! But I see that you already saw that.
(Yeah, I admit I messed up there, after re-reading the thread and especially This part concerning other players. )

Unvote NativeForeigner and Toaster

Oh, and McNoble: I don't trust your investigation because of what I said on the above. You seem to be the liar (and deflecting onto Dariush at that, with much intent on calling him out while being vague yourself).

PPE: Bookthras.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile

I apologise for my hours-long absence. It is late here, though, and it has been a busy day, indeed.

Dariush: I'd like an answer today, if possible, if you please.

Bookthras: Please explain your vote against Dariush; of course, at your earliest convenience.

McNoble: I would love to hear the explanation behind the mass request of the sharing of our issues with you.

"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GG got back to me.

It was almost as I thought, my stances are as follows:

Social: Super-Conservative, Economic: Super Conservative, Religious: Moderate.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vote count time!
Attack Ad Targets list! (Let me know if I missed one of your votes or unvotes!)
1. Dariush (4)<-  Bookthras, Toaster, UristMcUselessNoble
2. Toaster (2) <- Public Scrutiny, Tiruin
3. Bookthras (2) <- Tiruin, Dariush
7. UristMcUselessNoble (3) <- Tiruin, Dariush, Tiruin
8. Mii <-
9. Tiruin (1) <- UristMcUselessNoble
10. NativeForeigner (1) <- Tiruin

Leader of the Pack:
1. Dariush (2) <- Urist Imiknorris, Ottofar
2. Toaster  <-
3. Bookthras <-
7. UristMcUselessNoble <-
8. Mii <-
9. Tiruin (3) <- Powder Miner, Orange Bottle, zombie Urist
10. NativeForeigner <-

About 16 hours remain in the day.

Issues remain as they were at day start.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:17:35 am by GlyphGryph »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Tiruin

Can we change green votes later on?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you only get on question post and one vote post... so no. :P
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42