Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: I just got a candy FB.  (Read 17058 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: I just got a candy FB.
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 07:02:24 pm »

Dagon is a demi-god. It would only show up in the diety raws.

The new syndrome reactions might enable some of the more terrifying lovecraftian creatures though, like the Mi-Go, and their brain cylendars. (Syndrome reaction where a dwarf is turned into a brain cylendar, and a dead body.)

Deadly "humans" in the cavern layer with psi powers....

Nameless horrors and ephemeral creatures... oh yes. A lovecraftian creatures mod would be sublime. Soooooooooo many fun things live in the deep in his bestiary.

I was thinking that the deep ones should be primarily aquatic, with coastal enclaves. They should snatch adult females of other surface humanoids. I don't know if that's doable or not though. May have to just settle for ordinary snatching.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:08:06 pm by wierd »

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 08:01:45 pm »

Dagon is a demi-god. It would only show up in the diety raws.

The new syndrome reactions might enable some of the more terrifying lovecraftian creatures though, like the Mi-Go, and their brain cylendars. (Syndrome reaction where a dwarf is turned into a brain cylendar, and a dead body.)

Deadly "humans" in the cavern layer with psi powers....

Nameless horrors and ephemeral creatures... oh yes. A lovecraftian creatures mod would be sublime. Soooooooooo many fun things live in the deep in his bestiary.

I think that's similar enough to night creatures to be doable, actually. To be honest, any mod with even one of the unspeakable horrors of the Lovecraft mythos would be amazing.
I was thinking that the deep ones should be primarily aquatic, with coastal enclaves. They should snatch adult females of other surface humanoids. I don't know if that's doable or not though. May have to just settle for ordinary snatching.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:17 pm »

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 09:05:31 pm »

I'd prefer Yog Sothoth to come visit, knock up the kings consort and give birth to an FB and a Mutant.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

funymunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 09:38:47 pm »

I feel compelled to make some lovecraftian creature raws.....

Maybe after the new release hits.... mermaids? Pshaw. Those meddlesome dwarves won't know what hit them when the amphibious deep-ones, and shoggoth show up!

I'm in the middle of reading At the Mountains of Madness, so that would be pretty neat.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 09:40:54 pm »

Maybe after the new release hits.... mermaids? Pshaw. Those meddlesome dwarves won't know what hit them when the amphibious deep-ones, and shoggoth show up!

Did someone say...Cho'Gath?
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 09:46:29 pm »

Ahhhh. That would be the starheadded elder things!

Now, the million urist question:

Would you prefer the degenerate ones from mountains of madness, and their evolved shoggoth slaves? Or would you prefer the thriving outre ones, as seen in lights in the witch house? ;)

The deep ones are from the shadow over insmouth, and are totally different. They shepherded the shoggoth after the earth froze, as stated in the mountains of madness. The deep oceans didn't freeze, and the shoggoth down there survived. :)  the deep ones found them, and have made use of them after the downfall of their former masters.

The elder things are simply alien. Neither good nor evil. The deep ones on the other hand... different kettle of.....fish..... altogether! Muahaha.

*edit*

Cho'gath? Oh no, don't be silly. That handsome person is clearly sturdy and rigid in body, and not nearly enough eyeballs!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:54:36 pm by wierd »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 10:28:29 pm »

I'm in the middle of reading At the Mountains of Madness, so that would be pretty neat.
At the Mountains of Madness would make an amazing movie if directed by someone skilled.  Having a good budget for CGI would just improve things. ;)
I really need to catch up on my Lovecraftian reading.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 10:40:05 pm »

At the Mountains of Madness would make an amazing movie if directed by someone skilled.  Having a good budget for CGI would just improve things. ;)

The overly religious would probably hate it, even if it was perfectly done in a way that does the story justice.  The implications about the origins of terrestrial life that it poses would not sit well with many people with certain biases.

Regardless, yes, I would definately go see it.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 10:47:49 pm »

The overly religious would probably hate it, even if it was perfectly done in a way that does the story justice.  The implications about the origins of terrestrial life that it poses would not sit well with many people with certain biases.

It was being made but funding got pulled because it would be "too out there" and too weird, instead Michael Bay gets to blow things up.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 11:01:20 pm »

Eww..

Why not just have it directed by uwe boll or george lucas while you are at it? I think I am going to be violently ill! (Maybe it will cause a syndrome!)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »

Eww..

Why not just have it directed by uwe boll or george lucas while you are at it? I think I am going to be violently ill! (Maybe it will cause a syndrome!)

LIGHTBULB!!!!

FB's are dwarf fortress players who watched too many Micheal Bay movies and became corrupt!

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 12:01:39 am »

OP never posted a screenshot? I thought this was impossible.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2012, 12:37:10 am »

OP never posted a screenshot? I thought this was impossible.

I think OP was, erm, how do I put this delicately? I think the the OP may have been unfair to the truth.  :P

ActnMoviHeroBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 12:54:48 am »

It was being made but funding got pulled because it would be "too out there" and too weird, instead Michael Bay gets to blow things up.

Guillermo Del Toro is the one pushing for it to be made, and he could do it. Universal didn't want to make it an R rated, and they're not too happy with the ending or the fact that there's no love or even a female lead. He's looking for other options.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6