Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 85978 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.1.7
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2012, 02:27:24 am »

Ahh....... See I didn't fully understand the flowchart, and barely figured out how to get the weapons manufactury online with ferroplas and carbide. Still haven't quite gotten the hang of it but I'm making progress. So far the only hiver death has been a fishery worker who got whacked by spiders while she was gathering pond slimes.

I made a mess of yeast, so if I don't need limemilk I can get good and proper brain bleach flowing at last.

I also resolved it by putting an extra loom down in the domes near the silk. Cleared the problem right up, though to make sure it got taken care of I had to burrow someone down there, so it seems to be a distance issue... That person provided tiny amounts of edible meat in the form of dead face eaters when they jumped him mid-silk collection. Seriously, these people are nasty unarmed combatants, and I love it.

Although as it stands I'm struggling to keep everyone fed, but at least thirst isn't an issue as they don't hesitate to drink well water. Thus far, aside from a lack of alternate thread (dry sinew maybe?) I've got no issues now. You guys really have done a stunning job. Only Scavvie contact has been a snatcher and he got a sever case of autgun stock to the brain, so thus far things have been suprisingly peaceful aside from the constant spider attacks my stubgun fire team promptly bludgeons to death.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 02:35:00 am »

I never actually playtested using the stub/autoguns as melee. Perhaps they are unbalanced.

The sinew idea is awesome, ill put that in. Ive been looking for more uses for the organs. Stomachs and Pancrea will be tannable directly into bags (an idea ive had on the feature list for a while now). If you guys can think of anything else that could be made from livers, hearts, brains ect, let me know. 40k should be gruesome!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2012, 02:52:19 am »

I never actually playtested using the stub/autoguns as melee. Perhaps they are unbalanced.

The sinew idea is awesome, ill put that in. Ive been looking for more uses for the organs. Stomachs and Pancrea will be tannable directly into bags (an idea ive had on the feature list for a while now). If you guys can think of anything else that could be made from livers, hearts, brains ect, let me know. 40k should be gruesome!

Actually I ntoiced the damage they caused was heavily influenced by the wielder's own brute strength, with initally weaker recruits only doing heavy bruising/torn skin. Physically stronger recruits could flat out shatter bones and chitin with a well aimed rifle stock. And given 2 out of three are made of what i assume is fairly dense and (relativly) heavy material I'm not suprised (No clue what carbide is though.)

I would imagine the kidneys could be used as waterskins, as they'd probably be the right size for a human soldier to use as one of those camelbacks or something, unless grox kidneys are smaller than the art would lead me to believe.

Also them Grox are handy in a fight, handier than the dogs ever are (though they help protect thier owners.)

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 05:25:33 am »

Currently the autoguns use standard crossbow bludgeoning ability, and since they can only be made from metal they are quite powerful, but will be nerfed in the next patch.  Chainswords along with a bunch of other new weapons will also be in to expand the armoury a little, still haven't decided on the best way to implement them yet due to the annoying way squads handle ammunition, which makes having multiple different ammunition types in a single squad impractical.

I'm a little surprised a lone hiver can feed himself on face eaters, they are usually encountered in groups.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15:51 pm »

I was honestly expecting him to die myself. But given where they hail from It's understandable. He probably faced nastier crap just reaching the settelment, so a bunch of annoying flappy things with a bad temper should be no problem. They also decided to follow mook chivalry and attacked him one at a time from the little pit they crawled out of. I still fear for his life cause I know there's an orb weaver roaming around (while searching for plascrete and underground rockcrete I saw orb weaver silk laying around the domes.)

Also, even after deconstruction of the spare loom and unburrowing, silk collection is running properly now.
Those little dome spiders are great for making injured soldiers shut the hell up over torn skin. Pathing issue averted for now.

Also its a shame that it's probably not possible to implement resources stashes(in the form of walled up rooms with random preserved supplies in them) Which would encourage exploratory mining for more than just iron slag/ comrpressed-cretes.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 07:02:19 pm »

sinew ropes are in! of course there is a small problem with getting tendons and ligaments to be created when I butcher animals. I know i've seen some in my butchery during my games.

Planning on making a "large animal skin" material that will yield 2-3 pieces of leather when tanning. Seems funny that a single grox skin clutters the tanning workshop to no end but only gives enough leather for one bag!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2012, 07:32:05 pm »

thought that myself, but just chalked it up to coding. If you just used base humans for the Hivers, i can see why Humans are almost always the most successful in vannilla; They're much better built for fighting than dwarves, elves, or goblins. But I'm going off track.

I figured the meat and heart would be sinew candidates (making you sacrifice food/brewables) but if you haven't hit the domes and the waxroot harvest hasn't come in, it'd be good to have if you have someone needing stitches.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2012, 07:54:45 pm »

found the problem with sinew and butchery. Will get Destroid to add sinew into some of the body plans.

Currently Ive got the sinew being processed straight to rope. If i allow it to be thread at any stage then you could have *dog sinew cloth* which doesnt really work so well.

Also, for those of you who are deconstructing the trade depot, two things...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And for those of you who are having trouble feeding your hivers:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2012, 08:04:12 pm »

Who needs power weapons! Honestly It may be making my learning process easier; A miserable little hole in the ground couldn't be worth attacking. I do plan on branching out once I get the hang of things on the starter settlement.

And If hair can't be processed to cloth, why not class it like that? The it won't be used for cloth, and you have it tor stich up the wounded (stright to ropes is rather nice though, I'll give you that.)

Alot of the stuff that would/should be working out is crap I've either deliberatly ignored to mess with more complex things or it flat never occured to me. Doesn't help that I keep forgeting to make the hivers NOT process the waxroots to cloth (which is why I've gone down to the domes for silk)

I honestly can't wait to see what you guys have in store when you get around to a full update. I haven't enjoyed a mod this much since adventuring in the DF2010 version of Civilization forge.

EDIT: Ok, some of the custome profession names aren't all that clear. What exactly to chemists. scavangers, and refiner exactly? (I was able to figure out scribe=bookkeeper and foreman=manger)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2012, 02:06:14 am »

Actually some of those profession names were just thrown into the mix. They should be changing in the next release as we have caused some normally hated professions to be considered awesomely required (Thresher/Miller).

Chemist is the bloke who operates the water still (Brewer). Been debating if we use a different profession for that one. Mechanics doesn't work as you often need emergency lever pulling.

Refiner... not sure actually. I haven't played the 1.1.7 version for a while now ;)

Stomach bags now in and working :D Made sinew rope created from 5 hearts if your really in a bind for ropes. Thinking of trying to get bones to break into "uncarved bone" items to deal with stack usage issues. Just doesn't feel important enough overall!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2012, 02:35:19 am »

scavanger is appearently herbalist. I've told a friend about it so he may pop in and give this wonderful mod a whirl too.

And I contributed to a mod! I feel speshul.

Also, i seem to have hit an odd crashing bug. I haven't the slightest what causes it and it renders the mod unplayable, forcing a redownload.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2012, 05:34:24 pm »

It corrupts the whole DF installation? or just the currently genned world?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2012, 05:53:04 pm »

Whole installation usually, but thus far, with constant saving, this time around the crashes are world restricted, but not impossible to try to replay.

Good thing too. I just finished the spot for my cave spore farm.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 11:05:12 pm »

Awesome. Can't wait for this in .34.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

jdiddleymspot

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2012, 02:34:12 am »

Cool. I'll have to check it out.
All dwarfs have beards and wear up to twelve layers of clothing. Gender is more or less optional. - Terry Pratchett "Guards, Guards"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20