Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 85973 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.1.7
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2012, 07:03:52 am »

Attempted to release this with the new stuff and 34.06 tonight but ran into a few issues. Will have to wait till next week now.

The current version available (1.1.7) is very thematic and gives a solid play experience as is. I would highly recommend trying it out rather than waiting for the newer version (which while similar is actually a lot harder!).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:35 am »

Looking forward to it. Also got someone else who may consider giving it a playthrough, so there's my good deed for the month: Free advertising of a great mod.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2012, 12:03:21 am »

hmmm... ok, did some mucking around with embarks that don't use pre-set stuff.

there appears to be a slight problem; i don't seem to be able to embark with an isotropic fuel rod. this means i can't make a water still, which in turn means... well, i suppose i can always drink from ponds and such, but really, i don't think that's the intent. i can embark with carbide and other fuel rods (which don't work, which i suppose is intended), and i can embark with isotropic blocks, stones, nest boxes, jugs, pots, hives, bottles, and wheelbarrows, as well as toys and crafts... but no isotropic fuel rods.

my understanding is that if i can't embark with it, they'll never trade it to me either.

long story short: you probably want to guarantee that isotropic fuel rods are an option for every civilization (at least, i'm *guessing* that what happened is the civilization i embarked from doesn't have them, since your example embark has one), and you probably want to remove all the other isotropic stuff :P (although i suppose it *would* make a handy material for extremely expensive stuff).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2012, 12:10:49 am »

A fuelrod is extremly expensive: 2500 embark points. I had to make sure I upped the point enough to bring a rod and needed tools and other essentials, as well as a couple grox and dogs.

How there's isotropic anything though is beyond me since it strikes me as a dangerous material to handle.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2012, 12:17:16 am »

A fuelrod is extremly expensive: 2500 embark points. I had to make sure I upped the point enough to bring a rod and needed tools and other essentials, as well as a couple grox and dogs.

How there's isotropic anything though is beyond me since it strikes me as a dangerous material to handle.

huh. well, that would explain it =S

ok then, so new suggestion: make isotropic fuel rods not so expensive on embark ^^ (or at the very least, increase the default embark points to be able to fit at least one in =S )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2012, 12:23:33 am »

Well it's really something that you can take care of yourself; Alternativly, go without and hope no-one dies in the well.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2012, 10:52:48 am »

hmmm... ok, did some mucking around with embarks that don't use pre-set stuff.

there appears to be a slight problem; i don't seem to be able to embark with an isotropic fuel rod. this means i can't make a water still, which in turn means... well, i suppose i can always drink from ponds and such, but really, i don't think that's the intent. i can embark with carbide and other fuel rods (which don't work, which i suppose is intended), and i can embark with isotropic blocks, stones, nest boxes, jugs, pots, hives, bottles, and wheelbarrows, as well as toys and crafts... but no isotropic fuel rods.

my understanding is that if i can't embark with it, they'll never trade it to me either.

long story short: you probably want to guarantee that isotropic fuel rods are an option for every civilization (at least, i'm *guessing* that what happened is the civilization i embarked from doesn't have them, since your example embark has one), and you probably want to remove all the other isotropic stuff :P (although i suppose it *would* make a handy material for extremely expensive stuff).

The issues with isotropic fuel rods and materials are well known, and do not appear in the next version as the fuel rod comes in a case that is unpacked at a special workshop.  In the mean time, chances are that the fuel rods were available but you did not have enough embark points (if you don't have enough they simply won't appear in the list of available items).  There are plenty of items (or rather, are in the next version  ;)) that you can't get from your home civ and are only available from the Guild.  The Underhive worldgen settings grant you enough embark points to purchase a fuel rod.

Other known bugs in this version are a few of the monsters currently not appearing in the world, namely; zombies, vent lurkers, giant rats and dome slimes.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2012, 01:54:34 am »

While testing 1.1.7 I found that only one out of about 8 embark attempts suffered from the no isotropic stone problem. If you can access isotropic nest boxes/ect and not the isorods then it can only be that you dont have enough embark points as the others have said.

Increasing the embark points on world gen is an option for your early games. The next version also has no more "isotropic jugs, nest boxes" ect, as it is no longer available as a stone layer.

Thanks for pointing out problems you are having. It really helps to let us know which problems to look into first!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.1
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 09:29:06 am »

WOOO! Version 1.2.1 is up for you all!

Thanks for being patient with us and also for all the feedback.

New documentation is coming as there have been HEAPS of changes in the new version. For those early adopters...

Make sure to build a Cultivatorium before its time to harvest. The harvestable plants are not useful for anything until prepared there (threshing). You will get seeds and usable plant material. The seeds must be processed (herbalism) before being usable. Grow times for plants have been lowered, so if you have enough labour you can get 2 plantings in 2 seasons, or simply set your plots to only grow in the first season for each plant type (the safest options).

The salvage/scrap metal is hidden on the map, but is gathered using the "Gather Plants" designation. Set up your Reclaimator Shop and wait while the scrap starts to roll in. Once you have enough build scrap weapons and armor for your early settlement. If you get "parts" you can repair these to get a valuable trade commodity.

Bags, ropes and flasks are tannable directly from various organs at the Tannery. Also Grox hides will yield 2 leathers now, and spiders, geometrids and plated creepers will yield a chitin plate that can be made into decent armor.

The guilders wont come until you trade heavily with the Hiver civ. If you want power weapons, you wont be able to exploit the Trade Depot deconstruction bug anymore...

There is more... but ill work on some proper documentation soon.. and hopefully a video tutorial

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2012, 11:54:48 am »

This version will hopefully be compatible with MacOS as it does not have DFhack and others pre-installed.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2012, 04:11:21 pm »

crazy thought, but i'm just curious if you could simulate the various types of guns using a reaction that takes bullets and gives them a syndrome.

now, unfortunately, i doubt there's a syndrome that causes an explosion (although i'm not going to rule out the possibility of one being made), but if you just want different damaging effects, it should be doable. if nothing else, some of the basic stuff should be possible... i could certainly see using it to simulate, say, a needle rifle.

(of course, you'd also have to make sure the correct ammo is only usable in the correct gun, but given DF has stuff like bows, crossbows, blowguns, and maybe a few others, i figure that shouldn't be a huge problem...)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2012, 04:39:05 pm »

I look forward to this. Also, I find it odd that fungi in what can only be described as a closed environment know what seasons are...

But regardless, I can get dfhack myself, so I look forward to this updated version.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2012, 05:30:18 pm »

(of course, you'd also have to make sure the correct ammo is only usable in the correct gun, but given DF has stuff like bows, crossbows, blowguns, and maybe a few others, i figure that shouldn't be a huge problem...)

this is actually a big problem for us. DF has a few bugs with how dorfs select ammunition for their weapon, and how quivers work. So far for ease of gameplay we have made it such that all weapons use bullets and bullets are only made from one type of metal.

of course that wont stop us putting a plasma gun in if we can!

I look forward to this. Also, I find it odd that fungi in what can only be described as a closed environment know what seasons are...

Thanks for following Splint. The cave spores might change later on so that their farming processes are different from overland plants. For now I wanted people to try out the new, more labour intensive farming system and get some feedback.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2012, 05:47:37 pm »

On plasma guns, and potentially making them onsite, as far as I know they use ammo suited to the weapon so fuelrods of oter materials (namely ferroplas) could be used to make ammo in a sense of a workshop that requires things only the guilders can provide, and at great expense.

Essentially, and if possible, a workshop requiring specific blocks (plascrete or plasteel bars) two isometeric fuel rods (requiring expensive trade with the guilders) and a few machine parts to make, and then combining a ferroplas bar with some kind of catalyst to make a fuelrod, and then repeating the process with double of the catalyst and the resultant bar to make plasma bolts in a stack of say 15 (to represent what I assume is normal for a plasma rifle battery) The only problems would be getting it to cause the desired injuries and the ones leftover from firing as far as I can see. And maybe make it possible for the battery production shop to explode into it's component parts, injuring or flatout killing the operator, with the chance decreasing with I guess higher furnace operating skill.

That'd make it dangerous to try and make the things yourself, and both the weapons and batteries (bolt stacks) being more attractive but more expensive. WOuld it be worth losing workers/soldiers to make a single charged battery? Maybe, if you can take the hit. It'd be a little bit contradictory, but I can see them at least trying to make ramshackle plasma guns so they won't be totally dependant on the guilders for that at least, but every attempt to make a battery could litarallly blow up in your face...

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2012, 05:58:07 pm »

That'd make it dangerous to try and make the things yourself, and both the weapons and batteries (bolt stacks) being more attractive but more expensive
This is similar to what we were thinking. The weapons will only be available from the Guilders, but the ammunition can be made on-site with tools also only available from the guilders. So for Needle Rifle you buy the guns from them, and a tool/plan on how to make needle rifle ammo.

Plasma guns will initially only go in for use by the outlaw civ. They wont be a firearm item, instead will use an interaction to shoot a glob of hot stuff. When they die they will explode, explaining away why you cant pick it up. Redemptionist flamers will be the same.

Obviously a normal Necromunda gang can get both of these as common items, but I would like to see each civ being different both in looks and gameplay.

Since you are playing a Settlement group, Most likely the first heavy/special weapons you get will be in the form of fixed emplacements. Hoping to have a workshop that temporarily gives your guy an interaction attack, rage and makes him immobile. You can set these up in strategic places overlooking entrances, paths, ect. Ammo packs will be sold/purchased to limit the amount of activations you have have per siege.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20