Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Superhero Evacuation Project (Swords and Psychics...)  (Read 16233 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Evacuation Project (Data Leaked!)
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2012, 03:00:06 am »

See if I can purchase a shuttle ticket now and then try and find a cab to take me to Mushroom Flats. Use smoke ability to escape the cab without paying.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2012, 09:10:41 am »

His smile dropped as Tyler spilled his information. With a rather bored tone he said, "I guess that's it then." Doppel dismissed the lookalike and holstered his pistols. "If I even hear someone say that you're still selling that kind of shit after this I'll be back, and next time we won't be talking. I'll break every last bone in your body. Slowly." Without warning he punched Tyler with a heavy punch in an attempt to knock him out.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2012, 09:41:59 am »

'Thank you for your help, Agent Doe,' Symon said. 'I'll return here tomorrow morning. Here. My contact information. If you ever need me, you'll know where to look.'

He scribbled down his number and new address at the governor's villa, studying the agent's face as he did. 'Things that I ain't proud of' wasn't a sentence he liked to hear. But then, active resistance probably meant bodies and hate like the radicals here.

This attorney general... a super-hating far right radical, openly in a public office. He missed Earth already. Atleast in this case he could probably count on Green being on their side - or atleast against him.

Symon said his farewells and left back for their makeshift home. On the way back, he began fiddling with his tablet...

Symon gives Agent Doe his number and address and heads home. On the way, he looks up online if the planet has any active established superheroes aside from them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:07 pm »

"ID- dome- ..." Alan rather confusedly turned his head to the nurse. "What exactly am I supposed to be doing now?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2012, 10:59:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doppel:

You nail the dealer with a heavy punch, putting his lights out, and head outside to meet with Shadowcaster.

Symon:

"If you are up early enough, we can Carpool down here. My Jag is much faster and more comfortable than the bus. If you want to bring your armor I could take the pickup instead. Otherwise lets meet at the field office in Sacred Heart. I see no point in meeting up back here. I don't think their leader is dumb enough to travel between sites."

Having purchased a two way ticket you hop the bus and return home. On the way back you take advantage of the free wifi and research active Heroes. You find that a hostile Attorney General, high population of Villains, and lack of a proper superhero's union means that the careers of most Hero's are brutally short. Still, you are able to find several heroes operating openly, and rumors of countless others working completely in the shadows... You have a feeling that Green may know more than you could possibly find out on the internet.

You get an email from staff@governorsmanor.truman. It reads simply "Would you mind taking the kid from the past with you next time you check in?"

Alan:

The nurse stares at you blankly for a second before getting a hold of herself. "Oh right. I read your file. You don't understand very much do you? Guess I need to figure out how to keep you occupied, huh?"

The lady pulls out her tablet of sorcery and pokes around on it for about a minute. "There. I just called your big Russian friend... now then... how to keep you occupied in the meantime? Did they teach you video-games yet? Or perhaps you'd like to look at some dirty pictures from the governors stash? Not sure what else a boy your age would be intrested in... much less a boy from your age."

You get the feeling that this nurse dosn't have much more of a clue than you do...

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2012, 12:30:26 am »

Lillian couldn't help but chuckle at the unfolding flame war (and obligatory e-peanut gallery egging them on) as she rushed back to the gym/apartment, swiping a couple more granola bars on the way.

Spoiler: re: what's up, guys? (click to show/hide)

Slowing down only to giggle at the awkward conversation between Alan and the nurse, she scurries excitedly into her cubicle to pop a couple migraine pills (as rapidly switching between her focus between her tablet and navigating was bound to give her a fantastic headache later), extract Deliria's hat from her luggage to snap a photo of it on her desk for use as an avatar, and- quickly throwing together a Meblab account and an auxiliary e-mail address to go with it- flopped down onto the bed to dive head-first into the fray.

Spoiler: Meblab (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2012, 12:56:42 am »

Adam leisurely walked to the kitchen as if nothing happened and turned to Shadowcaster. His tone was casual, even though he just threatened a man with torture just one room over. "Sorry for stealing the interrogation. I didn't want to give him a moment to think. We should stake out the TSS rush hour pick-ups and decide what to do from there. I'm pretty sure they aren't stupid enough to set up a lab in a building they own publicly, so we might have to either break a few fingers or trail them back to base." He opened the fridge, grabbed a can of cola, and proceeded to drink from it heavily. "I'll let you decide since I took the interrogation from you."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2012, 01:14:46 am »

Lillian:

Meblab

Response Sent to Aux Email Listed on Meblab:

Symon:

You reach the Roosevelt dome gate and have some trouble getting in without your documents. In the end they let you through, but not before you grease the gates with some of your money...

-100 USD

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2012, 02:09:32 am »

Hearing the faint crack of a knockout blow from the window, a solid indicator that the interrogation had reached it's conclusion, Shadowcaster quickly stashes his tablet and reenters the apartment. Barely glancing at Tyler's rapidly bruising face, he returns to the kitchen to confiscate another cold beverage. Adam follows him in and shares the intel gathered.

"TSS. Never heard of it. We need more info. No use goin' half-cocked." Shadowcaster starts to take another swig of 7Up but stops short. "Wait. Does he still have his cell? Green might have the resources to trace the number. Better yet. They might call back. Arrange another meet. I doubt this punk planned on going clean. Worth a shot. We still have the direct option if it's a dud."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2012, 02:23:01 am »

Smokescreen:

You head to the shuttleport to find that the average FTL flight costs several thousand USD at its cheapest. You however quickly a shady looking man at the street corner selling old tickets for canceled or long departed flights for 75 USD a pop. He claims that if you try to enter Roosevelt during rush hour the guards just glance at anything that looks like a valid ticket and wave you in without further scrutiny. You decided to cough up and buy the ticket.

-75 USD
+1 Invalid Shuttle Ticket

Shadowcaster:

You go through the KOed dealers pockets and eventualy find a sleek new smartphone. Very new. With no contact information or apps whatsoever. It seems $treetwise was streetwise enough to change phones after getting busted. You fly through the phones menus to find its number, which you jot down on your arm using one of your host's stolen hotel pens.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2012, 04:09:22 am »

Symon sighed as he pushed the door to their new home open and sat down on his bed. He'd nearly lost his temper with the security guards. It seemed he'd have to visit Green, after all. He looked at the tablet again, skimming through the mind-reader's email. He'd have to talk to her about it. Getting involved with local would-be villains wouldn't do them any good. How had she found out about the girl anyhow? His earlier suspicions were beginning to come to the surface again.

His bus ride search had been depressing. The few he thought that could be trusted were all wanted men. He didn't like the idea of having to rely on a bunch of far righters, and there was too much bad blood between him and Raptor's Sickle to expect any help from him. That left Chimera and Sands of Time.

The email from the manor was interesting, though he didn't much like the idea of having a total newcomer - in more ways than one - to look after. This was a chance to show him what being a hero was all about, he supposed.

Symon tapped his finger on the tablet screen idly. Now, it was time to get that ID and find out how bad things really were in this hellhole.

Seek out Green, if it's not too late yet. Then return and find Alan.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2012, 10:02:35 am »

Alan thought for a moment. "...I have heard of video games once. They said they were a form of amusement of the sorcery boxes. I don't know how to do them though. ....I don't know what dirty pictures are... how would one derive amusement from soiled paintings? ...
Doesn't sound all that interesting." He thought for another moment and got up. "Is there anywhere I could practice my swordsfighting or anything? I don't like feeling stiff, and I always like to keep well-practiced."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2012, 06:33:35 pm »

Shadowcaster pulls his tablet back out and does a quick google search on the TSS. He thinks out loud as he reads, grumbling,  "Hmm. Publicly, TSS are the good guys. Bad idea to hit random TSS targets. They might have civilians employed, not aware it's a front. Could be showing our hand for nothing. More than that, they got at least one hero-type. Extra careful." Before stashing his tablet, Shadowcaster sends a quick E-mail to Dopple with Tylers cell number.

"I want to talk to Green. He's got our back for this one. We can share intel. I'm sure he's keeping an eye on TSS."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2012, 12:53:02 am »

Alan:

The nurse pauses for a second. "I just stored away all our fencing gear with the other gymnasium toys to make room for you and your friends. I can have someone run down to storage and get it I guess. We might still have some freeweights in the closet for you in the meantime... If you don't know how to use those, I can help show you."

Smokescreen:

You decide to pull out the oldest trick in your book, and take a cab to Mushroom Flats. When you arrive you dissolve into smoke to avoid paying cab fare. The tunnel lights are dimmed here, either to encourge mushroom growth, or to simulate nighttime. You are quite tired.

You note the locals are looking at you; you doubt they get strangers down here often, much less ones in masks. It is a struggle to find an inn, seeing as none of the signs are in english, but eventually you find a place that puts you up in a small room with some fur bedding on the ground and running water. You are quite sure that for once you got ripped off here, but the language barrier effectively killed your attempts to haggle and con the hostess.

-60 USD

Shadowcaster, Doppel, and Symon:

The three of you bump into each other at the Governor's Mansion in search of Green. A staffer directs you to his 'war-room' where you find him sipping a hot beverage, reading a paper, and watching several news channels all at once. The walls are covered in monitors that seem to be hooked up to many surveillance cameras.

"My first day on Truman was a bitch, and I took it off. None of you lived through the fifties either... our political climate here must take some getting used to then." The governor comments with a slight smirk as you enter. "Please come in and have a seat."

The old man puts his newspaper aside and mutes the screens. "I'm all ears. Anything within my power to make your stay at my house more comfortable, or your service to Truman more effective, you can consider done. Got a feeling that what you guys want is some information though, so who would you like to gossip about?"

Note: Next full turn will take place in the morning. Finish up any RP/Research actions, then go to sleep and post your action for when you wake up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:11 am »

Doppel did a quick salute as he fully entered the room. "We've interrogated a drug dealer, and found out that the TSS is involved in drug drop offs. They are likely the main distributors. We need to know which truck they'll be using next, and we thought you might be keeping tabs on them. All we'll need is a security feed of any suspicious movements, and a list of possible threats within TSS specifically any super that might have a hand in this." Adam seemed stained to stand in place, almost as if he wanted to rush forward and slam his hands on Green's desk. Why the hell did the TSS slip under his radar? The question burned within his mind, but it wasn't his place to ask such questions.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9