Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Superhero Evacuation Project (Swords and Psychics...)  (Read 16237 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Evacuation Project (Data Leaked!)
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2012, 10:37:12 am »

Meeting:

Green nods and takes a deep sip of his beverage. "TSS, huh? They do some nasty things on the side when they ain't running about playing hero, but drug dealing doesn't fit their MO... I keep tabs on them... but if they are involved things are going to get complicated real quick."

Producing his clicker the governor switches a few of the small surveillance monitors around. "They got two leaders. The reasonable one is Carlton Doe, who goes by Striped Eagle. Racist little prick, but that means he shares my hate of Charlie 'cause Charlie is Indian. Long story short he gladly takes any orders I give him, and I give him orders because my Attorney General wont let me coordinate with the police. It ain't ideal, and hopefully I can phase him out once you all get established, but all the crime that the TSS stops more than makes up for a few business owners sucked into a protection racket."

The old man sighs. "If the TSS are involved I'd bet it is Harmony/Insanity's doing. He claims to be some sort of demigod. The fact that he can warp space around him to teleport physical objects dose nothing to dissuade him of this belief. I honestly have no clue why they keep him around, much less in a leadership position. Some of my staff, along with some TSS agents think he may be a telepath capable of manipulating the subconscious into not disliking him. Carlton claims he keeps the fucking jap in the group because he would most likely fly off and do vilianous things if left to his own devices."

Pausing to scratch his chin the governor muses aloud briefly. "Jap is one of those words you are not supposed to say anymore. My bad. Let the flurry of follow up questions begin."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2012, 03:27:59 pm »

Shadowcaster declines Green's offer to sit, and stands stiffly with arms crossed. "Green. Nice war-room. I like the decor. Very Orwellian-chic."

Not a big surprise. Green has his bases covered. Shadowcaster cranes his neck around to get a view of the various video feeds. How many cameras has he got pointed at us? Need to stay careful. But he's an ally for now. Intel could prove useful. Lot's of dynamics at play on Truman. Need to get my bearings. Learn who's who.

"Dropoffs are random times and locations, arranged by cell. Real professional-like. Hard to track. Seems like the TSS might be playing the hero bit to knock out competition."  Shadowcaster makes a point of glancing back towards the array of screens. "Keep an eye on them. Any intel is useful. If they are behind the drugs, you still want them dealt with? Considering, you know. Your cooperation with the group."

Shadowcaster turns to Dopple. "If you want, I bet Green could get you a meeting with Eagle. Maybe get some first-hand intel. I'd do it myself. But you know. I'm kind of a jew. Might not trust me. Your call. I have another angle to look into tomorrow anyway."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:32:26 pm by kinseti »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2012, 06:45:12 pm »

Green shrugs. "Depends on the situation. Keep me updated. If they are pushing the drugs I doubt the entire group is involved. We might have to take them off the street, or we may just have to weed out a few bad apples. Once we know exactly whats up, we can figure out an apropriate way to handle the situation... Once we get you all extablished I'm sure Truman will no longer need the services of the TSS one way or another."

The old man pauses, as if hesitant to continue speaking. "I of all people have no right to criticize your work Shadowcaster... but do you think the dealer could have pull one over on you during interrogation? I am well connected within the TSS, and it would be quite the trick for them to be in the drug biz without me catching wind."

The Governor shakes his head. "My usual go-between with Eagle is busy on a big case. I'm sure I could talk to him directly though if you want a meeting."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wait, did it have a webcam? She'd never bothered to actually check, but it didn't much matter anywait did someone just mention fencing? Popping back up off the bed and grabbing her cane, Lillian heads back out of her private cubicle and towards the youngest of the minds in the room.

"Heya... Alan, was it? You mention swordplay? I'll probably be shooting off messages to a friend between rounds, but we could spar for a bit before food and bed."
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2012, 11:03:26 pm »

Upon hearing Green doubt the information Adam quickly spoke. "I interrogated the man at gunpoint with a knife in my other hand. If you doubt his information I would be more than happy to go back and break every bone he has to get the real information. I knocked him out before we left, so he couldn't have gone far by now." His response was cold, but he said it with a grin.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2012, 05:26:16 am »

Symon coughed politely to interrupt the other two. Their case didn't seem a job for him. Working with vigilantes always left him feeling dirty.

'I'm here for my ID and papers, Green. But I also have questions about the attorney general,' he said. 'I don't trust you, Green, but I doubt even you'd co-operate with a super-hater. What's going on here? How is he still in power? Surely you have some dirt on him. From what I've heard, his actions here haven't necessarily stuck to the book of law... or atleast, any that we have on Earth.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:31 am »

Smokescreen rubbed his forehead is frustration

"No ma'm you don't understand I work for the govern...Ah forget just take the god-damned money."

He slapped money down in front of the woman and wandered up up to his room.

'This giant guy had better not be too much trouble. Just how the heck am I supposed to find him if nobody around here can even understand me...I really should have thought this through a little better.'

'At least this room is comfortable enough. Now I can search in the morning.'

Check PDA for some kind of  translation software even very basic will do. Then rest and begin to search for the location of the 9 foot man.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2012, 02:49:45 am »

The Meeting:

Green turns to Symon. "He is nuts. Governor before I was Governor. When I first got here he went after me because I worked for the Soviets in the 50's. He had several black cars tailing me everywhere, FBI agents renting rooms across from my house, the whole nine yards. After about the 14th or 15th time he had me arrested on minor charges I got pissed and decided I had taken enough of his crap. I've taken out African banana republics without much help or bloodshed in the past. Removing him from office was child's play."

The ancient super-being shakes his head. "Some of the tactics I used to win the office may have been a bit heavy handed. I'll freely admit that the fact he hates our lot is more or less my fault. Sadly he did not make these new views of his public until after I made him the attorney general as a peace offering to the far right. Clever bastard made his new office second in power only to my own, and uses it to screw me and pick on those he dislikes."

He looks Symon up and down. "You'd best get over my history on earth Spirit. It may just be proof as to how sad the situation on Truman is, but any semi-reasonable person, myself included, from earth is a comparative moderate here. My only platform is to ensure that the people of this world can go to sleep with the reasonable expectation that they wont wake up dead... anything else is just a bonus at this point. The ID cards are in the gym. I left them with that kid from the past."

Pulling out the remote he flips around on the monitors for a bit before turning his attention back to Doppel and Shadowcaster. "If you want to pay the man another visit, be my guest. I'll still be sure to look into the whole TSS lead the best I can though. If you guys want to split it up, I got another lead on the drugs Shadowcaster could work..."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2012, 04:41:11 pm »

Shadowcaster stands quietly and processes this new information about Charlie and Green's relationship. Hmm. Don't like this Charlie. But everything I know about him I've learned from Green. He wouldn't lie on the facts. But they're enemies. Might be leaving out some details. Key details. Gonna have to talk to Charlie. Hear both sides. Sometimes it's all in the details. He looks up at the mention of his name.

"Sure. I'm listening. Anything linked directly to the drugs is useful. Like you say, all we have on the TSS is a dealers word. If he had the balls to lie, all our leads are dead ends." Shadowcaster tilts his head to the side and cracks the bones in his neck. "Mark my words, though. I don't like what I've heard of the TSS. If they're not behind this, they'll be trouble eventually."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 04:43:32 pm »

Alan turned to the girl asking him to fence. "Oh, um, sure I guess." Alan wasn't quite sure though if it would be a challenge, he was trained...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2012, 12:30:02 am »

Meeting:

Green chuckles. "The TSS... They are trouble indeed... Sadly for them I wrote the book on trouble. Their usefulness is nearing its end, and they will be dealt with one way or the other."

The old man's eyes glow yellow with power briefly as he regards Shadowcaster. "Now then. The lead for you. I got a tip that these drugs are coming in through a hidden tunnel that lets out under a major mall here in Roosevelt Dome. The source that droped this tip fell out of the blue this afternoon while I was at the DMV. I'm positive its a trap of some sort, or perhaps just a stakeout for the bad-guys to figure out if these newly arrived heros are co-ordinating with me."

The Governor frowns. "Even a trap needs somebody in the know to set it off. You up to catch him?"

Lillian:

You get a short email in reply. "If you can get bum a ticket 2 Hoover Dome, I'll with you 'round 1. g2g. Need to get welding."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2012, 12:32:12 am »

Doppel's smile broadened as Green allowed him to go back to the drug dealer's house for a proper interrogation. He kept his tone flat to hide his excitement. "I'll go have a talk with the dealer again. This time I won't be friendly." Doppel started walking out of the room without warning, only to call back to Shadowcaster with an equally flat tone. "If this brings up any new leads or information I'll send it to your phone." He was looking forward to this, it brought him a sick sense of justice to torture that kind of person within inches of their life.

((Gah. I'm not entirely sure if Tyler (who I'm going to see) is Streetwise, or if he's someone else. I'll just keep it vague until I know.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:44:53 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2012, 02:34:27 pm »

Symon shrugged, mostly to himself. There was not much else to get from Green.

'I'll see you around, governor.' he said and took his leave, heading back to the gym to get his ID and get to sleep.

Leave, get ID, get bed, contact Doe in the morning and tell him to pick me - with armor - up.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2012, 06:16:44 pm »

The Entire Party ('cept Somekscreen) Get Their ID Badges This Turn!

Symon:

Your roll out of bed in the morning and give Agent Doe a call. You catch him just as he is pulling out of the driveway and inform the man that you are bringing your armor. He sarcastically complains that the power-suit wont fit in his Sportscar and tells you he will be at the governor's manor in 15 minutes. On your way out the door you spot a table set up with several brown bags full of breakfast to go, each decorated like the costume of a hero in your group. You grab your bag and sit on the steps of the manor, enjoying the blueberry muffin and egg-sausage sandwich within.

Agent Doe arrives in a large 4-wheel drive truck. The pair of you, With help from a few members of the governor's staff, load your armor in the back and set off for the field office. Along the way agent doe keeps you mildly entertained with classical  music on the radio and discussion about local crime and terrorism.

"I got some paperwork and meetings to attend to before I can take you out to the hostage sites. I'm guessing it will take me a couple hours or so. Feel free to explore the Sacred Heart Dome or get warmed up in your armor out behind the office while you wait." The agent explains as he gets out of the truck at the destination. "If you don't want to lug the armor around, just bug one of the agents, and they can have it chained to the truck bed while you explore."

Doppel:

You travel back to the apartments and break back into Tyler's room. To your dismay you find the dealer gone. Knowing that he couldn't have gotten too far you head outside and find three shady men hanging around the entrance. Annoyed, and not wanting to waste time with niceities you open a can of whoop-ass on them!

You pounce the first creep from behind, knocking him flat on his face with a well placed rabbit punch. The other two turn to face you, and you give them a quick look over. Neither of them is in particularly good shape, and you doubt they have any sort of combat training or experience under their belt. You decide you can kick their buts without resorting to your powers and charge them!

Moving swiftly you quickly introduce your foot to the nutsack of one of the remaining goons! The man drops to his knees with a roar of pain! Spinning around to face the last thug you discover, to your dismay, that he has managed to quickdraw a pistol! The man gets off a shot, which hits you in the left thigh, before running away as fast as his legs can carry him. Wincing in pain you decide not to pursue.

Although you are much more injured than either of the two men you have been trained to handle pain... a boon you doubt your foes in this situation can claim. Performing a quick interrogation you learn that Tyler left the apartment claiming that he had lied to a government spook, and has gone to a girlfriends house to hide out. Even after breaking a few of their bone neither man can tell you where exactly Tyler is staying so you decide to split before the man who shot you returns with the police, or worse, backup.

At the governor's mansion Green uses his powers to heal you, before advising you to get a good night sleep. You wake up close to noon...

Lilian + Alan:

You agree to get some sleep and spar in the morning. Upon waking up you get right to work tuning up your fencing. It quickly becomes apparent to Lilian that the  trained Medieval knight outclasses her quite a bit... with that in mind the blind psychic decides to cheat, using Telekinesis to misdirect his sword and Telepathy to read his upcoming actions each time she finds herself in trouble. Alan, unawhare of her opponents unseen advantage simply assumes that the long shuttle ride has rendered his swordplay sloppy and predictable

After several hours of play an attendent enters the gym with two cold bagged breakfasts. "You were supposed to grab these on your way out the door!"

The pair of you stop long enough to wolf down your food and talk a bit.

Kevin

You roll out of bed in your pajamas and head back to the War-room to further discuss the tunnel under the mall with green. The Governor has most of the screens switched off and a small table with coffee and breakfast pastries set out. He calls up the layout of the mall on one of the larger TVs.

"Supposedly the drug tunnel lets out in the back room of 'Mr. Puffit's' a small Smokeshop. You can get in through the front door, or the loading docks in back."

He sighs and highlights the shop on the screen. "The two lots on either side of the smokeshop are offices with no listed purpose. They are owned by one 'Jacob Ice'. A background check seems to indicate that nobody on Truman with that name has enough money to lease that kind of property. I'd bet money those are being used for something criminal."

The old man stares at the ceiling. "Of course this is all a trap. I don't know the person who gave me this information, and I don't trust him. I'd expect armed goons and the like. Any comments or concerns?"

Smokescreen:

You wake up to find that somebody had left out a breakfast of rice and tea for you. As you eat you browse apps, trying to find something for translation. You find and download an English Guide to Mushroom Gorge, and an app that can (rather inacurately) translate Chinese characters that you photograph. You find nothing useful for conversation.

You leave the Inn and head to the section of the tunnel where the giant lives. You eventually encounter the huge steel grate that cuts off his property from the rest of the tunnel system. Beyond it you see a large cottage and many piles of mushroom covered compost. You notice the lock on the grate is rusted and old... easily breakable.

You begin to ponder the wisdom of breaking into this man's land.

jaina

• Bay Watcher
  • Railgun
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Evacuation Project (Swords and Psychics...)
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2012, 06:57:43 pm »

((moved to ooc since I found that thread please delete post)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:00:15 pm by jaina »
DW: "Stay back! I can travel through time!"
AB: "Well good, you're gonna need that power, because I am about to kick your **** into last Thursday!"
DW: "I will cry!"
AB: "Children have no empathy! I don't even care! Now you give me some friggin' ice cream!"

Apple Bloom and Doctor Whooves from MLP: The (abridged) Mentally Advanced Series
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9