Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101649 times)

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Day 1: The Straw Poll
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2012, 02:29:16 am »

The latter just crossed my mind, because that is the exact opposite of needing scum alive for your win.
Actually, the opposite of needing scum alive to win is to be town, isn't it? But that didn't cross your mind at all when typing that reply. Telling, isn't it, Mii?

Your misconstruction of my words has me tickled pink
You admit you are a pinko, then. Good.

A true conservative (having freedom held in high standards - let us not forget what freedom actually means) believes that freedom can range from theory to revealed truth. This is because, of course, we ourselves are learning things - shaping theories, making ideas, creating revealed truths such as Christianity.
Conservatives... shaping theories? Blasphemy! Such conjectures are the bastion of liberal scientists and the like. Worse: creating Christianity!? Heresy! We do not and have not created Christianity, it was bestowed upon us by the Creator God, through his son Jesus, to his chosen the Founding Fathers, by whose example we live. We don't create it, we just live and implement it. Your "creativeness", as described above, betrays your true convictions: you are a liberal pinko creative artist hippie, a RINO, and a scum. Vote MII!

Mii: Please tell me your opinions on the strength of conviction of Toaster and ToonyMan, and whether you think Urist McNoble's lack of posting should be held against him as a cowering RINO or not.

Seven. Wow, what a doozy! Anyway. Toaster asked me what I would do if I were scum, if you don't remember (or just didn't read it all). She did not ask me in any other circumstances. I was only thinking of what my scum tactic would be if one of my so-called scumbuddies had made a slip. Impossible in this game, seeing as how I am conservative.

Ha, tickled pink means amused. I did not mean it like 'pinko', but that is a very clever twist on words - I will give you that.

Ach, very, very bad word choice I made there, I must admit. Yes, Christianity wasn't made or created, but naturally came to be. It's one of the only true 'revealed truths'. Actually, it is not even a revealed truth, now that I more think about it. It's a truth that's always been there, whether we like it or not.

To answer your question.

My opinion of Toaster in this game has not been fully established, yet. He has only posted twice, after all. So far he has been scumhunting, though, so he is not on my radar... yet. I would very much like to continue my conversation with him to ensure that he is conservative.

I'm wary of ToonyMan - I believe him to be scum. He is acting a bit too relaxed for my tastes, and those tastes involve 'comically bitter'. He does not seem serious, but too laid back, in other words.

Urist McUselessNoble smells like a lurking pinko.. I would not vote firsthand just for lurking (on the first few hours of mafia), but give him a fair warning. I'll see later about him once he begins dropping subconscious scummy hints.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2012, 02:32:19 am »

Perhaps I should start placing my posts under the 'spoiler' function.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2012, 02:39:35 am »

Urist McUselessNoble smells like a lurking pinko.. I would not vote firsthand just for lurking (on the first few hours of mafia), but give him a fair warning. I'll see later about him once he begins dropping subconscious scummy hints.

Primus: I would direct my honoured colleague to the post immediately antecedent to the cited one. Specifically the non-flavour response to Bookie's inquiries.

Secundus: The typesetting convention for indicating suspicion is blue boldface. Pink, however thematically appropriate, is hard on the eyes for those of us who use old or cheap monitors.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2012, 02:51:00 am »

Andrew425 seemed oddly forgettable, so I decided to check his posting record, and now it doesn't seem so odd anymore. So, to make sure you don't slip out of sight again, I'd like you to tell me your Stance on the Issue of Economics. I'd also appreciate Toaster chipping in on the same subject.

Mod: Votecount, please.

Mod: Can we count on Issues being reasonably correlated to alignment? Or are you just Wining and dining us with them?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2012, 02:52:18 am »

Primus: I would direct my honoured colleague to the post immediately antecedent to the cited one. Specifically the non-flavour response to Bookie's inquiries.

Secundus: The typesetting convention for indicating suspicion is blue boldface. Pink, however thematically appropriate, is hard on the eyes for those of us who use old or cheap monitors.

Alpha: I see. I did not preview my post right before I posted because I was making last-minute edits (and doing other things) at the time, and didn't think that small bit was worth the preview. Lesson learned.

Beta: I did it for the theme, and was very much aware of the customary blue. I was not aware of the harshness of the pink, and personally found blue to be harder on the eyes. For your sake, I will use blue.

Gamma: Who here would you prefer have as your scumbuddy if the choice was yours? Why?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2012, 03:04:32 am »

Flavour
DariushUristMcNoble: are you a true American and accept Intelligent Falling, or a liberal commie who believes in the theory of Gravity?
No, absolutely neither. As any a humble and godly man, I believe that the Hand of G-d reaches out to touch each rock as it falls. And I will have none of this "intelligent falling" appeasement.[...] Wikipedia is a commie conspiracy! Don't you know that you should always refer to Conservapedia. [and the rest]

The force is strong with this one!
Unvote McNoble.

Bookthras: Are you a True American who wants to allow people to choose the school they find best for their children, or are you a nanny-statist who wants to imprison our youth in Government schools and subject them to Statist indoctrination?
The former, of course. Children are best served by doing whatever their parents tell them to do, be it study, work, serve as organ banks or whatever, but the state has absolutely no jurisdiction upon them! Teacher unions should be disbanded, and the free market decreed as the only mechanism to see which percentage of children are blessed and worthy enough to learn to read, rite and rithmeticizie.

Urist McUselessNoble is touring swing states patriotic rural communities at the moment
Ah, the Real America. Gotta love it, from Sea to Shining Sea... except the Coasts.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2012, 03:09:40 am »

Gamma: Who here would you prefer have as your scumbuddy if the choice was yours? Why?

I direct my honoured colleague to my previous submission. Second spoiler, second quote, specifically. My reasoning on the subject has not changed substantially in the intervening 1½ hours.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2012, 03:24:42 am »

I direct my honoured colleague to my previous submission. Second spoiler, second quote, specifically. My reasoning on the subject has not changed substantially in the intervening 1½ hours.

I read that too. I was mistaking you for someone else.

Sleep. I need it. If anyone talks to me, I'll respond sometime tomorrow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2012, 05:34:58 am »

How could I answer the question on why he chose his name when even I don't know why he chose his name.
Even I? That's a suspicious wording... as in, why would any random bloke know it, but why would even his partner-in-crime know it?

Tiruin: You said earlier that Pranz's post made you think he was scum. Why? If you thought he was scum, why didn't you press him further? Do you think Andrew is scum?
How suspicious? I worded it to mean me, specifically me. Are you trying to incriminate me by putting fake words into my mouth?

Oh, and Pranz hasn't posted anything from then on by the way.

Tiruin It's people like you who give bad names to us true Conservatives.
Ahh yes, just when I say something that had you're name in it, you slander mine by giving this. And you claim Conservatism straight off the bat, real shrewd, but I don't believe you at all.

Sure, Andrew425, target me and me alone, without any reason.

ANDREW425, why is your name Andrew?!  Is it a trick to deceive our great and proud and great COUNTRY?
ANDREW means MANLINESS, for that is the essence of what I am.
Perfect.  Unvote Andrew.
This is madness.

ToonyMan, you attack me for a totally unnecessary reason (which you don't want to "explain"), then follow up with this?! You Liberal Voter!

I mean that you called Pranz a 'buddyer' but decided to answer the question I addressed to someone ELSE, Tiruin.
ToonyMan: Where is your honor, defiling another's reputation because of his NAME! Paranoia all around?!
Oh look, I answered using a question! How great is that, ToonyMan!

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2012, 07:24:51 am »

Pranz:  How many games of Mafia have you played?

Not much forum games. Some EpicMafia.

McUseLess:
Both ToonyMan and Bookthras were the most active around that time and i were heading to sleep. It were just a vote to see reaction, but with a flavour reasoning.

ToonyMan:
I actually misinterpreted your reason. I thought you were voting on me since i had a "lack of red(votes)" but i see you mean political stance. Don't worry about that. Got plenty of red.

Everyone:
Anyone who votes themself for the straw poll i find suspicious. I think we should make it a general rule (and enforces it by votes) that you do not vote for yourself in the strawpoll. This will lead to actual reasoning behind votes.

OFF(and somewhat to Bookthras question):
I'm Swedish, so very specific flavourquestions about political debates currently in the US is hard for me to answer.

MOD:
I third(?) a votecount.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2012, 07:48:56 am »

Pranz:
McUseLess:
Both ToonyMan and Bookthras were the most active around that time and i were heading to sleep. It were just a vote to see reaction, but with a flavour reasoning.

A perfectly valid tactic. Having seen their response(s), what is your reason for keeping your vote on them?

Everyone:
Anyone who votes themself for the straw poll i find suspicious. I think we should make it a general rule (and enforces it by votes) that you do not vote for yourself in the strawpoll. This will lead to actual reasoning behind votes.

I dunno. With no claimed power roles, voting to make someone who is not yourself NK-immune does not strike me as obviously beneficial for the town.

The other use of the green votes is to shift more issues, but without knowing the state of the issues and having a full issue-claim (which I think I would actually rather like to get, since those do not seem to contain role power information) and some sort of plan for how to use the effective Issue doublevote.

Actually...
Everyone:
Does anybody have any objections to a mass Issue claim?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2012, 08:11:40 am »

Been busy enjoying sleep, so vote count time! Also, answering questions I come across.

Moderator:  If no one has more than half votes at day end but someone has more than any other, who will be lynched?  Is the current state of the issues known?
First: Maybe.
Second. All the issues are currently at "Moderate"! My bad, I was supposed to include those with each day post. I'll go back and add it, and now you get to know it here.

Moderator, please clarify: when does the day end? Will there be any more opportunities to extend after D1 ends?
The extension has NOT been used - it is simply available. We'd have to have majority request to extend to use it. If you guys think you need it to get through the weekend, feel free to use it.

Red means an attack add against another, you can run as many as you want?
Green means a self vote for the straw pole? Would anyone not want to vote themselves?
Yes. Yes (you can also vote as many as you want). Because of noone not votes themselves, no one wins, and no one is protected tonight by their Leader of the Pack status. It's definitely a possible outcome!

Mod: Can we count on Issues being reasonably correlated to alignment? Or are you just Wining and dining us with them?
They are generally related but not strictly related. A conservative will always be more conservative than liberal, and will at least be somewhat conservative overall.

Attack Ad Targets list! (Let me know if I missed one of your votes or unvotes!)
1. Dariush <- Bookthras, Toaster, Tiruin
2. Toaster <- Bookthras
3. Bookthras <- ToonyMan, Pranz, Tiruin
4. Pranz <- Bookthras, ToonyMan, Tiruin, Urist McUselessNoble
5. Andrew425 <- Tiruin, Bookthras, Tiruin
6. ToonyMan <- Bookthras, Toaster, Pranz, Tiruin, Mii
7. UristMcUselessNoble <- Tiruin
8. Mii <- Toaster, Bookthras, Tiruin
9. Tiruin <- ToonyMan, Bookthras, andrew425

Leader of the Pack:
1. Dariush
2. Toaster <- Toaster
3. Bookthras <- Bookthras
4. Pranz
5. Andrew425 <- Andrew425
6. ToonyMan <- ToonyMan
7. UristMcUselessNoble <- UristMcUselessNoble
8. Mii <- Mii
9. Tiruin <- Tiruin
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:01:23 am by GlyphGryph »

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2012, 08:21:05 am »

Issues! - Each player will also receive their stance on various issues - Social, Economic, and Religious. You may PM a night message requesting you attempt to sway public opinion one one of them in addition to any other night actions you make, which will change it by one point on the following scale:
Arch-Conservative -> Super-Conservative -> Conservative -> Moderate -> Liberal
The position of the various issues in regards to a nominees stance will determine who is chosen as the Last Man Standing, and may lock or unlock various player powers.

They seem somewhat related to powers in some way, not sure how though.

ToonyMan is gut feeling.
I'llunvote Bookthras however, and while reading through the thread i noticed your question:
I do not have any special info on Tiruin, wanted to see his first impression.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:01 am »

You were never voting for Bookthras in green, so you can not unvote bookthras

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2012, 08:28:28 am »

Ohfuckingshit48PPE:49postssincegamestartanditwasn'teven24hoursareyoufuckingkiddingme

DariushUristMcNoble: are you a true American and accept Intelligent Falling, or a liberal commie who believes in the theory of Gravity?
I am neither.  ???
If you were town and had a night kill, would you use it tonight? On whom? Why?
Dunno. Too early to judge.

Dariush: Do you think not being American will have an adverse effect on you identifying with the flavor of the game?
Fuck flavor, I'm here for the cookies.
When do you think the best time to use the single extension will be?
Either at LYLO or when at least several people will be absent.

Tiruin, Dariush, McNoble: Please give us your own opinions on the "theories" of evolution and gravity, versus Intelligent Design/Falling, and whether Freedom is also a theory (if not, then Mii should be lynched for saying it is).
Those theories are heresy and ought to be burned out with a bloody eagle.

Dariush: Who would you most likely prefer, if scum, as your scumbuddy? And if an SK, what would you base your kill on?
Toaster for both. If he's unavaliable, then Bookthras for both. If he's unavailible, then Toony for both.

Pranz, why are you attempting to steer the town and bandwagon onto Toonywagon without decent justification?

While I was writing this post, PPE2 raised post count to 50.

PPE3: to 51. Seriously, stop it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42