Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NooB Question: Is this behaviour normal?  (Read 897 times)

Gergow44

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
NooB Question: Is this behaviour normal?
« on: February 06, 2012, 04:54:31 pm »

I know how the randnomizer works, but there are "usual behaviour" in dwarf fortress. Seen something really strange, but not THAT epic in legengs? post it!

(also tell me if this has been done before, so i can remowe it)

for explame:
Are cannibal trolls like this normal?
Usnub Saintconfused the pick of targeting-troll female (died of old age) devours:
rhesus macaque 8; wolf 12; black bear 2; racoon 10; turkey gobbler 3; groundhog 6; badger boar 3; cougar 7; TROLL 69; badger of sow 2; grizzly bear 4; deer 9; mountain goat 5; fox 2; llama 2; turkey hen 3; bull moose 2; yak cow 1; horse 4; drake 1; donkey 3; cay of sow 1; mule 3; water buffalo 2; cow moose 2 ;goblin 1; elf 6; reindeer cow 1

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: NooB Question: Is this behaviour normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 05:00:30 pm »

You should look at an elf :P

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:08:33 pm »

Trolls don't have entity files, so they don't have ethics restrictions on their behavior.  Including eating other trolls.

Elves, on the other hand, do have entity files, which include ethics restrictions that say it's perfectly acceptable to devour sentients, but only after defeating them in combat.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Gergow44

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:42:36 am »

So this troll met other trolls more often, and was lucky enough to stay alive until she died of age. And eleven devours are almost  automatically get normal ranking.THX 4 your anwser!