Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 85969 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.2
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2012, 11:17:54 am »

Hive structure is undiggable supports to the greater hives above, or remains of dismantled sections. I't useless and intended as an admittedly fancy looking barrier. I personally like to smooth out and engrave any hive support walls I end up with.

The cultivatorum has "Cultivate Blood Fungii/Waxroot/Cavespore" which yields a from what i can tell 5-7 seeds or something like that of that type. As for the cavespores, think of them as quarry bushes. That cause fevers if you eat them as is. Waxroot can also be pressed into oil should you need it.

I don't think anything besides grox/wild grox will yield a stomach big enough for a bag (represented with them flat not being there.) Your only other options are leather and cloth. And if you find yourself hurting for rope, 3 hearts can be made into a sinew rope, though i don't recall where exactly.

Also, you can make organs edible by applying yeastbath to them. Need some blood fungii, bottled water, and an empty bottle to make it. I'd also recommend making fertilizer (Main post should have the recipe.)

And I'm right there with you on the setting. I feel bad saying that I'm fiddling around with it though (adding a rarish fuel source, improvised protection for hands, stuff like that.) Cause I really don't feel it's my place (I rageed when I finally noticed virtually no basic armor that wasn't  easy-to-perforate leather for assault troops aside from scrap body armor, and ranged combat being so heavily emphasized; it's too damn slow in DFs engine, and nowhere near as fun to read.) to do so. But Abregado's been a great sport about it and helped me in some stuff I'm doing for a seperate mod of my own. Seriously man, thanks for putting up with me.

Hope I was helpful Stuebi.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2012, 04:25:46 pm »

This would mean i run out of seeds at some point,
The plant goes through the "Prepare Harvest" step, then the resultant Seeds go though the "Sort Seeds" reaction. Then you should have some new seeds to plant. If yOu run out, you can use the "Cultivate plant" reaction as Splint said.

Remember you need to have Farming, Herbalist AND Threshing labours available to make this work!

making bags out of stomachs.
This is a vanilla DF bug. They cant be used if they are stored in barrels. You must set up a meat only stockpile that doesnt allow barrels at all. While your at it, set one for Fat and Tallow. These both suffer the same bug. Giving the organs [MEAT] tokens means that they get stockpiled properly, but also means that they can be eaten raw!

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2012, 08:58:30 am »

I see that i did some mistakes then, a big hug for the help guys!

Well, the Hive structure thing addiotonally adds to the feeling, that people were here before you and failed? What did their stuff look like? Its a nice touch. If i may give a suggestion, it would be cool if the stuff could be salvaged into goods or scrap Metal. It would give mining that extra touch of usefulness.

Other than that, reading Abregado's "Blog" where he pointed out that a Wild Grox is a very dangerous thing. Either i got lucky, or mine had brittle-bone-disease or something, my Hivers took two out in Meele without even a scratch :D
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2012, 11:17:19 am »

That my friend is the magic of the RNG God. And melee being a much faster way to deal with things unless the first bullet is fatal.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2012, 07:05:38 pm »

Problem: Because of the low boiling point of hive rubble to make it disappear, drillworkers will get frostbite,  and nearby wooden items will get damaged. I have had miners die due to lung damage, or permanently crippled due to nervous tissue damage. Any thoughts?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2012, 07:14:25 pm »

Personally I think it should weigh such a rediculous amount it'd be impractical fro trade in damn near any capacity. Having to rely on rockcrete is annoying, plus the rubble disappearing causes job cancel spams even with it disabled in a stone stockpile. Alternativly, make it so worthless it's still be impractical to trade.

And I've never had hivers hurt by it evaporating, save one time when a miner picked up a stone before it could vaporize and got a frostbitten spine. And she still kicked more ass than any of my 4 riflemen, 4 swordsmen, or my lone spearman.

Rockdrills are some nasty weapons in a pinch man. Proficent is all that's needed to really ruin someone's day with one. (several scavvies and wolf spiders ran into her whenever she was getting a drink from the well. It didn't end well for them.)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2012, 07:35:02 pm »

Personally I think it should weigh such a rediculous amount it'd be impractical fro trade in damn near any capacity. Having to rely on rockcrete is annoying, plus the rubble disappearing causes job cancel spams even with it disabled in a stone stockpile. Alternativly, make it so worthless it's still be impractical to trade.
I've fixed this by allowing it to be listed under the stone stockpile. Of course every time you put a stone stockpile down you need to remove rubble from it. No more job cancellations. Even if it had zero value, it still has utility value, constructions, and other things that dont require value would be unaffected.

I have had miners die due to lung damage, or permanently crippled due to nervous tissue damage.
Is it evil that I think this is OK.. feature not bug MUAHAHA.. but seriously I'll raise the temp so it doesn't happen as often.

Well, the Hive structure thing addiotonally adds to the feeling, that people were here before you and failed?
Yes I wanted to change the way people think. Currently most people think the settlement is outside the Hive wall in the ash wastes because, quite frankly, I named the dirt that. Really the settlers would be inside the hive wall in the Underhive. If only we had control over what the map features looked like like in Minecraft RNG'd maps...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2012, 07:43:52 pm »

Then there's a bug with that. I get horrible waves of job cancel spam regardless.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2012, 08:01:31 pm »

Yes the current version doesnt have Rubble listed in the stone stockpile. This means you cant turn it OFF, vanilla DF assumes it is on by default (silly oversight by toady). So every stone stockpile in the current version will always try to store it and generate a hauling labour which is immediately cancelled as the stone explodes.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »

Can rockrete or slag be made vein stones?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2012, 09:12:40 pm »

Iron Slag is already a vein stone. Interestingly, I'm reworking the stone layers right now, so let me know any names for Gems/Ores/Stones you can think of...

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2012, 09:20:21 pm »

Ceramite is a fairly common building material in the imperium. Solidified promethium would be interesting. I also had a feeling tiny clusters of stuff like industrial or military junk "ores" could be extremely valuable finds and you could find stuff like armasteel weaponry and armor in them when you process the stuff. Or tons of fuel and ration bars and maybe ammunition.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:32:12 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:52 pm »

Ceramite is a fairly common building material in the imperium
Yes, if you only look at the military side of the imperium. This will be an end game material and will not be easy to get.

Solidified promethium would be interesting
Agreed. Suds Zimmerman also recommended this. For now it will most likely be a trap stone.. aka EXPLODE ON CONTACT. I would like to put in place a refining process where you feed in Promethium laced rubble and attempt to extract the useful fuels/isotopes. This process will be dangerous for those working it and will have different levels of safety reagents you can add to make it less likely to explode.

I also had a feeling tiny clusters of stuff like industrial or military junk "ores" could be extremely valuable finds
I've tried a few methods of this, but all seem to be very "hacky". Using gems doesnt work so well, and using special boulders ends up with (*lost ammo cache thrones*) in your dining room...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2012, 11:43:52 pm »

junk military things would obviously be labeled an economic stone, so the hivers won't touch them unless sanctioned. Lost ammo I would imagine would be a mallium ore?

I'm fiddling with ores to try and make solidified promethium occur in small batches as alternate fuel (but hard to find.) If it were possible to make it occur in pools like magma sans the belowcrust sea but with say a toxic effect instead of melting, wpuld be kinda snazzy (with obsidian replaced by "rusted container shell" or something to mark it's discovery.) plus, as a lonly pool, it would, in the very long run, eventually run dry. dunno how that stuff works though.

I like the idea of including ceramite, though I'd say any found would need to be smelted at a plasma/promethium smelter that someone floated earlier as regular coke/charcoal fuel doesn't provide enough heat long enough to make use of it.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2012, 11:59:37 pm »

I'm fiddling with ores to try and make solidified promethium occur in small batches as alternate fuel (but hard to find.) If it were possible to make it occur in pools like magma sans the belowcrust sea but with say a toxic effect instead of melting, wpuld be kinda snazzy (with obsidian replaced by "rusted container shell" or something to mark it's discovery.) plus, as a lonly pool, it would, in the very long run, eventually run dry. dunno how that stuff works though.

If this were possible, you would have it already. It was one of the ideas that got Destroid and I into the Necromunda idea (Sump sea).

I got the new inorganics distribution nice. Every map I have tried has all of the inorganic types. According to !!SCIENCE!! I can put in about 5 more inorganic types without upsetting this.

Also, just testing out the new enemy civ and MEGABEASTS! oh have i said too much?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20