Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 3  (Read 23041 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) (Turn 1.5 - waitlist open)
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2012, 11:21:26 am »

(Ah, Anders. The only person who actually did anything plot-related in Dragon Age 2, and only at the end. The main thing I hated about that game is Hawke never once felt like a hero; s/he just felt like a schlub that was always in the right place at the right time.)

Vynam moved toward the exit. "I'll return in two hours, then."

Vynam looks for more ammo for his handguns before returning to wait it out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

holymaoh

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaughter can't be spelled without laughter.
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) (Turn 1.5 - waitlist open)
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2012, 04:48:31 pm »

(damn i miss ser pounce-a-lot.... and da2 had some story let downs but the game play was better in someways then da1 though thinking about it it also had some let down mainly the specs were shit...)

Varence Decides he is going to use this time to make tonics for the trip who knows how long they will be out there. everyone could use some extra strength and endurance.

"Hard pressed on my right.  My center is yielding.  Impossible to maneuver.

Situation excellent.  I Shall attack."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2012, 07:34:46 pm »

April simply sat down and got a little relaxation.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »

Aurin smiled at the gesture of Ixi, she didn't know the land and was unfamiliar with it.

"Then let us walk, maybe admire the landscape before we head out?"

((Whatever action Dwarmin takes, I'm confident enough to follow him.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2012, 04:03:53 am »

"Yes, lets.

I also thought to gather up some travelling supplies. Bedrolls and rope, never leave home without them..."

Ixi smiled.

Action: Ixi and Aurin take a walk, enjoying the landscape-and stocking up on travelling supplies.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nevyn_Jendak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2012, 01:18:07 am »

*Smiling as the councilor tells them to return in two hours, Kelan turns to leave, his mind whirring as a new idea enters his mind.... going back to his workshop for a while he starts to work on a camo cloak... something to generate a field around him that will disrupt his image and make him effectively invisible... providing he has the materials...*

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 2, Introducing Truck
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2012, 07:40:16 am »

Sorry for the delay guys, I had a few job seeking seminars to go to

Turn 2

wait and drink
"I'll get to polishing my kitten's mouse-catching tools, then! What do you say, Ser Pounce-a-lot?"
Take out the kitten out of my duster and increase his body's muscle density, making him stronger without making him bulkier.

{power=4+3}{control=3+2}{efficiency=5+3}
Ser Pouncealot stamina -21, Gains [dense muscles

(damn i miss ser pounce-a-lot.... and da2 had some story let downs but the game play was better in someways then da1 though thinking about it it also had some let down mainly the specs were shit...)

Varence Decides he is going to use this time to make tonics for the trip who knows how long they will be out there. everyone could use some extra strength and endurance.
{tonics=2+1+1}
Make 5 doses of Experimental tonic,  (+1 to physical actions 1 turn after drinking, for 1 turn, -1 to physical actions for 3 turns after that)

April simply sat down and got a little relaxation.

Quote from: talarion
not posted

When told they had 2 hours, Akth started to go for a drink, but the council gestured to the side, where drinks and food were available, "We expected some of you to want to stay, help yourself Akth, April and Leon made moves to help themselves and then sat down on the floor, a small distance away from the orc, who, probably just to spite the council, was spilling as ,much as was actually getting into his mouth. Varance graped seemingly random things from the buffet, but instead of eating them he distiiled, mixed and added to, the supplies, with the end result bein 5 vials of viscous yellow liquid, he stuffed them into his pack. Cat eye on the other hand, got out Sir Pounce-a-lot and took some meet from the buffet and while feeding himself and the cat, went to work on the felines muscles. All in all teh five that stayed had a relatively relaxed time.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yes, lets.

I also thought to gather up some travelling supplies. Bedrolls and rope, never leave home without them..."

Ixi smiled.

Action: Ixi and Aurin take a walk, enjoying the landscape-and stocking up on travelling supplies.
Aurin smiled at the gesture of Ixi, she didn't know the land and was unfamiliar with it.

"Then let us walk, maybe admire the landscape before we head out?"

((Whatever action Dwarmin takes, I'm confident enough to follow him.))
{luck 4}The day is beutifle, and the two women who normally shun pthers strike up a friendship, enjoying the scenery and watching, but not conversing with, the people in the central city, they even try some cooked food on the street, but they forget to shop for supplies, and return to the council relaxed and in good spirits, but without the supplies they set out for

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Only two hours? That was short notice for the council. Must be serious.

Jos looked down at his empty holster. ''Oh yeah...'' Jos said to himself quietly. He decided to use his two hours.

He went outside, heading to the shop where he had asked for the man to examine and repair the laser pistol. One shot was not going to be enough, in Jos' mind. Not like he was free from guilt. That pistol had been with him for years. It was time to get a new one, but he just didn't have the money spare after buying essentials.
He also decided to find ammo for his carbine. It's a weapon he was all too familiar with running out of ammo at the most crucial times.

He kept an eye on the time, working out to get back half an hour early.
{Luck: 4}{Luck: 10} The man has not had time  to fix the pistol, but understands that you are on a mission for the council,  however he had already spent the commision that Jos paid him for the task, So instead he provided him Extra ammunition for his conventional weapon.

Jos came back to the council frustrated, but with more ammo

+300 Carbine  bullets

(Ah, Anders. The only person who actually did anything plot-related in Dragon Age 2, and only at the end. The main thing I hated about that game is Hawke never once felt like a hero; s/he just felt like a schlub that was always in the right place at the right time.)

Vynam moved toward the exit. "I'll return in two hours, then."

Vynam looks for more ammo for his handguns before returning to wait it out.
{luck: 4} Vynam wanders arround the city looking for ammunition, unfortunately the ammunition he uses is in high demand, and the suppliers are producing more and tell him to come back later, this took half an hour for an efficient man like Vynam, with the remaining time he looked after his weaponry and helped himself to some free food.

*Smiling as the councilor tells them to return in two hours, Kelan turns to leave, his mind whirring as a new idea enters his mind.... going back to his workshop for a while he starts to work on a camo cloak... something to generate a field around him that will disrupt his image and make him effectively invisible... providing he has the materials...*

{Power=8+1}{utility=5+1}{Interface=3+1} You Create a device that will turn you invisible for 3 turns, this must all be used in a row, and unfortunately it requires a full micro-fusion cell, draining it so completely that it will be slow to start recharging
Stealth Field generator Or you would if you were not missing that special something, but once you get that it should be a simple matter to integrate it in. Kelan makes it back with half a minute to spare.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When everyone is ready, You are loaded into the back of a Ute, an driven in a northerly direction, passing cities of green, in a world primarily brown. After a rough trip of what seemed like 10 years, You all crawl out of the back of the Ute, and it drives back the way it came, leaving you standing just utside a frontier Orc town, with a toung orc in grubby work clothes is walking towards you. "Are you the people the council promised to send? We have had 5 raids in the past fortnight, I am glad that they are finally doing something"

"Is that you Vance, I am glad you were chosen to be among those coming, I trust you to do what you think is best for us, rather than for yourself"

"3 of them seem to carry a weapon I have read about called a flamethrower, very destructive weapons, they are not here to take, but to destroy. Who could do such a thing, when pretty much anything of use is still scarce"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2012, 08:44:53 am »

put on the spikes again, ask about where they come from
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2012, 08:49:43 am »

Ecstatic from the time she had in the city, Aurin looked at the surrounding area. Bleak and depressing. Yep, this was the place.

"Do they strike in groups, or in intervals one by one?"

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2012, 09:11:16 am »

"I dont know about you guys but i have never heard of people actually using flamethrowers other than to scare, the fuel is too expensive so how in the blazes can they afford it for 3 raid after raid?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2012, 09:45:37 am »

Vynam made a scoffing noise. "Flamethrowers... a weapon for someone without any skill. All the same, it would be nice to have one. Just in case." The elf crossed his arms and tilted his head to the side. "Anyway, yes, we're the group the council sent. Can you tell us which way the raiders go when they retreat?" It would help them figure out which direction, at the very least, the raider's lair was located. "And did they have something uniform about their appearance? What I mean to say is were they all wearing, for example, the same color shirt, or a rope around their left bicep, or some other distinguishing article of clothing?" If so, that meant they were organized and had a purpose. Not having one didn't necessarily mean the opposite, but to his mind it did tilt the probability scale toward the raiders just being a bunch of disorganized thugs causing trouble for shits and giggles.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:09 am »

Flamethrowers... great. Jos hated those things. They were devastating on the battlefield and was a horrible way to die. They were very rare, but in the combat situations he had been involved in, they were around. Jos had always considered himself lucky none of his comrades had ever died to such things.
He had hoped he could set up a defensive perimeter, using cover. That had to change now. Fire had that distinct ability to ignore the giant bunker everyone thought they were safe in. Instead, keeping distance away from those things were crucial.

''Do you know the approximate range of these things? Or better yet, any skorch marks that I can look at to guess their range?'' Jos enquired, in between everyone else's questions.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2012, 01:07:48 pm »

"Have there been any sightings of a huge bird made of flames, also called the ember-bird? I heard rumors of scorched treetops in the woods nearby, something only a fireball or an ember-bird could cause." Cat-Eye thought carefully what to tell the orc. If the locals didn't believe him, then the village would be endangered the moment the ember-birds showed up; however, if they took his warnings too seriously, they could drain their resources trying to build over-the-top fire prevention systems. The ember-birds' fire wasn't much hotter than normal fire, and their only tangible part was their coal heart. Even primitive reinforcements would render them harmless.
"If there is a nest of them near the settlements, then you should cover your buildings with wet soil or raw hides as soon as you can, so that the fire doesn't spread. Ember-birds are attracted by big fires, and should the bandits use flamethrowers..." Cat-Eye let his voice trail off gently so as to avoid giving specifics. The orc didn't need to know that there was no record of ember-birds aside from folk tales; even if they were but legends, it would be better to err on the side of caution.

holymaoh

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaughter can't be spelled without laughter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2012, 01:56:39 pm »

Varence smiled as he looked around. this place had been like a second home to him he often stayed here when he was doing his research in the wastes. Though still mostly raped up in his thoughts he managed to still say hi to his old friend and give a few small bits of encouragement about the people he had only just met. he figured he would leave most of the major investigating to the others he would help out when needed and speak to some of the locals but as for the questions themselves the others would have to decide what to ask...

Before he completely got lost in his own thoughts he told his friend fire protection would be a good thing even if these "ember-birds" don't exist. It would still be useful against the fires of the raiders.

"Hard pressed on my right.  My center is yielding.  Impossible to maneuver.

Situation excellent.  I Shall attack."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2012, 07:18:13 pm »

Follow the group. I mean, the bandits weren't attacking now, were they? If the others found out anything interesting, follow them. If not, find a nice place to wait.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13