Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 85971 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.2
« Reply #210 on: April 23, 2012, 09:34:28 pm »

Doesn't it work if you go into the d_init.txt and just set graphics to NO?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:31 pm »

Yes, but then walls, vermin, and other things aren!t right.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 23, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »

Ok. Releasing RAWs that are converted to work perfectly are not high on the priority list. More likely that someone would make an ascii-esque tileset that can be dropped in as this would probably require LESS work than making, releasing and updating two sets of RAWs.

Have a look at
Taffers Tileset

Im sure with the Tileset Assembler (Pheobus made this i think) you could put together an ascii-esque tileset.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:40 pm »

[...] I love the mod but I hate graphics.

You don't know what you do to me.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2012, 12:08:49 am »

You cant please hardcore df fans with fancy gfx no matter how cool they are. In fact the way to make them happy is to create the most painful experience and call it fun :)

I remeber a good pic about this....*digs*

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2012, 12:11:30 am »

It was just a joke. Plus, sometimes the most painful experiences are the funnest. Just look at Pathologic and The Void.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2012, 05:04:40 pm »

I don't care for the graphics either, but that's just because they're so small on my screen. I may not care for them but I do have to admit Suds did one hell of a job on them.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2012, 08:28:22 pm »

They ARE cool, but I can't get them the right size on my screen.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2012, 08:53:50 pm »

They ARE cool, but I can't get them the right size on my screen.

This. I also can't tell which side of the Grox graphic is the front.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2012, 12:14:53 am »

Yeah, the problem is that the Ironhand tileset which they're based on is 18x18, which given the minimum grid size for DF gets re-sized on anything but widescreen monitors. On 1920x1080 they are fine as far as I can tell. I'd have opted for smaller tiles, but starting from a pre-existing tileset was easier than starting from scratch. You have my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

The right side of the grox is the front.

See? That's the head.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2012, 03:08:21 am »

Ok, now see? I thought they just had rediculouslylarge heads or something before now.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20:51 pm »

I've given the graphics problems some thought, and I've been talking with Abregado about making an ASCII version to be released alongside the one with graphics. Meanwhile, though, what resolutions can your monitors support? If you can get a width of 1440 I find that 1440x900 is a great balance between readability and size.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »

Why isn't hive ash diggable? I feel bad because on some embarks, everything below 1 z-level is ash. Checked using DFHack's reveal. Or can we just make it dangerous, like stone in Corrosion?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2012, 10:41:54 pm »

@ Suds - I have no idea what resolution my screen supports.

@ Mrhappyface - Try to embark near hills or mountain with running water if you can help it. That way you'll always have somewhere you can get underground. Might need to go upwards quite a ways, but they'll be there... Alternativly embark near caves, though face eaters like to be a nusiance early on there. A few dogs and a melee fighter or two can more than handle small groups of them, so you won't need to waste munitions on them.

I would imagine it's undiggable because your hivers don't have the needed hazmat gear to not be killed by the stuff it's made of. From what I understand, it's a rather nasty composition of all kinds of stuff that'd probably melt your lungs or something.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2012, 08:27:28 am »

Okay, i jsut jumped into this Mod and its great! The guys im "Leading" feel really desperate with Water production and gathering scratch do build new stuff. Still, i have some problems, pls excuse me if they were answered allready i tried to read up msot of the thread but its possible that i missed something:

- making bags out of stomachs. My first try had literally no animals other than Giant Wolf Spiders, and after killing them the Option at the Tannershop didnt become avaible. So i guess they dont have stoamchs? Or do you need more than one? An Alternative for Bag-producing would be nice, if you get unlucky and no other Animals spawn you're basically f*ked in the long run.

- Food production. I tried to get my head around it by reading the Chart and some of the Posts. But i cant quite grasp it, maybe because english is not my native language and im understanding something wrong. Anyway, that's as far as i got:

First i setup a farm, after telling the Hivers what to plant they promptly went to work. After that i promptly build a Cultivatorium, which said "prepare Harvest" after a while, shortly afterwards the farm was harvested. (i went with Blood Fungi). Now, the problem is that they shouldn't be eaten raw because they cause Fever (Cave Spores cant be eaten raw at all if im correct), so they should be cooked. But i remember from vanilla df that cooking destroys the seeds. This would mean i run out of seeds at some point, so i guess tehre's a Step im missing, or a Feature i overlooked.  Is tehre a way to get more Seeds? To prepare those Fungi without the loss of their seeds? Or an alternative Foodsource i didnt find yet?

- After playing a while on my first Fort, i found "Hive Structures" underground, they cant be mined, seem to be an enclosed Area and pretty rare as far as i can tell. What are they good for? Is there a way to breach in and look what's inside?

Excuse those Noobie questions, it usually takes me a while to get into a new Mod and learning it. Still the feeling is great and i tend to enjoy futuristic settings, especially if its from Warhammer 40k ;D
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20