Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 86009 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.1
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2012, 05:59:18 am »

Hey guys. Been away for Easter.

I noticed the problem with bars about 10 minutes before I left for my trip. Seems we are producing LOADS of bars from one reaction. I'll be able to fix it and re-release on tuesday (not at my pc).

Thanks Deon for the pillar tile fix, i had no idea how this could be changed in the game. Seen it in other tilesets but could figure it myself.

Suds Zimmerman has done an awesome job! He has also been really easy to work with. While I dont mind you using the tiles, I would send him a PM anyway.

Worldgen is set to 25 as nothing exciting can happen that doesnt break the game. 25 years seems to be enough that the invaders are strong enough to wipe you out and that all civs are prevalent.

Next ep of the walkthrough will be about farming, and the new plants, and what you can make from them. But it wont be until I have fixed the current build  :-[ Also hoping to actually play wasteland mod at some point (still want to finish my LP for corrosion if it will let me!!!!)

thanks for all the comments!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.2
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2012, 05:14:53 pm »

Since I love you guys, and because my girlfriend got up at 6am for a call to germany... I repaired the bugs and reuploaded a new version.

Also found a few more bugs while doing this.. and then played my current fort for an hour :D

You wont need to restart your forts to fix this, just copy the Raws from the new version into your save/raws directory.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2012, 05:21:10 pm »

Yay, thank you. I've recommended your mod to a few of my friends, you should have more fans now :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2012, 07:02:32 am »

Er, is there something preventing assiging trainers and such to animals? I wanted to train my dogs so they could put up more of a fight and try to tame some vent lurkers I managed to catch through sheer dumb luck and a male being to cowardly to leave one of my pillboxes, but the keybinds for those tasks have gone missing (it shows a '?' but that just pulls up the manual).

Any idea on how to fix it on the fly? I don't know what binds I'm supposed to look for.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2012, 05:16:31 pm »

Due to the way we move the mod to the new version, some of the newest keybinds went missing. If you grab the latest vanilla download and overwrite your /data/init/interface.txt with the newest one, it should work.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »

Ah. I wondered why they weren't there. That explains it. i moved the keybinds over and now I have apiar of vent lurkers. I'll admit I cheated and made them tameable as the chance to breed them was too great to pass up.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2012, 08:33:22 pm »

Can you let me know how fast they breed. They use the same eggs as helmet snakes but im not sure how fast you can breed them.
Between the snake organs and skin i wonder how many you will need to keep your settlement filled up with secondbest and wildsnake liquor

Also has anyone had any success breeding grox? I have had them claim nest boxes but i never get any young.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2012, 10:05:58 pm »

disclaimer: i am not the most amazing modder in the world. my knowledge is limited, but this is based on what i have gleaned.

grox eggs should hatch in something like 3-6 months at a guess (that's the normal time for any egg to hatch, based on latest !!SCIENCE!! threads i've seen). Grox should take 2 years to grow up (that's what "[Child:2] means". in the raws, it appeared you had another tag (the name for grox children) on the same line instead of on the next line and at the first tab, but i doubt that's the problem. most likely problems causing eggs not to hatch:

1) eggs removed from nest box for any reason, no matter how briefly (for example, to move them to a food stockpile which accepts eggs, or to use them for cooking).
2) mother leaves the nest box for any reason, no matter how briefly (for example, to go kill a vermin). i suspect this is likely your main possibility. try locking the nest box behind a tightly-closed door with no room to move off the box once the grox goes in.
3) something large (ie dwarf-sized... probably hiver-sized as well) other than the mother stands on the nest box. some !!SCIENCE!! shows that animal trainers who are coming to reinforce training *can* stand on the next box without preventing eggs from hatching, though i've not personally tested this to be sure (and i only saw one account, nobody had verified yet). general wisdom before was that this, much like the previous two, applies no matter how briefly the event occurs. it is also possible that the size threshold is determined by the size of the creature stepping on the box compared to the size of the egg or the size of the egglaying creature. more !!SCIENCE!! is required to know for sure.
4) you have too many of that creature type (or creatures in general) on the map at the moment (i consider this unlikely, but don't know your exact situation).
5) the egg simply didn't get fertilized. the RNG hates you, and there's not an awful lot you can do about it except to get rid of the eggs and hope it works out better next time. unless of course you didn't bring a male, in which case, well... the problem should be obvious.

vent lurkers *do* lay eggs, but *don't* have children if i'm not mistaken. you would need to mod the child tag in. without [Child:<number>] to tell the game how long it takes for a child to reach adulthood, you simply don't get children.

also of note, currently zombies will have children. not sure if that's intended.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2012, 10:23:27 pm »

Can you let me know how fast they breed. They use the same eggs as helmet snakes but im not sure how fast you can breed them.
Between the snake organs and skin i wonder how many you will need to keep your settlement filled up with secondbest and wildsnake liquor

Also has anyone had any success breeding grox? I have had them claim nest boxes but i never get any young.

I had limited success with grox due to thier small clutch sizes, which limits one's ability to make a home raised herd. I kept 1 male at all times to make sure the eggs got fertilized. I found out my pair vent lurkers was both males, so I need to wait until one stumbles into my traps. as for raising them, I would think I saw a vent lurker hatchling thing or some such, I dunno. If not then a simple additon needs to be made.

If they have really small clutch it'll take some time to get a decent "herd" of Vent Lurkers. Usually enough domestic grox migrate in as hatchlings and such to make thiers a non issue. Also, large rats are fairly prolific breeders and make a good food source if the civ tames them during world gen. did a non starter embark and was able to bring large rats as livestock.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2012, 10:26:32 pm »

Just started a succession game for 40k. Please check it out.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2012, 10:44:30 am »

I had a few ideas for other possible enemy civs,

Chaos Marines/demons-These guys could be an alternate way of getting the rare weapons, but maybe have hivers get a bad thought from possibly wearing a piece of the armor? regardless, these guys would have lots of heavy weapons, like the chainsword, maybe bolter guns? If they'd be added, make them late-game siegers.

ORKS-  Low armor, heavy armored leaders, various weapons.

Tyrannids?- just a elite endgame/megabeast civ, if they'd be a civ, have them attack en masse.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2012, 03:12:42 pm »

I could see chaos cults. Full blown marines would be a bit much though.

I know they have feral orks planned for later on.

There's the only 'nid that would make sense in the game, likely an evil area dweller: Genestealers.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2012, 07:29:51 pm »

Yes, as Splint has stated cultists are a possibility, as are feral orks (no/low tech) and genestealers (hybrid forms as well)

the planet Necromunda is a "secure" Imperial hive world. It is not a war world, and does not suffer from the constant battle of the rest of Segmentum Solar. Nonetheless, there are heretics, aliens and demons living in the undercity.

We are attempting to theme our game on 40k FICTION, not on the game itself. I highly recommend reading some of the fiction for this universe and discover how the tabletop game has not followed the fiction at all.

Space Marines are actually incredibly powerful troops. Chaos Marines even more so. Liken them to the Spartans from 300, except they are the walls of the impenetrable valley IN ADDITION to the troops holding it. It is said that many times, a few squads of regular Space Marines held back 1000's of Orks or heretics in wars across the galaxy.

That said, There is of course a Chapter house of the Imperial Fists space marines on Necromunda, a demolished hive in the wastes which was taken by Orks and countless cultist covens trying to summon forth deamons from the Immaterium... So dont write any of these things off!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2012, 07:54:26 pm »

I don't see why the fists would get involved in anything. SO they'd be best left in the fanciful critters section.

I would like to see the crap the heretics/orks pull though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20