Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101677 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Day 1: The Straw Poll
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2012, 02:15:09 am »

Toaster ended up posting like 4 seconds before I did.  I don't have the option on that makes me get interrupted.
PPE then?
What I was saying here is that I couldn't PPE.  Are we going to make misunderstanding #3 here?  Because that's up to you.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2012, 02:17:36 am »

ToonyMan:
I have a strong scum read on you. I will not get more specific until I hear from:
Dariush, McNoble, Andrew: Please give your read, with detailed reasons, on whether ToonyMan is liberal scum or not. Also give your read, with detailed reasons, on whether Pranz is liberal scum or not.
Doesn't this instill you're just trying to rally up others with a mob mentality?  You shouldn't have to do that if you're town, you can make your own 'convincing' argument.  You're trying to force the issue here and it's phony.
Amusing how quote from a post full of questions addressed at you, whining about my questions to others, without answering the questions actually posed to you:

I already shared my thoughts on Toaster's stuff here:
I saw it, and utterly debunked it on my following post. You have presented no clear reasons beyond "I don't trust Toaster", "you could have another plan I can't predict" and "I disagree with this openly". WHY!? Why don't you trust Toaster (the man just saved your neck!), which other plan could he have? Why do you disagree with this openly?

Please be clear and specific.
ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTIONS, you deflecting scum!

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2012, 05:42:08 am »

Bookthras:Since you're taking suggestions for your vigkill, I suggest saving it for the eventuality that we mislynch at M/LyLo. Town can, in this game, lynch as many or as few people as we want, so a vigkill is quite obviously redundant except as a LyLo-breaker. In fact, vigging people after you failed to make enough of a case on them that the town agreed they needed to die strikes me as supremely scummy, except to avoid being endgamed after a M/LyLo mislynch.

So you should hang on to it, just in case Toaster is up to something scummy. If Toaster is on the level, we don't need it to win. If Toaster is scum, we may very well need a LyLo-breaker like that.

It seems suddenly important that there are an odd, not even, number of players left by the start of D2.
Not so. The more people we lynch today, the more important activity becomes, but the difference between having an odd and even number of players left is the same as the difference between MyLo and LyLo.

Everyone:
After a thorough re-read, an update on my thoughts on everyone, in no particular order:

Spoiler: Bookthras (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toonyman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mii (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pranz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Andrew425 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Toaster has dropped no scumtells that I caught.

Dariush I'm not getting a lot of signal on lately. Lurkscum or just busy on weekends? I'm betting the latter so far.

Previous summary. Superceded  by this one, but included for completeness.

Based on this, I'll cast my votes.
Unvote Everyone
Vote Bookthras
. If Toaster is telling the truth, he doesn't need the greenvotes. If he doesn't, he shouldn't have the greenvotes. Bookie, OTOH, has claimed a LyLo-breaker. And if Toaster is lying scum, or third party getting his D2 wincon, then we may very well need a LyLo-breaker.
Unvote Everyone
Vote Toonyman
, for OMGUSing, flailing at Tiruin and Mii with horribad cases, and because I keep getting the impression that his low scumhunting to flavourwank ratio is about hiding in flavour. In both cases where he seems to have been scumhunting, it quickly devolved into an unproductive flame war. One flamewar may be regarded as a misfortune. Two is beginning to look like carelessness. Oh, and it doesn't help his case that he was wining the town about Toaster's plan.
Vote Pranz for bandwagoning, deflection, randomvoting people and then backing off when it doesn't stick, not scumhunting, appeals to mercy for being a newbie, OMGUS and WIFOM. Go hang, scum.
Vote Andrew425 for being lurkscum who votes people without arguments. I don't normally like to policylynch lurkers, but Andy rubs me the wrong way, and has enough activity elsewhere in the forums that IMO he doesn't have plausible deniability for activelurking here.
Dariush needs to come out and play. And I really don't like Tiruin's roleclaim.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2012, 06:03:50 am »

I have a strong scum read on you. I will not get more specific until I hear from:
Dariush, McNoble, Andrew: Please give your read, with detailed reasons, on whether ToonyMan is liberal scum or not. Also give your read, with detailed reasons, on whether Pranz is liberal scum or not.
Doesn't this instill you're just trying to rally up others with a mob mentality?  You shouldn't have to do that if you're town, you can make your own 'convincing' argument.  You're trying to force the issue here and it's phony.
Roflmao.

We're all adults here, and can make up our own minds. Well, except Andy, but he's lurkscum, so it's perfectly valid to push him to engage.

I can haz real argumentz nao, plz?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2012, 06:09:11 am »

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
And I really don't like Tiruin's roleclaim.
Um, what don't you exactly and specifically like? I truly have no control over it, nor can I secretly PM the mod on it, like I said, it's a PAC using my name as a vote.

Also, I did not know that not claiming on random votes was considered bad at all, until now. Thanks to ToonyMan.

And on what you say as a bastard role, this is... Bastard Mafia? I am being upfront on it and I'm unsure what you see wrong in it, other than how to determine randomness. GlyphGryph was too busy to make a complete votecount, but told the truth about it:
Unvote everybody I had voted.
No time to do a full vote count, but all votes are to be expected, except for the fact that Tiruns still got a vote on Andrew.

Also, you missed what else I said about you.

Also, you can greenvote everyone just as you can red vote everyone; based on what you say about Toaster, you think he is lying, yes?

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2012, 06:27:04 am »

Um, what don't you exactly and specifically like? I truly have no control over it, nor can I secretly PM the mod on it, like I said, it's a PAC using my name as a vote.

The thing is, this reassurance doesn't tell me anything one way or another. It is, to use a technical term, cheap talk.

Also, I did not know that not claiming on random votes was considered bad at all, until now. Thanks to ToonyMan.

Fair enough, I guess.

Also, you missed what else I said about you.

Apparently I did. I was looking for scumtells more than people asking me things on my last re-read. Do you have a link on hand?

Also, you can greenvote everyone just as you can red vote everyone; based on what you say about Toaster, you think he is lying, yes?

No, I personally think Toaster is town.

But if I'm right and he's not lying, then my understanding of the mechanics is that he doesn't need the greenvote (A => B). Which means that if he does need it, he's lying (Not(B) => Not(A)), and then he shouldn't have it. So whether he's telling the truth or lying, I shouldn't give him my greenvote.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2012, 06:40:40 am »

Link

And...trying to update the votecount. Hope I got it right, using Think's tracker as Glyph would be gone for a while.

Quote from: If any faults are found, please say so
Attack Ad Targets list! (Let me know if I missed one of your votes or unvotes!)
1. Dariush <- Bookthras
2. Toaster <-
3. Bookthras <-
4. Pranz <- Urist McUselessNoble, Dariush, ToonyMan, Tiruin, Andrew425
5. Andrew425 <- Tiruin, Toaster, Tiruin, Dariush, Bookthras, Urist McUselessNoble
6. ToonyMan <- Pranz, Mii, Bookthras, Tiruin, Urist McUselessNoble
7. UristMcUselessNoble <- Bookthras, Tiruin
8. Mii <- Toaster, ToonyMan, Dariush
9. Tiruin <- andrew425, ToonyMan

Leader of the Pack:
1. Dariush <- Dariush
2. Toaster <- Toaster, Tiruin, Pranz, Mii, Bookthras
3. Bookthras <- Bookthras, Urist McUselessNoble
4. Pranz
5. Andrew425 <- Andrew425
6. ToonyMan <- ToonyMan
7. UristMcUselessNoble <-
8. Mii <- Mii
9. Tiruin <- Tiruin

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2012, 06:44:45 am »

And to prove that it is a random, uncontrollable vote:

Unvote Andrew425

Unvote Andrew425

Now to wait for confirmation from Mod. =/

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2012, 06:50:01 am »

EBYOP: Found it, I think. Though to be honest I'm not much wiser for having done so.

I'm really not clear on how
I pressure vote you!
Wait, ok, good answer. UNVOTE.
Now...to lookit' over and...
build up a case on you, making sure my vote counts!
is scummy.

The fact that you give a sensible answer to my question means that the pressure vote is no longer justified. That's the whole point of a pressure vote.

The fact that the pressure vote was removed does not mean that I'm not going to scumhunt you if, upon rereading your contributions, I see a scumtell.

Are you warning me that you will vote me once more because you aren't thoroughly reading posts?

When I wrote it, I was planning to re-read to see if something you did looked more or less scummy in light of more recent events. As it happened, my Saturday was more busy than I had thought it would be, and a thorough re-read had to be postponed.

PPE2: I appreciate the gesture. I really do. But it doesn't prove anything, because nothing prevented you from PM'ing the mod as you posted, saying "but really, I do vote Andy with my PM-vote."

I don't think you did. But that's because you're not reading scum to me (if you did, your name would be in pretty red boldface along with the other scum in the summary), not because any of your attempts to prove it have been convincing.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2012, 08:12:37 am »

I can confirm Andrew is still being voted by Tiruin.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2012, 11:11:52 am »

Dariush, McNoble, Andrew: HEY LOOK AT ME I'M DOING SOMETHING EVEN IF THIS SOMETHING EQUALS TO ASKING THE SAME QUESTION FOR THE THIRD TIME AND PUTTING EXACTLY ZERO THOUGHT INTO IT
Get out of my face.

ToonyMan:
You know saying the same things over and over again doesn't make it the truth,
Of course it does! Just ask Dick Cheney! How do you think we achieved war with Iraq?
I saw it, and utterly debunked it on my following post. You have presented no clear reasons beyond "I don't trust Toaster", "you could have another plan I can't predict" and "I disagree with this openly". WHY!? Why don't you trust Toaster (the man just saved your neck!), which other plan could he have? Why do you disagree with this openly?

Please be clear and specific.
ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTIONS, you deflecting scum!
Oh god the hipocrisy. Unvote everyone, Pranz, Bookthras.

And yes, I'm godforsakenly busy this weekend. My apologies.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2012, 11:53:06 am »

What made you unvote Andrew425? Or was Tiruin just derping in his votecount?

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2012, 11:54:17 am »

EBWOP: And the same for Mii.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2012, 12:04:47 pm »

I'm posting to watch. I was never here... *poof*

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2012, 04:01:09 pm »

Tiruin:
Bookthras: Why are you keen to ask mostly everyone of what they think?
Because I'm interested. Because it may lead those people to restate or rethink their stances, or look more closely at someone they had been avoiding (accidentally or on purpose). Because it may prompt them to build a case instead of just posting one-liners. Because one can often read between the lines to the motivations behind the posted opinion. It's useful.

McNoble:
Bookthras:Since you're taking suggestions for your vigkill, I suggest saving it for the eventuality that we mislynch at M/LyLo.
Well, if we mislynch at MyLo, we lost. That's what MyLo means. But I get the gist of your point, and will consider it. Thanks.

Based on this, I'll cast my votes.
Good choices. I hope the fact that you are supporting the lynches I want will prevent me from pointing out how bandwagony and hypocritical they are.    ...Oh crap.

Dariush:
Dariush, McNoble, Andrew: actual question.
Get out of my face.
Oh, you are such an adorable little troll. This is at least the third time you've failed to answer my questions. Avoiding questions makes you scum.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42