Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101511 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Day 4: The Caucus! Time to exchange some favours.
« Reply #570 on: March 01, 2012, 10:33:47 am »

Now that just wouldn't be cool!

Unvote.  No Lynch. No Lynch. No Lynch. No Lynch.

(Note- I don't actually have four votes, but it's worth a shot)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 01, 2012, 11:05:45 am »

Know this - if the scum ARE all gone, the game will end at the end of day today with the resolution calculator I've got here to determine super winner. There won't be any dragged out battle between townies.

Which means we get to skip the National Convention, but that's probably for the best at this point!

Of course, that IS assuming scum are all gone by day end. Which will happen whenever I get the time to do it proper flavour-wise.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 01, 2012, 11:10:37 am »

Yes, yes, all the scum are gone.
Huh. Were those Toony and Tiruin?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 01, 2012, 11:12:27 am »

I was being sarcastic! In truth, everyone left is either scum or third party, with the exception of Bookthras. He just doesn't realize the trouble he's in yet. ;) ;) ;)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 01, 2012, 11:14:26 am »

AAAAGGGHHH!!!

You BASTARDS!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 01, 2012, 11:15:38 am »

I think he's lying.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:08 am »

He is.  I'm town through and through.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:56 am »

I hope so... suspense is killing me.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2012, 12:02:45 pm »

No, the mafia's killing you.

*out*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 01, 2012, 12:03:57 pm »

You're actually all my loyal cultists.  Dance people dance!

*stabbed by Think

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:22 pm »

So you guys want this closed? Yeah?

Okay, lets do this. Time to end day. (Sorry, got home from work after 8pm, running a bit late obviously!)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 01, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »

Oh, you.

::)

Well, at least I was right on Toony! (Hah).

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2012, 09:56:36 pm »

So you guys want this closed? Yeah?Okay, lets do this. Time to end day.

Do it! Close it! Let the chips fall where they may!

Two (well, four) men (well, three guys and a girl) enter (ahem, we were already here), one (well, two) men (hopefully) leave!

Yeah! Hooray for noncommittal post-apocalyptic cheers!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2012, 10:34:33 pm »

Spoiler: Game State (click to show/hide)

The day ends after a long and gruelling round of shaking hands, smiling, making promises and backroom deals, greasing palms, and ever shifting alliances. Candidates drop out of the race in exchange for guaranteed spots as the vice presidential candidate for the remaining nominees. Old faces come out of the woodwork to influence events and opinions.

In the end, only two primary candidates remain - Bookthras, and Toaster. Mii and Urist McNoble continue on in a vice presidential capacity, and all other players are eliminated from the race for good.

This would be the place where I reveal role flips for all the players, since we no longer risk them coming back as VP, but since this is end-of-game anyways, I'll just do it at the end. Also to make you wait longer, hah!

The day ends decisively, with Bookthras well in front. While both candidates put up a good showing, and Mii proves quite popular in her new role, Bookthras and Urist McUselessNoble manage to pull ahead with the help of public endorsements from several of the defeated candidates. Mii, despite being popular, doesn't even try to argue Toaster would be the best choice, remaining silent when asked and simply waving for the camera. But even with stronger support, it's widely believed Toaster would merely have narrowed the gap.

Going into the national convention, Bookthras's endorsements continue to pile up, and he easily sweeps the nomination, arguing the importance of an conservative economic platform.

All issues are shifted 1 to the left by the incumbent presidents campaigning! Bookthras shifts economics to the right!
Social: Conservative
Religious: Moderate
Economic: Arch-Conservative

Unfortunately, the actual race is only beginning. Bookthras and Urist, however, have gotten quite skilled at campaigning, and with Book's frontrunner status confirmed, they quickly shift the Overton window back in their own favour.

Unfortunately, the effect of their heavy campaigning is effectively a wash when combined with breaking free from the Republican voting pool and into the general election.

All Issues shift left! All Issues shift right! Nothing happens!

They fight the good fight, but the incumbent has the homefield advantage, and plenty of cash at his disposal.
The Incumbent gains 2 points.
All issues are shifted 1 to the left by the incumbent presidents campaigning!
Social: Moderate
Religious: Liberal
Economic: Super-Conservative

Putting their last efforts in, they do their best knowing they can only shift a single issue in the time they have remaining, against the president's campaign onslaught...

Social is shifted to conservative!
Social: Conservative
Religious: Liberal
Economic: Super-Conservative

And before the blink of an eye, the election is upon us. The battle is long, and fought hard, but in the end...

President: Arch-Liberal Social, Arch-Liberal Religious, Arch-Liberal Economic  -> 1 points
Vice President: Liberal Social, Moderate Religious, Liberal Economic  -> 1 points
+2 incumbent bonus
Total: 4 points

Bookthras: Social Super-Conservative, Religious Arch-Conservative, Economic Moderate -> 2 point
Urist McUselessNoble: Social Liberal, Religious Conservative, Economic Arch-Conservative -> 1 point
Total: 3 points

The incumbent remains President!

Unfortunately, it's not enough - in the end, the President keeps his seat. Bookthras, however, goes on to a successful career founding his own evangelical megachurch, and steadily builds support for his next run. He may have lost to the incumbent, but he did awfully well considering the challenges he had to face to get where he did, and there won't be an incumbent challenger next time around... and the population has four more years to get sick of this godless atheist influence.

He's going to make damn well sure of it.

Urist McUselessNoble does pretty well for himself as well. He returns to his seat in the senate, and remains the Libertarian Maverick his constituents know and love - truth be told, their pretty glad he wasn't stuffed into some useless VP position. He does well for himself, and he knows that if Books campaign drops the ball, well, he'll have at least carved himself out a reputation as a serious contender. And he can continue influencing legislators and building support with another four years in congress...

The other candidates go their own ways, many of them driven from public office forever by the brutality of the attacks levied against them during the race. Not just their campaigns were ruined, but their public images were tarnished, their reputations torn to shatters, many had their families ripped apart by the difficulties of a long campaign trail and constant public resentment and pressure.

Many months later, papers are leaked to the press, and it is revealed that there was a coordinated Liberal effort to infiltrate the conservative party - that several disgraced conservative politicians had turned out to be on the Democratic payroll. The scandal rocks the Democratic party, and allows the Republican's to retake both houses of congress during the midterm elections.

Is this the first bright rays of day after the long night of a Liberal Communazi Nightmare?

One can only pray.

The game is over!

CONSERVATIVES achieved victory in the primary! Liberal infiltrators and the self-serving personality cults were handily defeated!

Bookthras became Super-winner by gaining his party's nomination! If he chooses to participate in the next game I run, he will be granted a special role with special powers!
Urist McUselessNoble has become the Stand-in Super-winner! If he takes part in my next game and Bookthras does not, he will gain that role and those powers instead!

Unfortunately, the LIBERALS managed to hold onto the Presidency! But you did well! Be proud! The Liberal menace is on its last ropes, and Conservatism will rise from the flames to lead this country to greatness once more, you are sure of it!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2012, 10:39:49 pm »

Role Flips!
Spoiler: TOONYMAN (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NativeForeigner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mii (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bookthras (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: UristMcUselessNoble (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pranz (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dariush (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Andrew425 (click to show/hide)

Scum Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/ZEYrVvaH7ddVK
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42