Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 3  (Read 23017 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 2.5
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2012, 01:10:19 am »

"Sorry, I must go see the blacksmith first. I'll need a cage for the ember-bird: they're hell to contain without proper tools." Cat-Eye scratched behind his ears, as he often did when thinking under pressure. The cage, what should it be like? First, it must be airtight, so as to not let the beast free its wings from the cage; second, it must be made of iron or steel, for otherwise the ember-bird would burn its way out in the matter of hours; and last but not least, it must have a cooling system to prevent overheating. Now, the blacksmith himself wouldn't be able to make a decent cooling system, but Cat-Eye had a different craftsman in mind...
"Speaking of which, Kelan, do you want to trade services sometime later? I'll need a refrigeration system installed on the cage, and I don't think you'll say no to a free augmentation or two."
Go to the village's blacksmith; buy a steel-wrought container that can be bolted airtight and a set of copper tubes.
After that, follow the rest of the group and proceed with the plan.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:38:54 am by HmH »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2012, 03:21:36 am »

I will try to get a response from the two that are missing

"Poke Poke"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2012, 05:40:45 am »

((Did you try PM'ing?

I think we need to auto Varence[holymaoh] and Kelan[Nevyn_Jendak], the former was online last Feb 28 while the latter was on March 9. Unanimous decision with the plan, though.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2012, 05:54:03 am »

I would rather see if i can get either Nevyn to post, I actualy know him and i did pm them when I said pokepoke
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

holymaoh

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaughter can't be spelled without laughter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2012, 02:45:49 pm »

Yeah sorry about that schools been picking up so not alot of time and i will try to leave skype on wolf so you can msg me whenever i just keep forgetting (or turn it off because i am getting hounded to play lol) anyways this may be slightly vague but i am in a bit of a hurry so mer.

Varrence slightly lost do to his short attention span decides he will do what he can by making some health tonics and some basic poisons to assist in any fight that may ensue. Then turns and ask the group if there is anything specific they would like made.

"Hard pressed on my right.  My center is yielding.  Impossible to maneuver.

Situation excellent.  I Shall attack."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2012, 06:48:34 pm »

Nevyn Has 24 hours, if he fails to post in that I will do a turn regardless

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2012, 04:46:32 am »

"Right, about your role in the battle, Varrence. Give Leon two of your darts and one vial of paralytic poison. Once the ambush is sprung, you two will take out the bandits at the flamethrower; due to the generally subtle nature of paralysis, their comrades will be much less likely to notice - and replace - the losses than if the distraction team killed them with firearms."
Cat-Eye glanced at Jos. Their unofficial leader didn't seem angry at all about his people having ideas of their own... on the outside, at least. Still, Cat-Eye decided it would be safer to put the most dangerous part of his plan in one short sentence.
"As soon as they're down, you, Akth and Kelan will hijack the flamethrower and turn it against the bandits. Questions?"

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2012, 10:34:42 am »

Jos glanced at Cat-Eye, making temporary eye contact. The man seemed to jump subjects, from an Ember-bird to less orthodox plans. Jos was unreadable for the most part, professionally keeping his emotions hidden. He was wary of giving actual orders to the group, they were all independant mercenaries, and he gave leeway as such in respect, which keeps morale.
As a result, he wanted to interject, assuring that the three could make their own decisions. However, Jos' job were firefights, and Cat-Eye was talking to the ambushers, melee centric for the most part, or magical, an area even more alien to him. He silently handed over those duties by remaining silent and letting Cat-Eye do his bit. The others were more than capable to say no, after all.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 3
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2012, 08:48:04 am »

Sorry About The delay, Giving Someone time snowballed out of control, from now on hard 48 hour limit no exceptions

Turn 3: In which there are no visible ROLLS

The Group of ten Follows the Trail through gentle (if barren) Hills, Eventually Coming to a deep River, With Grass on either Side for about 10 meters, 30 Meters From the Hill they are standing on, and also the closest point to them, there are River Rapids, from what is discernible at this distance, the water is just a little shallower than waist high, and could be waded through without assistance.

After Surveying the scene, obviously the crossing point for the raiders, the four marksmen/women take up positions on the hill, while the two ambush teams move to flank the river, using grassy hills to hide in, with team one being 15 meters away from the ford, and team 2 10 meters.  After about an hour of waiting a small party of 10 approach and start to wade through the river, four of them seem to be carrying flamethrowers and the others all have various  small arms. There is no discernible leader of the group.

(Your turn is Just as they start wading)

Quote from: Distraction Team
Spoiler: Aurin Velias(Tiruin) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ambush Team `
Spoiler: Cat-Eye(HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ixi Ternock(Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Akth gealo(Ahra) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ambush Team 2
Spoiler: Kelan(Nevyn_Jendak) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leon Solinn(Talarion) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Varence(Holymaoh) (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2012, 08:52:17 am »

Wait until they are at the middle of the river before firing at the farthest flamethrower wielder in the group, preferably aiming at the leg or lower body.

Aurin whispered to the rest through the use of world magic, "Let's wait a bit until most of them are in the water. It may bog them down, or so I've heard."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:40:01 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2012, 09:03:27 am »

Ixi nodded to Aurin. She realized she was the most poorly armed of her team-nothing but an old utility knife on her belt-but she did have her magic.

She placed both hands to the side of her head, pointer fingers forming an arch on either side, and concentrated...she decided Cat-Eye was probably a safe bet, and she didn't trust her skills on a one-on-one duel with anyone.

Ixi saw Cat-eye preparing a body-altering spell that was better for fighting by himself, so she switched attention to supporting the other one.

Action: When the attack begins, Use my mind magic to try to slow the reaction times of one of whoever Akth is fighting in melee. Otherwise coordinate my attack with him and watch his back.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:43:52 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2012, 09:13:50 am »

((We're seperated, Dwarmin.  :P

Edit: Mages have the best weapons and know how to utilize them properly: their minds.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:19:32 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:04 am »

((Huh. O-o

I only realize now it was a really bad idea for me to volunteer for the ambush team. I've got no armor, melee skills and the worst weapons in the party. :P

Editing!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2012, 09:19:12 am »

Dwarmin, Your magic (Body Magic) Requires physical contact, and yours as per your request needs a tattoo focus, or is at least harder without it

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2012, 09:21:15 am »

((@Wolf: I'm using Mind magic right now, what do you mean?))

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13