Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Superhero Evacuation Project (Swords and Psychics...)  (Read 16240 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Evacuation Project
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 12:18:10 pm »

Ooh, cool. Let me see what I can work out.

EDIT: Any better?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:29:48 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 12:36:44 pm »

That works. I'm going to go to school/work out now. Admissions are closed once I get back, or once we get two more applicants.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Evacuation Project (Admissions Closing Soon)
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 01:04:58 pm »

Post is up, just in time to miss the OP  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Evacuation Project (Admissions Closing Soon)
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 04:07:18 pm »

Alright. Sign-ups closed.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 05:07:55 pm »

Is able to release a thick screen of smoke in order to conceal his location from any opposition.

I'm glad I brought a gas-mask C:

Looking forward to this. Sounds fun.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »

So can I put up my sheet and be in or am I waitlisted for now?
Raggle Fraggle

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 07:10:11 pm »

Dangit, waitlist.

Spoiler: Waitlist application (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:01:58 am by Powder Miner »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 11:58:47 pm »

Dangit, waitlist.

Spoiler: Waitlist application (click to show/hide)

He just doesn't fit into this modern world, better send him into SPAAAAAACE
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 12:01:46 am »

...He's also 17.
lol

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 12:57:05 pm »

Prologue:

The shuttle lurches to a stop on the final landing zone. You have arrived. You and your colleagues are instructed to leave your luggage on the shuttle: It will be delivered to your temporary lodgings. You step off the shuttle and onto the colony of Planet Truman for the very first time.

You are greeted in the terminal by an ancient balding man. With a slight Scotish accent he introduces himself as Governor Henry Green. "I am quite sorry." He quips "But FTL travel is almost as fast as FTL communication. We only just got the message you were coming yesterday. We don't have a proper hall of justice, or even a few adjacent apartments ready for you. As thus you will all be staying in my mansion for the time being."

You are all ushered into a bus and taken out for a lunch of Chinese food with the Governor. The menu at the eatery is expansive and filling, and the governor pleasant company. He explains that the Colony of Truman consists of four major domed areas. Roosevelt Dome, where you are currently located, is home to upper and middle class housing, the shuttle port, and the colonial government. Hoover Dome is home to the mining operations and lots of cheap housing for the poor. Eisenhower Dome is home to the colonies' manufacturing, as well as some middle to lower class housing. Truman Dome is huge but sparsely populated, home to farming, ranching, and rural housing. The domes are connected by a complex system of tunnels full of rest stops and shady makeshift towns. There are also countless small private domes, run by corporations or religious pilgrims who want little to do with the government.

"I must admit I'm glad your here. Especially you Kevin" The governor explains with a sheepish grin. "We have been having all sorts of problems with gangs and rouge supers. We got some real nasty ones running about."

On the bus ride back Kevin and Symon give the younger heroes a brief history lesson. Governor Green is actually an old school super with a checkered past. He patrolled Scotland as a hero before WWII, and was involved in the raid on Kyoto that ended the great war. He defected to the USSR shortly after the war, and teamed up with Natasha Volt to chase the first Doomlord across eastern Europe, eventually bringing the vengeful killer to justice. Shortly after catching Doomlord Henry began to develop super-supreamist leanings, and defected again to join a gang of super powered radicals in Ireland.

Green spent the rest of his very long career as a mercenary, usually working for the the wrong side in conflicts started by Super-Supremacy groups and rouge states. Despite his actions and ideologies he was fairly well liked by the superheros of the world. He was often the go-between who negotiated the surrender when his side inevitably lost. His power over the human body granted him the ability to kill a man, even a superman, with a snap of his fingers, but Henry Green was morally opposed to causing lasting harm to super-beings.

It was a young Shadowcaster who finally captured Henry Green 14 years ago. The Vigilante had bumped into him the night before while investigating a drug case. Green explained that the Meth Lab was his safe house, and intimidated Kevin into leaving. When Shadowcaster heard over the police scanner that Green was fighting Dynamic Man, he returned to the safe house, and waited. Upon his return Henry Green was exhausted and drained of power. It was a simple task to nail him with a tranquilizer bolt and haul him to the police station. The capture put the young Vigilante on the map.

On account of his past heroic deeds and affable nature, Henry Green was allowed to choose exile from the planet over jail time. Symon explains that Governor Henry Green is using his own powers to stay alive and healthy, and that he is likely in his late 90s or early 100s.

Eventually you arrive at the Governors mansion. Your makeshift lodgings seem to be a large Gymnasium with a bed, a dresser, and a desk for each of you. There is a connection to the colony-wide network so you can surf on your tablets. Lillian's area is cordoned off by cubicle walls, but you are all well aware that such obstacles will not stop the telekinetic blind girl from 'watching' you change.

You are informed that you have fee reign to explore the Roosevelt Dome, and that the governors staff is working quickly to get you the required paperwork and ID cards to enter the tunnel systems and explore the rest of the colony. Governor Green invites you to bug either himself or his district attorney who works across the street should you want work.

You may now post actions...

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Evacuation Project (Begin!)
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 01:27:28 pm »

Adam quickly dropped off his things in his cubical in the gymnasium, leaving everything in a travel bag, with the exception of the pistols. Adam pressed his finger against the lock's touchscreen, and with a click the case opened revealing a pair of 9mm pistols covered in a digital winter pattern. They were a parting gift from CSIS before they sent him off to this place, but to him they were nothing but tools to be utilized. He ritualistically replaced his red dress shirt with another that looked nearly identical ignoring the fact that he hadn't closed the curtain to his room. He looped his arms though the twin shoulder holsters that soon criss-crossed his back. With a quick flick of his arms his pistols were in the holsters, and with another he clipped in his tie.

Since CSIS hadn't contacted him yet with further orders he would have to accept orders from Governor Green. Adam was never one to question the authority of the government, and this was not the time to start, even if the man had a questionable past. The only thing that stood in his way was that he wasn't exactly sure how exactly how badly the shuttle ride affected him. There was only one way to find out.

He walked into the open hallway of the makeshift housing and started stretching as much as he could, shifting a few bones with a series of sharp click in the process. Breaking into a sprint a dull glow emanated from him as a duplicate of himself fell forward, twisting in the process. The doppelganger landed facing the original with his hands cupped as a springboard as the original stepped onto his hands. Adam was sent at least a good ten feet into the air, where he did a quick aerial spin drawing his guns in mid-air. His doppelganger faded into a pile of dust that flew into Adam. He landed a little shakily with his feet being a half a foot wider than intended, but it was good enough for the kind of  grunt work that the governor would most likely have.

>Find the governor for work.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:07:38 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 01:31:33 pm »

Symon Zelenko sat down carefully, holding onto the desk for support and  massaging his aching temples with his free hand. He'd never liked FTL travel, and despite what the ship staff had claimed, these modern engines weren't a very large jump up from the primitive Hawking-field machine he'd been forced under in the late nineties. But there was no point dwelling on it - the headache would pass, and they had work to do here.

That brought him back to Green. He'd never trusted the man, never trusted his disturbing lack of loyalty to any cause or ideal. And now he was Governor, more than capable of causing trouble for them if he felt like it - and they had no guarantee he still stuck to his refusal to kill. Symon glanced over at the vigilante Fitzgerald. There had to be bad blood between them, despite Green's act earlier. Men like that did not forget. He couldn't voice these thoughts to the others, of course - this 'apartment' was guaranteed to be bugged. He'd have to take the old bastard down alone.

Symon paused. What was this line of thinking really being prompted by? Seeing Green still alive and as healthy as ever had brought some old frustrations back to the surface for him, sure. With similar powers, he could have continued his duties actively, and enlisted against this second Doomlord...

Symon shook these thoughts away from his head for now. He'd have plenty of time to worry about Green later. He would need to get a sense of this colony first.

Check the news and current events on the network with my tablet
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 02:45:39 pm »

Mini-Turn Symon:

You log onto the Tablet, and after several minutes of fusterating searches, you find the colonies' major news site TNN. You scroll down to the crime section and quickly find two stories that catch your interest...

The first story is headlined Young Gadgeteer Raids Assembly Plant in Mechsuit. You discover that some girl, going by the super identity 'Synthetic Kiss' broke into an assembly plant in the Eisenhower Dome. The article includes a link to Synthetic Kiss' Meblab feed. Meblab, as you quickly learn, is planet Truman's version of Twitter and Synthetic Kiss is one of the most followed users. On her feed she brags about her crimes, justifies her actions with out of context quotes from famous people, and posts pictures. From the pictures you determine that this villain is just a kid, perhaps even younger than Lillian.

The second interesting story is titled Sacred Heart Hostage Crisis Enters Day 50. It would seem that a gang of so called militant atheists and communists have broke into a small private dome run by the Catholic Church and kidnapped a few nuns whom are being held somewhere in the tunnels. They demand 30 million USD and that the Vatican remove all churches from the colony. The article notes that taking into account the distance between Earth and Truman responses from the USSR and the Vatican will not come through for three more days. You know for a fact however that the modern Soviet Union is highly unlikely to support terrorism, communist or otherwise.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »

Lillian flopped down on her new bed, a mixed bag of emotions: the space trip had been kind of disappointing; what with the shuttle's low-impact takeoff, the pilot thwarting her attempt to shut off the ship's gravity, and the fact that she couldn't see out of the portholes, it was almost like a plane trip... until the FTL drive kicked in. Man oh man- that was a rush she'd spent most of the day coming down off of, and she allowed herself to grin like an idiot at the memory. Everything was just a tad lighter, too- they must really be on another planet now!

But then there was this Henry Green fellow... it was obvious that Kevin and Symon didn't trust him farther than they could throw him (which, she had to admit, was probably a fair distance in Symon's case), but she'd done a little light probing into his thoughts over the course of the day, and nothing unusual had turned up... She sat up and started manually rifling through her luggage for her MP3 player and a water bottle while mentally dragging her suitcase up into her lap.

Had the comminique announcing their arrival tipped him off that she was a telepath? Was he attentive enough to pick up on the subtle physical cues that she was using her powers, even with the rest of the group holding his attention, or sensitive enough to feel her presence in his mind? She wasn't really that great at reading minds, but even when she screwed up and tipped off the subject that she knew what they were thinking, they'd subconciously tip her off that they knew that she knew... unless they'd had experience with psychics before.

She frowned as she idly thumbed over the braille labels of some of the medley of bottles in the suitcase. No point worrying about that now, anyway... whatever the Governor might or might not be up to, they were stuck with him. For now, might as well just get acclimated to the colony, and take things one step at a time...

Might as well get a bit of practice in! Scan the minds of my colleagues- if anyone's doing anything particularly interesting, I'll tag along.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 04:01:10 pm »

Kevin immediately identifies his dresser and proceeds to shed his civvies. He dons his Shadowcaster uniform, and sits cross-legged on the ground. Much better. Never much liked the Kevin Fitzgerald shtick. Even in this new city the seed of evil is gestating. I will snuff out crime, like a stormcloud crossing over a full moon. I am Shadowcaster. He considers the dynamics at play in his new environment.

Green. Funny man to place in charge. Kevin's experience tells him that authorities can sometimes be as corrupt as the criminals. In Henry Green's case, despite some degree of mutual respect, there is plenty reason to be wary. But for now, that's just a hunch. Cooperate for now. Keep an eye on him. It might be nothing. He mentioned gangs, not an unlikely prospect in a frontier colony like this. For now, Kevin decides, his attention is best focused on the more immediate threats. He decides to begin patrols as soon as he acquires the necessary paperwork to properly traverse the domes.

Kevin surveys his travel companions. Trustworthy? Not sure. Don't know most of them. The Ruskie's playing on his computer, and the awkward little girl is hiding in her box. That severe looking young man, looks familiar, grabbed his guns and left. The magician and the albino seem to be lagging behind. The magician and the Ruskie, they're established, the most likely to be trustworthy. Kevin prefers to work alone, but it always pays to keep stock of any potential allies. On more than one occasion he's found himself in over his head confronting more powerful supes. Where's the kid going with those guns in such a hurry, anyway? Kevin quickly rises from his repose, grabs his crossbow, and pursues Adam.

Follow Adam, using stealth.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:43:44 pm by kinseti »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9