Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101517 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Day 4: The Caucus! Time to exchange some favours.
« Reply #555 on: February 28, 2012, 10:01:01 pm »

While Crossbone Gundam does have my favorite mech designs, I have to give it to Toaster for complimenting the Zaku II, a truly glorious piece of machinery.
Hrmph. I was close. And first! But yeah, he was closer.  So, that's for the issue, how about the endorsement?

So... anyone wanna make me their VP?
Heh. Yeah, I'll pass. I'm sufficiently religious as it is to get into a cult now. I'm glad to be vindicated on my read of ToonyMan as scum, even if not liberal scum.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 28, 2012, 10:59:23 pm »

Endorsement goes to Book because fuck yeah Crossbone Gundam!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 28, 2012, 11:18:46 pm »

Claiming in full just to settle it all, though I don't see the use now that there are...two people left in the race? It looks like everyone (pertaining to Mii and McNoble) just dropped out here.

The Conservative Paragon

Issues: Social Arch-Conservative, Economic Arch-Conservative, Religious Arch-Convervative

Hardened Will - Your issue stance will not change, regardless of any actions taken against them.
Out of Control Super-PAC - You get an an additional vote each day. It is automatically placed, at random, on someone other than you. You can not control this.

I guess the game ends when election is over, and not when only town or only scum are present like other Mafias?

Shifted Religion to less conservative in the night. Unsure if that worked, as I was killed.

Extend, as I'm unsure if anyone else but those who posted already endorsed.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 28, 2012, 11:22:31 pm »

Yep, just two people going into the caucus. Which makes sense, but it does raise the odd question of how in the world the general election is going to work.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 29, 2012, 01:37:29 am »

Oppose Extend. The only one we haven't heard from is Native. Let's not lurk away two RL days waiting for him unless Toaster views him as realistic VP material.

Book, Toaster: Have you sent your VP picks to the mod? If so, can we end this day? Because I foresee little productive activity beyond that point.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 29, 2012, 02:19:42 am »

Oppose Extend. The only one we haven't heard from is Native. Let's not lurk away two RL days waiting for him unless Toaster views him as realistic VP material.

Uh, I've been heard from...
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:28 am »

Since "I" won't be around today, and there's quite a lot for me to do... day ending today is rather unlikely. MAYBE later tonight.

But I got's me a date. :P

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 29, 2012, 08:03:52 am »

Congratulations.

Or good luck. Or whatever you say to that.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:46 am »

But yeah, endorsements are all in, nominations are all in. The day IS effectively over, I just don't have time to post the results.

I will reveal one thing, though - everyone who is not a Nominee or VP Candidate at end of day will be fully removed from the game, which means ROLE FLIPS!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 29, 2012, 11:27:32 am »

Since "I" won't be around today, and there's quite a lot for me to do... day ending today is rather unlikely. MAYBE later tonight.
Let's hope for tomorrow, yes?  ;-)

But yeah, endorsements are all in, nominations are all in. The day IS effectively over, I just don't have time to post the results.
Can we have a last peek at the state of issues before you go?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 01, 2012, 08:01:26 am »

Day currently stands at:

Public Opinion:
Social: Super-Conservative
Religious: Super-Conservative
Economic: Super-Conservative

Endorsements
Think endorses Book
Native Endorses Book
Urist Endorses Book

Players:
Toaster/Mii
Bookthras/Urist McUselessNoble

Will close whenever I find the time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 01, 2012, 10:08:19 am »

Looks like we'll both survive the day.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2012, 10:15:00 am »

Also, if Mii wants to endorse Toaster she should probably do that. :P

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2012, 10:19:07 am »

Looks like we'll both survive the day.

Yeah. I resent slightly the fact that the game wasn't over when the scum was out, though. This highlander-style finish feels a bit unfair. But "bastard" is not a compliment, is it?

Reminds me a bit of the last GG bastard I played, where Solifuge and I were last standing and were also forced to battle it out. Bastard wouldn't give us a shared victory.

Oh well, I guess there's nothing else for it. However it ends, it's been a very fun game.

Unvote. Toaster. Toaster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 01, 2012, 10:23:35 am »

Yes, yes, all the scum are gone. Third parties too. Totally. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42