Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101597 times)

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Day 1: The Straw Poll
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2012, 05:53:26 pm »

Bookthras:
Do better how? Shit were going downhill so i...

Claimed cop. Yes, that was a cop claim, if it was misunderstood.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »

McNoble, dude, you're just digging yourself deeper. I fully admitted that what drew my attention to questioning you were "feelings" and "tenuous" like the overly helpful thing, which I found somewhat scummy. I then said so, and you abandoned immediately any stance that could be construed as helpful, and grew increasingly confrontational.

Here. You had been invariably polite, until I said "and a bit of that 'too helpful' vibe". Just a "vibe". your response? "I'm not trying to be helpful. I'm establishing for the record that you know what you're doing, so that if you keep doing it and it goes to shit you can't go "oh, I herpaderped, my bad" when D2 rolls around." Immediately disowning the behaviour that had been seen as scummy, and turning from helpful to "if it goes to shit I'll git ya!"

This. This reversal of attitude, is the first strong point of your scumminess. Before that, it was just a feeling, but this was undeniable. You can't read your posts before this, and after this, and not admit that there was a notorious change, can you?

From there, it got worse. No, "clarification of same" is not part of my case. "Abandonment of same when confronted with perception of scuminess of same" is.

Then you added others. Overdefensiveness? Aggresive overreaction to a vote? How about this:
and of turning markedly confrontational as soon as some of your actions were called scummy.
Surely you are joking, Mr. Feynman? If clarifying your misreading of my statement counts as confrontational in the version of English you are presently employing, then I shudder to imagine an actual confrontation.
Isn't that confrontational? Yes, it is. Were you confrontational before I accused you? No, you weren't. Therefore, you "turned markedly confrontational as soon as some of your actions were called scummy."

You can add your "rebuttal" as an additional point (as in "Lynch all liars").
So, when I'm being brief I'm lying by omission...
When you say my case didn't in fact include "turned confrontational" when you knew it did, yes. That's not brevity, that's deliberate omission, and misrepresentation of the facts. You lie. Lynch all liars.

Want one more? over-defensiveness.
... and when I'm being thorough I'm over-defensive.
Seems to me you are not being thorough. You are being dismissive, aggressive, deceitful, and panicky. Why? Because I voted you. Yes, over-defensive.

But the words speak for themselves, and it's not you who needs to be convinced. People will make their own minds and have their own reads. I welcome people's opinions of my case against McNoble.. I am, however, surprised at how quickly and utterly you abandoned that politeness of which you were so proud not ten posts ago. I thought it would have more of a spine, but oh well. Not even at his direst would Sir Humphrey Applebee sink that low!

Spoiler: OOC: Yes Minister (click to show/hide)

PPE:
Pranz: I don't know. Do. Reread the posts I linked way back when. Calm down, think, and play for your team to win.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2012, 06:12:23 pm »

Toonyman: Why are you throwing fellow conservatives under the bus? Shouldn't we all work together to beat Obamabot?
What are you saying here?

GAH.  You don't claim cop on Day 1, you cause so much massive WIFOM.  If for some reason you aren't scum then the mafia can either decide to kill a useful town power role or leave you alive and cause massive issues tomorrow since you DIDN'T die.

It's bad Pranz, it's a bad move and I DON'T like it.

@Bookthras & McNoble:
Woah woah WOAH woah, okay.

I don't feel McNoble has done anything but respond energetically, which is fine in itself.  I would need something more OUTRAGEOUS to vote on because there are higher class targets.  Sure I can vote more than one person but these votes need PRIORITY.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2012, 08:27:25 pm »

Bookthras:

You're claiming cop?

On the first day?

Pranz

Toonyman: Why are you throwing fellow conservatives under the bus? Shouldn't we all work together to beat Obamabot?

Are you willing to attack your fellow conservatives?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2012, 08:30:25 pm »

I'm wary of ToonyMan - I believe him to be scum. He is acting a bit too relaxed for my tastes, and those tastes involve 'comically bitter'. He does not seem serious, but too laid back, in other words.
Laid-back??  I can assure you my blood pressure is through the roof!
[ ... ]
MII thinks I am relaxed which is RIDICULOUS.  It's a state of emergency here!

Why, it is a state of emergency! Which is why I am so curious as to why you harbor such an attitude in such a serious crisis. I am glad you understand where I am coming from.

Really? Do you have anything to back your vote up with except for the fact that I called your ratty technique relaxed and expressed my distaste for your attitude? I smell OMGUS.

Toonyman: are you a true American and accept Intelligent Design, or a liberal commie who believes in the theory of Evolution? If you were scum, who would you kill tonight?
Of course BOOKTHRAS, everything science does is magic and does not require explanations.
If I were vile liberal scum I would kill PRANZ for not having enough red.

I vote TOONYMAN because he is the best leader clearly.

ANDREW425, why is your name Andrew?!  Is it a trick to deceive our great and proud and great COUNTRY?
And MII, WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE IDEA OF FREEDOM??

My first impression of you, and it screams scum. Nothing yet has swerved my opinion to think you are town.

It is ridiculous. Calling Andrew out for his name, just to later taking away the (pressure?) vote in this post just because he asserted his 'manliness'? If this is a joke, I am afraid I cannot find the punchline. RVS is for staring the game off with actual questions pertaining to the subject at hand - in this case, who the hell is the hiding, cowardly liberal scum. That was an all-flavour vote you made, not to be confused with a vote with actual fact behind it with some flavour on the side.

Voting Pranz because he doesn't have enough red. Yes, that definitely makes sense. The game just started at this point, so of course he didn't have enough red. In my opinion, you don't have enough red. ToonyMan, ToonyMan, ToonyMan, ToonyMan - someone hasn't not been doing their scumhunting homework!

Pranz:

Wait a moment. You claim cop? How is that possible?

All players get a single night action. (This includes individual mafia). If you have more than one ability that can be used at night, you can only choose one. Offer only valid for a limited. Terms and conditions apply.

I have never before heard of a cop only being able to use their ability for only but a night. Expliquer, s'il vous plait. Tell me, as well, why you claimed cop. What are you hoping to achieve by sharing this knowledge with the rest of us (except for the fact that they are pro-town; I am not sure if cops can be secret scum or not - that would be up to the moderator)?

Admittedly, i'm not very good at mafia, but i must ask you to place some trust in me. If i survive until next day I'll hopefully have some useful information for you all.

No.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2012, 08:49:26 pm »

Toony:
This is a crap answer.  Awaiting your next post.
During the vote-count I was only voting three people I believe.  Everything else was useful aggression for finding liberals.  As you can see it's doing pretty well.

I don't follow how your antics help you found scum.  Can you be more specific?

Pranz:  The signal to noise ratio on your posts is awful.

Andrew:
Andrew425 seemed oddly forgettable, so I decided to check his posting record, and now it doesn't seem so odd anymore. So, to make sure you don't slip out of sight again, I'd like you to tell me your Stance on the Issue of Economics.

My stance on economics are simple. The government is to clumsy and bureaucratic to ever be of help to us. We must let the free hand of the market drive itself.

Toaster: Are religious freedoms being trampled today?

Got any content to go with that fluff?

Bookthras:

You're claiming cop?

On the first day?

Pranz

You should explain why you voted him, even if it's "obvious."  Also, you're encouraging people to not scum hunt here, which is bad bad bad.

Mii:
All players get a single night action. (This includes individual mafia). If you have more than one ability that can be used at night, you can only choose one. Offer only valid for a limited. Terms and conditions apply.

I have never before heard of a cop only being able to use their ability for only but a night. Expliquer, s'il vous plait. Tell me, as well, why you claimed cop. What are you hoping to achieve by sharing this knowledge with the rest of us (except for the fact that they are pro-town; I am not sure if cops can be secret scum or not - that would be up to the moderator)?

1.  Pretty sure GG means if you have two night actions, you can only do one or the other.
2.  That's a terrible reason to vote someone, even so.  There are plenty of examples of one-shot abilities out there, including inspections.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

Obviously not.  The problem here is we need to figure out who is who.

@Mii:
I voted you first though.  I unvoted after liking your initial response and revoted afterwards because of your absolutely poor reasoning.  You can't call me scum because of my first post merely on the fact that it's my first post.  It's what you're saying and it's just nonsense.

Toony:
This is a crap answer.  Awaiting your next post.
During the vote-count I was only voting three people I believe.  Everything else was useful aggression for finding liberals.  As you can see it's doing pretty well.
I don't follow how your antics help you found scum.  Can you be more specific?
For one, people including you and Bookthras have stayed alert and focused.  Dariush would have acted differently as well, maybe get a little eager with thoughts like "we can get this lynch" or something.  Pranz ended up claiming cop Day1 which is interesting and I have no idea what is up with Tiruin.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2012, 09:04:00 pm »

1.  Pretty sure GG means if you have two night actions, you can only do one or the other.
2.  That's a terrible reason to vote someone, even so.  There are plenty of examples of one-shot abilities out there, including inspections.

1. Oh, thank you for clarifying; duly noted.
2. That's not my reason for voting him. I missed writing an important part of that post - I wanted to remind him about this post and how he needs to reply to it asap. It seemed Pranz jumped on the bandwagon because of a 'gut feeling'. I didn't like that. Being ignored makes me very, very sad, so to give him some incentive I made his name a pretty red colour.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2012, 09:10:58 pm »

Because I have amazing privileges and am allowed to post whatever I want here (except for votes, of course), I'm going to take advantage of that.

I think Toaster has the right idea. However, it assumes that you will be able to greenvote the next day. I also don't think it's a good idea to let Pranz make it through the day, give him a chance to get some results if he's telling the truth and get some scum hunting done in the meantime. I'm also not sure how to feel about the multiple votes system. I feel like it could be too easily taken advantage of by the Liberal-scum, it might be best to start off with the multivoting and ween it now to one or two votes by the end of the day to minimize what the Liberals can influence. Oh, and the greenvotes aren't going to do any good if you're all just voting for yourselves. But I'm sure you all already knew all that and you're all already considering the most townie (non-you) candidate to win the straw poll.

That's all you'll be hearing from me today! Good night and God Bless.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2012, 09:12:01 pm »

Mmph, I did say I was going offline...
Good Morning!

So first of all, My role is along the lines of a Double-Voter. To all those who wonder about it.

Only thing is, that double vote is random, I have no control over it, nor can I PM the mod on who it goes to. It is not a one-shot, it works everyday.

It's a PAC using my name to vote, in other words.

Bookthras and Tiruin:
why are you voting for >80% of the players?
RVS.

So a shortened version before I miss any of my multiple votes.
Unvote Dariush: You missed an RVS question.
Unvote Mii

Tiruin: I repeat, please tell us more about that "before I miss my multiple votes" or details about it. Please show us: double-vote me. Or someone else. This is important.
Multiple votes referring to the ability (which everyone has) to red vote everyone else. I should've stated the double vote thing, if you were so focused on it then.

Spoiler: @Bookthras (click to show/hide)

@ToonyMan: If you want to clarify something, then type it down! You're trying to slander my name by saying I'm misinterpreting but how can I get what your view is if you don't say anything! Your vote on me seems completely senseless by that.

@Pranz
Admittedly, i'm not very good at mafia, but i must ask you to place some trust in me. If i survive until next day I'll hopefully have some useful information for you all.
So you truly rely on a roleclaim to save you and not defend yourself now?
No.

PPE: MII
PPEII: ToonyMan then Mii

Gah, rereading it again.

PPE III: NativeForeigner

What?! How did he get in here?

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2012, 09:26:10 pm »

@Mii:
I voted you first though.  I unvoted after liking your initial response and revoted afterwards because of your absolutely poor reasoning.  You can't call me scum because of my first post merely on the fact that it's my first post.  It's what you're saying and it's just nonsense.

Wrong. You voted me first here, then revoked your vote here. I voted you here, as an RVS vote (which I was never satisfied enough with your posts to remove - the reasons for this you may find here). You didn't vote me again until here, for calling your style relaxing.

I can call you whatever the hell I want. Just because it is a first post does not make it exempt from every other post. You typed it, you posted it. That's good (or scummy) enough for me to vote you lynched.

Nonsense? Tell me why. Give me facts. Give me something that isn't caps-lock garbage or so overrun with flavour that the actual scumhunting (if there is any) is clear.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2012, 09:51:09 pm »

Tiruin:
So first of all, My role is along the lines of a Double-Voter. To all those who wonder about it.
Only thing is, that double vote is random, I have no control over it, nor can I PM the mod on who it goes to. It is not a one-shot, it works everyday.

Hmmm. interesting. Do me a favour, please: Do an "Unvote Everybody, then vote Bookthras (or someone else, just not Andrew)", in colour red, and request a votecount. I want to see how that's reflected. There's still plenty of time for you to undo it and unvote/revote however you wish after that.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »

@ToonyMan: If you want to clarify something, then type it down! You're trying to slander my name by saying I'm misinterpreting but how can I get what your view is if you don't say anything! Your vote on me seems completely senseless by that.
You said Pranz was a 'buddyer', you then answered a question for somebody else, defending them.  Something a 'buddyer' would do.  However, when you responded I had no idea what you were saying and neither did you apparently.

@Mii:
Wrong. You voted me first here, then revoked your vote here. I voted you here, as an RVS vote (which I was never satisfied enough with your posts to remove - the reasons for this you may find here). You didn't vote me again until here, for calling your style relaxing.
I can call you whatever the hell I want. Just because it is a first post does not make it exempt from every other post. You typed it, you posted it. That's good (or scummy) enough for me to vote you lynched.
Nonsense? Tell me why. Give me facts. Give me something that isn't caps-lock garbage or so overrun with flavour that the actual scumhunting (if there is any) is clear.
Nice acting.  Linking posts does not make it any more convincing.  You're just listing what has happened and trying to make it seem 'aggressive'.  I recast my vote on you because you were being scummy, your entire reason for voting me is absolutely pointless and holds no 'evidence' which even you want from me!  Pranz's gut feeling is as good as yours.  Your vote definitely has less base than mine.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:43 pm »

ignorantia juris non excusat.
Expliquer, s'il vous plait.
Damn it, Mii! Why do you keep talkin' in Mexican!? If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good enough for us!

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2012, 10:14:41 pm »

Nice acting.  Linking posts does not make it any more convincing.  You're just listing what has happened and trying to make it seem 'aggressive'.  I recast my vote on you because you were being scummy, your entire reason for voting me is absolutely pointless and holds no 'evidence' which even you want from me!  Pranz's gut feeling is as good as yours.  Your vote definitely has less base than mine.

Everyone! This is the perfect reply! I was being scummy. That's all I really needed to hear. I don't want proof or anything to convince me that Toony's vote isn't a bluff and that he's indeed not scum.

Linking posts does not make it any more convincing? Well, telling me 'I was being scummy' isn't very convincing either. I'll repeat a second time - give me facts. I want links, I want proof. If you can't give it to me, you might as well announce your true alignment now.

My post should have given you enough proof of why I believe you to be scum. Only a few of your actual posts were scumhunting, and as I before stated: the rest of your posts are useless flavour. I want some explanation, and damn it, I want it now.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42