Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 3  (Read 23037 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) (Turn 0 - waitlist open)
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 10:02:47 am »

Derp. I can't mindread. Huge mistake. Edited.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2012, 10:07:43 am »

:P

Fun fact, in the original ATM, Elves had to have atleast one magic skill. Cause, Lorewise, they killed non-mages. Not sure if that still applies though.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2012, 10:29:19 am »

:P

Fun fact, in the original ATM, Elves had to have atleast one magic skill. Cause, Lorewise, they killed non-mages. Not sure if that still applies though.

The PCs in ATM helped the world, the effect on elves was one of those ways, but the bad guys were also elves so there are some serious prejudices

Also dwarmin, I hope I was not misleading you, but I meant that the tattoos would be focuses for you're body magic, making it easier but requiring you to have them, that said i can have the turtle stay there, it will be a focus for healing body magic, and the other one I will have you scribe and then use, to give yourself a gland or something like that of an electric eel
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:35:10 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

Cat-Eye wouldn't have paid any attention to the attacks were it not for the rumors of strangely charred trees next to all of the attack sites. They said it looked almost as if something flying set trees on fire... maybe an ember-bird was to blame? Cat-Eye wanted to go there and investigate the place himself.
Besides, Cat-Eye was running out of monsters to hunt and clients in his other line of work, and felt like changing the scenery. And a second-line encampment was a good place to go, wasn't it? Orcs valued their bodies a lot. Every orc wanted to be stronger, tougher, more agile, better endowed... and the best mages their towns had were probably some small-time dabblers. Cat-Eye's seances would have been a hit in the orc community! He couldn't let the chance pass, especially if it would get him closer to catching the ember-bird.

Pre-Action 1: At the market, Cat-Eye bought a steel box to carry the ember-bird's heart and a pair of hunting hounds.

Pre-Action 2: After he got out of people's sight, Cat-Eye altered the hounds with body magic to make their jaw and neck muscles as strong as possible, and reinforced their bones a bit so that they would not break from the increased strength. The rumors mentioned human attackers, after all. Cat-Eye wanted to make sure these dogs could bite through armor.

@Powder Miner:
When Cat-Eye arrived at the Council, he was dumbstruck as he saw the most beautiful thing in the world: a Stryker Anti-Materiel Rifle! Fire support from this baby would have been a godsend to a hunter like Cat-Eye: it could punch through dragonhide like it was butter, and its range of fire was simply outstanding.
Then Cat-Eye's attention switched to the person holding the rifle... well, she wasn't bad, either. And she had been altered with body magic - slightly, something only a professional would notice, like additional muscles on her trigger fingers and reinforced shoulderblades to compensate the recoil. A rookie or a common mercenary wouldn't know such augmentations were possible - the little lady had to be well-versed with guns to even think of those. Cat-Eye was absolutely sure he liked both the gun and its wielder, and approached them with great enthusiasm.

"May I compliment your rifle? It is a wondrous piece of gunpowder-based technology, an invaluable assistant to the hunter of large prey... it would be perfect if we could partner up on a certain project of mine.
Have you ever heard of an ember-bird? It's a majestic beast with wings of fire and heart of everburning coal, which nests near the tropical mountaintops and is said to lie eggs that glisten like living fire. I've been sent by my people to capture it more than a year ago, but have found not a single clue as to where I can find the bird. Not one, that is, until the attacks began...
Oh, I hope I'm not boring you with this, am I? I don't want to appear rude, especially to a person of your caliber.
"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2012, 01:42:29 pm »

A) Vynam was, more or less, in the right place at the right time. He would have never come to see what the council wanted if he hadn't been in the area, but that was the way his life worked. He drifted from from place to place like a leaf in the wind; usually a gentle breeze that disturbed nothing, but on more than one occasion a tornado that had left destruction in its wake. Not that he cared. Everything he had ever done was to ensure his own survival, and he felt no guilt for living. Nevertheless, to survive he had to eat, and his funds were running low. Perhaps this council would pay good money for investigating this problem, and things had been boring lately.

B & C) As usual, when he went to the appointment, he stood on his own. Two females, a human and an elf, were already speaking to each other. More curiously, the human female kept turning to look at him. He calmly met her stare each time, unblinking, until she turned away. Two more humans were speaking, a male and female. He paused for a moment to look at the woman's rifle; top of the line. She must have been born with a silver spoon in her mouth, Vynam felt, to be carrying such an expensive firearm around. Probably a big game hunter of some sort, too. He took a moment to put his back to a wall and lean on it, then checked out the others there. A male Orc who had been yelling about a lack of materials, a male human in body armor with a sword and a carbine, and a male reptilian humanoid with an odd sort of rifle. He studied it for a moment, then turned his eyes back to the ground and waited for the council to receive them. To further indicate he did not wish to be bothered, he pulled the broad brim of his hat down slightly and raised the red scarf around his neck to cover his mouth and nose, hiding most of his face, then crossed his arms.

D) The reason why he was low on funds was that, a few days earlier, he had paid a visit to a body mage and bought a few alterations. Specifically he had gotten quicker reflexes, the better to draw his guns and respond in kind when attacked, and sharper eyes, the better to see threats and shoot targets farther away.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 03:14:50 pm »

"Ixi, do you know any of the others? My memory isn't being helpful, but they are also here for the same thing right? Meaning to get answers from the rumors?" She noted their mannerisms, it did seem so, but she had to be sure.

Ixi had been looking at the grey eyed man again when Aurin asked another question. She turned back.

"...No, I can't say I do. I assume most of them are here for the same reason, or perhaps merely daily business. Usually the best way to judge someones intentions is to go up and speak to them."

She smiled, a little sadly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 03:56:52 pm »

"... or if someone walks up to you to hear better and then talks to you, dontcha say elf?"

ok if i jump aboard the talking?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 04:39:01 pm »

@Ahra: No problem! But, my char is a Human, not an Elf. :X

Ixi turned to the Orc.

"I suppose.

You were the Orc that was expounding earlier on lack of parts for your business, were you not? I think you got their attention, but they have worse things to worry about now.

Nice to meet you, Akht gealo. My name is Ixi Ternock. Are we well met?"

She knew a little bit of the Orcish customary greetings-and leaned forward to punch Akht on the shoulder with her closed fist. He was supposed to return it in kind, if he was angry at her and wanted to fight. Otherwise, it would be left un-returned, as decorum dictated. The return of the welcoming strike often ignited wars and blood feuds...something strangers to Orcish manners often found out a bit too late.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

HmH, April Eploc doesn't have any Magic at all.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2012, 05:05:29 pm »

*Bows head slightly forward* "well met indeed human, but you cant really call it a bussiness where i come from, i repair all things mechanical for the MECHTI Guild* and we are to do that for what... 15 years? so i handle cables and connect us to the water power, if only the damn stuff could hold together...."

*Mechanic,chemist,tinkerer guild the guys that keep things running in the colonies or whatchamacallit
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »

@Powder: He wasn't implying April had magic, just that she had certain augmentions that would be commonplace in a magic based society, I believe.

Like, Hunters with improved trigger fingers, or Cooks with improved taste buds, etc. It's not anything major, but everyone would probably have a little something.

----------------
Ixi nodded.

"Interesting work, no doubt. Technology was never my calling.

I'm here about the rumors, though. I'm sure you've heard...?

Personally, I think someone is attacking the Orcs and try and incite some sort of conflict between them and us...what do you think, Sir Gealo?"

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »

"HEARD? THE ******* ** **** **** *** KEEPS BREAKING MY STUFF!!! ahem i mean yes, we have met them a couple of times.
they are many,hit hard but not really kill by meaning it seems, and pretty cowardly when you shove this up their face a couple of times *Holds up steel knuckles*they take eachother away when they pull back so we cant interrogate em, if this continues some orcs will just kill all non orcs around their homes i fear..."
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2012, 05:35:23 pm »

Vynam shook his head as he listened, but said nothing. Hate and violence was just the way of the world. Who cared who was killing who for what reason? It was all arbitrary anyway. Everyone had their excuses for killing, whether it was racism, sexism, greed, pleasure, self-defense, mercy, or the ever famous 'it was an accident, I swear...' He didn't care. Death was a part of nature. Everything killed something else to survive. Plants crowded out other plants, herbivores ate plants, carnivores ate herbivores, omnivores ate everything. As for himself, eh. He killed when he needed to. He made no excuses about it. A living being's survival was their own business, and it wasn't his job to look out for anyone else. With that in mind, he pulled his hat brim lower and settled in for the wait. He wasn't interested in getting to know any of them, anyway. Chances were all of them would go their separate ways after this job, and one or two of them would probably die doing it. No point in wasting his time learning their names.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 0 (waitlist open)
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2012, 05:39:10 pm »

((OK, that makes sense then.))

(B:) April tried to put up her normal excited attitude, but when she thought noone was looking, she took on a distinctly worried frown. The truth was, she was very worried. She'd heard about the brigand attacks happening in other parts of the world, but she hadn't truly though of them coming close. It was threatening her way of life, and she didn't want to live alone for another few years. Not again.

(A+C:) So she'd come here. She was going to see if she could try and go to stop the brigands. She was confident in her skill with her guns. She could take them. She had to. It surprised her though that there were so many others here. An Orc, angry and shouting (he decided not to interfere with him), a few elves (she didn't have anything against them, seeing as she was one who gave second chances but she wondered if the council would see it so. There were a few other humans here, of course, and one with strange cat eyes came up to her, rather obsequiously complimenting her and her rifle and asking if she would help him with something to do with an "ember-bird" which, by the sound of it, he suspected to have to do with the attacks. She tried to look upbeat. "Well I had been planning to go already, so I guess that works!" She failed quickly, sighing and pursing her lips. "Unfortunately, I might be too busy dealing with the brigands attacking of late. ...I'm frankly worried about those attacks."

D: First April bought ammo if possible. She would need it if she would do what she would do what she wanted to do. Then she shot some targets to work some stress off.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:40:46 pm by Powder Miner »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 08:32:08 pm »

Ok Talarion I will do your items, and can you please post in this turn. And I will let in Holymao as well, because that makes an even number of players, AAAANNNNDDDD i kinda want a therianthrope in the game so i will get on the items for you two, please post turns when you can
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13